SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

SOTD 20180228.

1BAoVZ9.jpg

Semogue 1470.
Razor Master "Ari".
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Classic" shave setting).
Schick Chromium (8).
Pitralon Classic AS.

Wednesday

OSP Barbershop
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
BBA balm

Working from home today, so a leisurely shave this morning. Nice and smooth, but the blade is on its way out. To be fair, I lost count - in excess of 7 outings, I reckon.

A good finish, however; and the OSP delivered, as always. Keep warm and safe, everyone.
F581013C-A72D-44A4-9727-DE1CBE8DA8AB.jpeg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Through The Fire, Devil's Cut
Razor: Windrose OC Slant
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
IMG_20180228_094528.jpg
I stuck with this soap to see if I could improve on yesterday's performance.
So I loaded, loaded and loaded some more, same result as yesterday, the lather was disappearing faster than I could shave.
To make matters worse, this was a bad blade choice for a mild razor.
After a bad first pass, I decided substitutions were required.
The R41 was the closest DE razor to hand but I didn't fancy chasing vanishing lather round my face with such a beast, enter stage left, the Palmolive shave stick.
What a turn around, I'm as pleased as punch and smugger than Smuggy McSmugface.
Happy Shaving one and all.
Substitutions:
Muhle R41 (2013)
Palmolive Stick
IMG_20180228_101155.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings

Wednesday 28th February 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: L'Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée

I am hugely impressed with the silky smoothness of this blade, very probably the most pleasant face feel of the blades I have tried so far.

Regards
Dick.

28.2.18.JPG

Greetings

Wednesday 28th February 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: L'Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée

I am hugely impressed with the silky smoothness of this blade, very probably the most pleasant face feel of the blades I have tried so far.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 33661
Hi @Norfolkdick . Thanks for posting your thoughts on the different blades you've been using with the R41, really interesting.
I've noticed that too with the Voskhod but in the Fatip piccolo - very smooth. It's the only blade I use with it now. Oddly, it doesn't have the same feel in less aggressive razors(for me anyway).

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor: ATT SE1 Kronos
Blade: Schick Proline P-30
EdT: GFT Spanish Leather

As Martin Tyler would say - "A screamer!" (in the best possible way). First shave with the newly arrived ATT SE1. Super efficient - I was almost done after 2 passes, and BBS after 3.
I have been using mild razors for the last fortnight (AS-D2 and ATT S1), so despite my best efforts, I probably applied a little more pressure than required. However, only very mild skin feel, and a blissful post shave.
Brought out the P&B Spitfire to honour @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau 's second anniversary. Lovely lather; great performance and scent. The GFT Spanish Leather fragrance, juxtaposed with the P&B Spitfire soap scent, provided a fascinating contrast of the dirty leather of the latter against the pristine cleanliness of the former.

Back
Top Bottom