SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

4tOE0XX.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 91 Solingen 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Nice Easy 2 Pass Shave Today with My Puma Extra Hollow 6/8th..A Pleasure to Use as Usual..This was One of My 1st SRs & I Love it to Bits..It Just Oozes 1930s Germany..:)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Friday 29th December

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
Semogue 1250 Boar Brush
Ikon SS 2nd Gen OC with a NOS Wilkinson Sword (UK)
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Denim Original AS

The razor is one of the originals produced by Ikon before production moved to Aluminium and the USA.
Three passes for a lovely BBS shave:)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: C&E Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Leresche 901
Blade: Ladas
IMG_20171229_085811.jpg

My first time using this razor and this make of blade and I've never managed to get a decent lather with this soap. So a quick prayer to the gods of traditional shaving and away I go. BRB.
Well, the gods turned a deaf ear, that was a poor shave. I'd bloomed the soap, loaded it until my arm ached and the result was the same as my other uses of it. A dissipating, wispy, insubstantial lather.
I struggled through the first pass, rinsed off the brush and loaded up with Wickhams Irish Fern. Much better.
Why I chose to try an unfamiliar blade in an unfamiliar razor has me stumped. Now I don't know if the Ladas are mild or the 901 is, or both, I suspect both.
It took three passes to get a DFS, not happy!
But there was something to smile about, another new experience... the Tuff aftershave, a nice subtle floral, herby, scent which leaves the skin feeling good.
@Blackmass

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: C&E Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Leresche 901
Blade: Ladas
View attachment 32081

My first time using this razor and this make of blade and I've never managed to get a decent lather with this soap. So a quick prayer to the gods of traditional shaving and away I go. BRB.
Well, the gods turned a deaf ear, that was a poor shave. I'd bloomed the soap, loaded it until my arm ached and the result was the same as my other uses of it. A dissipating, wispy, insubstantial lather.
I struggled through the first pass, rinsed off the brush and loaded up with Wickhams Irish Fern. Much better.
Why I chose to try an unfamiliar blade in an unfamiliar razor has me stumped. Now I don't know if the Ladas are mild or the 901 is, or both, I suspect both.
It took three passes to get a DFS, not happy!
But there was something to smile about, another new experience... the Tuff aftershave, a nice subtle floral, herby, scent which leaves the skin feeling good.
@Blackmass

Thanks for the tag Kevin, much appreciated. How does it compare to Pitralon? Do you prefer one over the other?

Back
Top Bottom