SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Mongoose (on loan)
Blade: Schick Proline P
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Pitralon ASIMG_20180120_103145.jpg

Many thanks to @Barry Giddens for letting me try the razor which I believe to be the one which kicked off the three piece AC safety razor revolution.
First impressions:
With its straight lines and angles it looks far more utilitarian than the curvy Colonial General. I must admit I find the General the prettier of the two.
On to the more important bit (imo), the shave:
To be fair it wasn't much of a test, having used the Cobra <20hrs ago, but it shaves quite efficiently and smoothly once you find the right angle. I didn't find this as intuitive as the sharp angled head would suggest but it's only my first go with it and think I'll have it cracked tomorrow.
A pretty good start to the weekend, and here's hoping you all have a good one.

njPFFEu.jpg

Rocca, APR Coolabah LE Set.

Superb

~ SOTD 20th January 2018 ~

Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Perma Sharp Super (2)
Brush - YaQi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap - PAA Harvest Moon
Aftershave - Aqua Velva Ice Blue
EDT - Paco Rabanne 1 Million

Great Shave Face Feels nice and Smooth There's not a Whisker Anywhere .... Enjoy the Weekend Folks :)

5wbbl1.jpg

Vie Long 04503
Gillette Fat Boy
Feather (3)
Stirling Soaps Mountain Man
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Al Rehab Silver

A fantastic shave and what a scent! Love the Mountain Man and Silver. This is probably my second favourite Stirling soap, my favourite would be Ozark Mountain. The Feather is really toned down now, very comfortable and no issue at all. I may live dangerously tomorrow and push it for a fourth shave...

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Mongoose (on loan)
Blade: Schick Proline P
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Pitralon ASView attachment 32682

Many thanks to @Barry Giddens for letting me try the razor which I believe to be the one which kicked off the three piece AC safety razor revolution.
First impressions:
With its straight lines and angles it looks far more utilitarian than the curvy Colonial General. I must admit I find the General the prettier of the two.
On to the more important bit (imo), the shave:
To be fair it wasn't much of a test, having used the Cobra <20hrs ago, but it shaves quite efficiently and smoothly once you find the right angle. I didn't find this as intuitive as the sharp angled head would suggest but it's only my first go with it and think I'll have it cracked tomorrow.
A pretty good start to the weekend, and here's hoping you all have a good one.
I struggled to find the right angle to begin with myself Kevin. I'm glad it's not just me.

Sat 20th January

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Speick Active soap
Schick Type F
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Of all the short-handled Injectors that I have used, the Type F is probably the most tactile,
and feels really good in the hand whilst shaving. Despite the alloy handle it is not at all slippery
and the Shave is very smooth and comfortable. However for me with a tough beard it seems
a bit mild, and the Shave though close was not an ultra close finish like ones obtained with other Razors. I shall try it out with other blades to see if the performance varies, but on looks and feel alone it is a keeper.

IMG_0189.jpg

20/1/18

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Cyril Salter Tallow
Razor - DE89
Blade - Tian Li SS (4)
Post - RSC Balm
AS- Ben's Bay Rum

I'd had some post shave irritation with the Cyril Salter soap when I'd used it before so it had fallen to the back of my pile of soaps and gave it a go today and oddly had none of the post shave irritation from before and pleased I kept the soap, it produces a delightful lather.

Back
Top Bottom