SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

View attachment 32679 ~SOTD~ Saturday 20th January 08

Old Spice Saturday

Prep ~ Shower, Mysore soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 Sun Ray
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux (NOS 1950s) stropped
Soap ~ Old Spice - Shulton
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ Old Spice Aftershave Shulton

A wonderful shave leaving me smooth skinned and bringing back memories of yesteryear with the Old Spice. (When I was a child my farther only used Old Spice products) :)

Wishing you all a fab weekend........:)

The Sun Ray envy is strong!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proraso Red pre shave
Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Parker 98R
Treet Durasharp (1)
Lavender witch hazel
Blue Stratos aftershave

Frustrated at the lather fading in the Simpsons brush again.
I soaked it in warm water for at least five minutes before loading plenty of soap.
All lather dissipated, so I dipped the tips and reloaded. Oddly, copious amounts of lather were produced. Could be that the brush needs more water for the initial loading?
The Parker 99R is a bit too mild for me, resulting in the need for buffing. The end result was good, so t too disappointed
Blue Stratos finished the shave very nicely.

Friday 19th January 2018
SOTD 20 Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Occam's 2 dot plate/cap
Blade: Schick Proline PB-20 (#3)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest
Soap: Stone Cottage Soapworks Spiced Myrrh
Bowl: Korium
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
EDT: Lalique Encre Noire

An absolutely fantastic shave, maybe it just took me a few shaves to get used to the Occam's or the Proline is just an excellent match. The wonderful Stone Cottage Soapworks soap no doubt played a key part in the shave. Incredibly close and smooth shave. I also managed to get under my nose without problems and no irritation this time.

On the whole I would recommend the Occam's Razor. It did take me a few shaves to get the knack, and it is quite a wide head which takes a bit of getting used to. It is well made, not too heavy nor too light, and it is a bit different, all of which I like.

Random one but here it is all the same...
4da9fb77c547815e162e288d775f203c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD 200118
SOTD 200118.jpg

Prep: BBA Shave Oil
Razor: Taylors Eye 6/8th
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Cologne: Acqua Di Parma Essenza (Sample)

What a wonderful 2 pass shave with a few touch ups from my newly acquired Taylors Eye SR courtesy of @shaunwistow .
The work he done to revive this beauty is remarkable.

Now that is what I call "Shave Ready!"
It mowed down my whiskers with ease and glide. The blade shouts at you, it is so audible.

My face is as smooth as one of Billy's dolphins and I am only a sharks fin away from achieving the same around my neck area. :D

The brush and Soap combo worked in harmony to provide a glorious thick, slick and protective lather. Scent is sublime.

No feedback from the alum and an application of the superb BBA Balm.

Finally it is my first introduction to Acqui Di Parma due to the overwhelming generosity of Shaun who provided me with four different samples amongst other things and I must say I am totally enabled. I am starting to learn why fragrances such as these are that much more expensive than your run of the mill high street choices. Not that I am turning my nose up at them because I am not but the scent to me is much more complex and unfortunately for my pocket much more desirable.
There is not one of them I dislike and my sample of choice this evening was the "Essenza" as I believe it paired beautifully with the S.V. Soap.

Thank you very much Shaun and enjoy the remainder of your weekend gentleman. :)

Last edited:
SOTD 200118
View attachment 32689

What a wonderful 2 pass shave with a few touch ups from my newly acquired Taylors Eye SR courtesy of @shaunwistow .
A thank you must also go out to @Fergiebilly for the incredible edge he put on this razor.
It mowed down my whiskers with ease and glide. The blade shouts at you, it is so audible.

My face is as smooth as one of Billy's dolphins and I am only a sharks fin away from achieving the same around my neck area. :D

The brush and Soap combo worked in harmony to provide a glorious thick, slick and protective lather. Scent is sublime.

Finally it is my first introduction to Acqui Di Parma due to the overwhelming generosity of Shaun who provided me with four different samples amongst other things and I must say I am totally enabled. I am starting to learn why fragrances such as these are that much more expensive than your run of the mill high street choices. Not that I am turning my nose up at them because I am not but the scent to me is much more complex and unfortunately for my pocket much more desirable.
There is not one of them I dislike and my sample of choice this evening was the "Essenza" as I believe it paired beautifully with the S.V. Soap.

A outstanding superb image, i have the greatest respect for people who use straight razors.;)

Last edited:
SOTD 200118
View attachment 32689

A thank you must also go out to @Fergiebilly for the incredible edge he put on this razor.

It May have Been Jamie that Honed that Razor..:D:D

Billy

YEN2rwb.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th Full Hollow
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Mornings Shave Today with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th..It has a Very Sharp & Mellow Smooth Coticule/Yellow Lake 16 K Edge & its a Top Tier Shaver..A Belter of a Shave..:)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom