SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

38661405114_c3247bf6a6_z.jpg

Plisson Burr Walnut acetate "European grey badger"
Pré de Provence 63
Merkur Progress
Timor Blade
Pré de Provence 63 balm

Maiden voyage for the Plisson... It was a Christmas gift from a loved one, I wouldn't have bought it for myself and have held off using it as I was too annoyed someone would pay that much for a pure badger brush. Well, today some Pré de Provence 63 arrived from @Blackmass (thanks Rob) and it seemed rude not to use the French brush with some French soap.

The Plisson is a thing of beauty, finish is absolutely perfect. In use its quite unusual and unlike any badger I've had previously. Its extremely soft, I was expecting scritch central but its not like that at all, backbone is not up to two band standards but adequate to get the job done. Where it really excelled was lather creation and flow through... It whipped up a perfect lather in record time with minimal effort and actually felt like it wanted to give me its lather - Polar opposite to the Maseto I've become accustomed to which requires all manner of threats & wrangling to release the lather from its core.

Pré de Provence 63 is a great performer, the hype is warranted. Scent to my nose is a dead ringer for DR Harris Windsor which isn't my favourite but oh well, it was relatively inexpensive compared to Harris and performance is easily on par.

38661405114_c3247bf6a6_z.jpg

Plisson Burr Walnut acetate "European grey badger"
Pré de Provence 63
Merkur Progress
Timor Blade
Pré de Provence 63 balm

Maiden voyage for the Plisson... It was a Christmas gift from a loved one, I wouldn't have bought it for myself and have held off using it as I was too annoyed someone would pay that much for a pure badger brush. Well, today some Pré de Provence 63 arrived from @Blackmass (thanks Rob) and it seemed rude not to use the French brush with some French soap.

The Plisson is a thing of beauty, finish is absolutely perfect. In use its quite unusual and unlike any badger I've had previously. Its extremely soft, I was expecting scritch central but its not like that at all, backbone is not up to two band standards but adequate to get the job done. Where it really excelled was lather creation and flow through... It whipped up a perfect lather in record time with minimal effort and actually felt like it wanted to give me its lather - Polar opposite to the Maseto I've become accustomed to which requires all manner of threats & wrangling to release the lather from its core.

Pré de Provence 63 is a great performer, the hype is warranted. Scent to my nose is a dead ringer for DR Harris Windsor which isn't my favourite but oh well, it was relatively inexpensive compared to Harris and performance is easily on par.

My pleasure and thanks for the tag. Great write-up and loving the brush.

Last edited:
SOTD 29/11/2017

My second shave with the Ikon Tech.

Ikon Tech
Perma Sharp Blade
Wickham's 1912 Magnum pre-shave soap
Wickham's 1912 Magnum shave soap.
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel (no Alcohol)
XSPEC non-scented aftershave balm

Again, I got a very close and smooth shave. Went with 2 x WTG passes.
A great set up you have there @Snail and it sounds like you have found your perfect razor. :)

Fri 29th Dec
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2 ( Canadian WW2 naval issue )
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Having shaved with a US E2, which is known for its agression I was rather way of my first outing with one from over the border.

I used the dependable Vitos for its slide and cushion.However from the first few strokes it was apparent this was a different Razor, smoother than smooth with a nice degree of blade that showed you what was happening.It may be my first use of this Razor,but it provided me with probably the easiest and most comfortable Shave ever with any injector using a single blade. It certainly is vying with the PAL Razors at top of my favourite Injector list.

Some 6 hours on it may be safe to say that this Shave may be better than many of those achieved with Vintage/Modern SE Razors. Certainly appears to be a "Schick Buster" buster :)

IMG_0483.jpg

Last edited:
Friday (I think)

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - P&B Whitechapel
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Feather Artist Club SS
Blade - Feather Professional
Post - Alum, Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Proraso M&E

The first outing for the Whitechapel. Scent-wise, it reminds me of a lower octane Baskerville; the performance, as you'd expect from Phoenix and Beau, is absolutely first-rate. Thirsty, of course; but it gave a lovely, rich, thick and protective lather for the Feather combo.

The post-shave feel is great and this soap becomes the third in the holy trinity; completing Star Noir and Baskerville . Special occasion soaps, to be sure.

My confidence increases with regular use of the AC. 3 passes and a bit buffing and I'm smooth as the buttocks of the Hellenistic Statue of the Three Graces. I should pay more attention to the amount of times I've used this blade; but it's still delivering lovely, irritation-free shaves.
6B512BE8-4A52-42F3-B1DF-411F71A82DFF.jpeg

Last edited:
~ SOTD 29th December ~

Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Supermax Platinum Plus (3)
Brush - YaQi Mysterious Space 26mm Tuxedo
Scuttle - Thrown in Stone Midnight Blue
Cream - Dove Men+Care Hydrate+ Pro-Moisture Shave Cream
Aftershave - Beckham Homme Aftershave Lotion
Balm - Dove Men+Care Hydrate+ Post Shave Balm
20171229_144643.jpg

Fri 29th Dec
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2 ( Canadian WW2 naval issue )
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Having shaved with a US E2, which is known for its agression I was rather way of my first outing with one from over the border.

I used the dependable Vitos for its slide and cushion.However from the first few strokes it was apparent this was a different Razor, smoother than smooth with a nice degree of blade that showed you what was happening.It may be my first use of this Razor,but it provided me with probably the easiest and most comfortable Shave ever with any injector using a single blade. It certainly is vying with the PAL Razors at top of my favourite Injector list.

Some 6 hours it may be safe to say that this Shave may be better than many of those achieved with Vintage/Modern SE Razors. Certainly appears to be a "Schick Buster" buster :)

View attachment 32107
I could not agree with you any more Mike with regards to the Schick E2.
A marvellous piece of kit. :)

Pre: Proraso Pre Barba green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 4
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Italian Barbershop
Brush: Stirling 2-band Synthetic 24mm

Not really happy with the lather of LPL.
It's light and airy. Tried several times.
I will give it another go as the scent is really good.
Proraso aftershave works like a charm.

3b5931df9b4f3c57f1e0d3515ffb4b3a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom