SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

SOTD: 270218
View attachment 33647

Blade: Proline #1
Razor: General Aluminium Head with ATT SS Atlas Handle.
Bruh: Razorock 400 Aluminium Handle with TGN 2band Finest Bulb Knot
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Cologne: D R Harris Arlington

When I used the Brass General on a pass around I had mixed feelings with the weight of the razor but I loved the shave it gave me so I have configured the alu head with the SS handle and I have just had a wonderful 3 pass BBS shave with it. Teamed up with the best blade out there "Proline" YMMV, it was so smooth and effortless. By using the weight of the handle and the head just touching my skin I am irritation free.

A big thank you must go out to @Acer89 who replaced my synth knot for a TGN 2band. These are amazing knots. With only my first use it has lovely soft tips, great backbone and a tremendous amount of flow through.
I am pleased to also report not a single hair was lost. Outstanding job James. :)

S.V. Soaps are up there with my favourites along with the BBA Balm.

Finished with a refreshing splash of cologne.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
Lovely picture Sir.

Soap: Gilchrist and Soames
Brush: None
Razor: Gillette Sensor disposable (#3)

Travelling for work, so slumming it with a disposable cartridge. Appalled to discover that it was shaving really well with a single pass, I'm gratified to see some irritation and areas needing a re-touch today. I'm already invested in DE shaving (mainly emotionally), so having no problems with this razor would not have made me happy :)

Travelling for work, so slumming it with a disposable cartridge. Appalled to discover that it was shaving really well with a single pass, I'm gratified to see some irritation and areas needing a re-touch today. I'm already invested in DE shaving (mainly emotionally), so having no problems with this razor would not have made me happy :)

I use disposables when on holiday. They seem to give a close shave, but next day you may notice your skin has more beard .

S.O.T.D 27 Feb 18:
004c146b0d17132c07a87b047834d601.jpg

[emoji843]Catie's Bubbles - Ocean Grove[emoji843]APShaveCo SilkSmoke Synthetic/ZY Grey resin handle [emoji843]Gillette Red Tip SS, D2 [emoji843]Gillette Platinum (1)[emoji843]Wickham's 1912 - Magnum Post Shave Balm

First use of the SilkSmoke Knot paired with a ZY handle purchased from the Bay. Loaded straight from the puck for a face lather, this proved to be a great performing dense knot, nice soft tips with a firm backbone with lots of flow-through. The Ocean Grove soap released a fantastic combination of scents, another great performing soap. Finished off with Wickham's Magnum post shave balm which complemented the floral notes of the soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
20180227_205959-02-jpeg.25609

Razor: ATT S2
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Cream: Truefitt and Hill Grafton

Would you consider the "Fine American Blend" a good match up with the Grafton Rob?

I have not had the fortune to try the Fine AB but would think of ordering some on your recommendation.

I love the Grafton along with the 1805 which I think works in harmony by the way with Issey Myake L'eau D'Issey.

As always I appreciate your thoughts. :)

Would you consider the "Fine American Blend" a good match up with the Grafton Rob?

I have not had the fortune to try the Fine AB but would think of ordering some on your recommendation.

I love the Grafton along with the 1805 which I think works in harmony by the way with Issey Myake L'eau D'Issey.

As always I appreciate your thoughts. :)

Hi Wayne,
I wouldn't say AB is a match but it compliments it nicely.
I bought AB blind but as soon as I tried it, it was a scent I was very familiar with. If you know YSL Rive Gauche, it's a dead ringer for it. I think Noxzema shaving cream has the same scent. Also CaD by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements has the same scent.

Fine aftershaves are excellent and American Blend is the longest lasting scent of the ones I've used. On me anyway.

Like yourself I love the Grafton scent but yet to come across an EDT to match. I was tempted to buy the matching cologne but I've read the performance is poor.

Hope that helps?

Laters
Rob

Last edited:
Hi Wayne,
I wouldn't say AB is a match but it compliments it nicely.
I bought AB blind but as soon as I tried it, it was a scent I was very familiar with. If you know YSL Rive Gauche, it's a dead ringer for it. I think Noxzema shaving cream has the same scent. Also CaD by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements has the same scent.

Fine aftershaves are excellent and American Blend is the longest lasting scent of the ones I've used. On me anyway.

Like you I love the Grafton scent but yet to come across an EDT to match. I was tempted to buy the matching cologne but I've read the performance is poor.

Hope that helps?

Laters
Rob
Thank you for your reply Rob, very helpful indeed.

I think I will indulge in American Blend as I like the sound of it very much.

Cheers,
Wayne.

Wednesday 28th February

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
MWF Soap
Semogue SOC Boar Brush in Ash
PAA Bakelite OC Slant with a Rapira SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Murray & Lanman Florida Water

The cold weather prompted the use of the MWF and my buttermix for maximum protection. The Rapira blade is not the sharpest...but a little buffing on my neck gave the desired result.

A wonderfully smooth shave today:)

Back
Top Bottom