SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

PRE - Shower & almond oil

BRUSH - SOC Boar

SOAP - Portus Cale

BOWL - Fine

RAZOR - C.V. Heljestrand

POST - Almond oil, Aloe Vera gel & Fine Platinum

The great thing about this soap, other than the performance and post shave, is the scent. It is very light so it can be paired with any AS.

First time using the aloe vera gel and when paired with a drop of sweet almond oil it beats any balm in my opinion. I drink a lot of water so the balms are wasted on me.

The edge on the Heljestrand came off a Escher Thuringian which is buttery and laser sharp at the same time. Great shave!
774e629b5edb7c957447588e27af93fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20/2/18

Brush - Yaqi Tux
Soap - Valobra Stick
Razor - Yaqi Old Type
Blade - Nacet SS (2)
Post - Brut Oceans

I'd received a few sticks of Valobra in an exchange and I'd completely forgot I had them until I read a few good things about them here (@Fergiebilly in particular) and I used it today for the first time and it was an exceptional lather, the Nacet seemed to glide across my face. One of the most effortless shaves I've had for a long time.

I can see why Valobra is held with such high regards. Even though it's the first time I have used it I can see myself enjoying it as much as my favourite Vitos Red Coco (or even more!).

Brush - Razorock Monster
Cream - D R Harris Windsor
Razor - EJ DE 89 (with stainless handle)
Blade - Astra platimum (3)
Aftershave - D R Harris Windsor Splash
Balm - D R Harris Windsor Milk

Time on my hands so nice and slow resulting in one of the closest and smoothest shaves ever, also smells great. I have tried many razors with varying degrees of success by my hometown DE 89 always delivers time after time, my first and still best.

Tue 20th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Stirling Baker Street
Schick I1
Japanese Schick Twin [ 9 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Carried on today with use of a Twin Blade, in the readily available Schick I1. When used with a single blade it is a good little Razor, but with a Twin onboard it is much better. Some may prefer this compact model over the longer handled ones.

I really like the way the Stirling performs, the only problem I have is which one of so many should I try next. With a great lather I again had a smooth comfortable Shave, with a Face Stroking finish. The Injectors may not be as good looking as some other Razors, but if you want a good Shave they take some beating.

IMG_0002.jpg

SOTD 200218
SOTD 200218.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Brush: Shavemac Rowl 28mm Custom
Soap: Martin De Candre
Splash: D R Harris Arlington
Cologne: D R Harris Arlington

That was a top draw shave.

First time use of this brush and I know its a keeper already. Not only for its pleasing aesthetics and ergonomics but the knot is truly amazing. Great back bone with cloud soft tips and flow through second to none that I have experienced.
The Rocca destroyed every hair in sight with 2 passes.

The soap is wonderful in scent and ability. post shave feel is sublime followed up with a touch of his balm and the gorgeous citrus scent that is Arlington.
Running low on the cologne so time to top up as it would be a tragedy not to have any of this in my den for the spring.

A thoroughly enjoyable shave, hope you enjoy yours! :)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (6)
EdC: DR Harris Arlington

Very nice late night shave after getting home from a concert. The DR Harris Arlington soap just loved my Crown King scuttle, with loads of tallowy goodness forthcoming.
Three passes for a DFS+. Kept the Arlington theme going with the splash and cologne. I chose Arlington as it is quintessentially English, and I saw a great Englishman tonight.
The great man Roger Waters was in superb form, belting out all the Floyd classics, and also songs from his excellent solo albums. Indulge me - I've included a few snaps below that I took during the show.

Tuesday's Shave of the Day.

Pre-shave - Shower, followed by warm water splash and Murdock's Pre-shave Oil.
Cream - OSP Lemon.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-Gem L2.
Blade - GEM PTFE (day 2).
Post - Cold water splash, OSP Niroli and Menthol Splash.

Third shave with the Sabre-GEM L2. A 2 pass shave of the face, WTG and a 1 pass (WTG) neck.

Excellent results: BBS, face, with a DFS on the neck.

I made a concentrated effort to go back to basics, with my shave, using the L2, as my skin felt a little raw after shaving with the L2 on Sunday, which I was surprised/dissapointed as I never had any issues with the L1.

Gpiong back to basics, I spent more time on the angle - cap slightly of the face (after reading a few reviews), and I was careful with the pressure.

I was really happy with the outcome: no redness, weepers, and I feel that I can get the L2 to work for me :)

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom