Monday 26th February

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Supermax 3 Classic Cream
Yaqi Chubby Synthetic Brush
Ming Shi 2000S with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Lacura Duo-Lift Moisturiser
Benjamins Florida Water

Well this has been an interesting shave! Was on night duty last night, and when I eventually got out of bed I only felt like a 'maintenance shave'.
Supermax to me smells like Wars shaving cream.... I love that smell
Treet Tez blades leave a feeling like a straight shave. (for me)
Combined the two with a cheap Ming Shi.....and bu**er it.....I probably had my best shave of the year.

3 Passes for a brilliant shave:)

This is only my second shave the the Rocnel Gem but so far I am impressed by its efficiency. I do find it has a lot of blade feel. Provided I use a light touch the shaves have been very good and exceptionally close.

@Blademonkey kindly sent me part of a hone stone with the tip that I round off the corners of the GEM blade, before loading the Rocnel. I must say, excellent advice as I was getting some scratches, some deep, when initially using the Rocnel. With Paul's kind help, rounding off the GEM edges has solved that problem. Without that, I would have probably binned the Rocnel GEM. Its a shame the Rocnel GEM does not have a slightly wider head so that blade expposure without bladestops does not become an issue.

That said, I love the Rocnel GEM - a very fine razor, with the said adjustments. As ever YMMV :)

@Blademonkey kindly sent me part of a hone stone with the tip that I round off the corners of the GEM blade, before loading the Rocnel. I must say, excellent advice as I was getting some scratches, some deep, when initially using the Rocnel. With Paul's kind help, rounding off the GEM edges has solved that problem. Without that, I would have probably binned the Rocnel GEM. Its a shame the Rocnel GEM does not have a slightly wider head so that blade expposure without bladestops does not become an issue.

That said, I love the Rocnel GEM - a very fine razor, with the said adjustments. As ever YMMV :)

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try as well. Making the head just 1-2mm wider would have solved the issue entirely.

Date: 27 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 6x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

d1af2e9063e36fc611fee7e5321bb973.jpg

Gartbnx....

SOTD: 27th February 2018.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Bodyshop ~ Maca Root Shaving Cream.

Blade: Lord Platinum Class.(1)

Razor: Gillette Slimtwist.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots~ Moisturising Lotion.

Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

Ard Al Zaafaran~ Pure Oudi, EDP.

Greetings,

Another early start for me this morning,the weather forecast has said it's going to be snow showers with a bitting cold wind in the N.E.
UK today, it sound's like my production manager at work..his full of cold wind, and always bitting at the work force!

It's been a considerbly long time since i last used the bodyshop maca root cream, it's such a good performing cream, creating a creamy slick protective lather in no time.

My vintage gillette slimtwist,as always performed with excellence,and paired up really well with the Lord Platinum Class blade.

A superb 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave, with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum,& a few liberal dabs of Ard Al Zaafaran~ Pure Oudi, to the pulse points...The Pure Oudi is a wonderful fragrance.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

I'm now set for what this cold winter morning has to offer.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday

Phoenix and Beau Whitechapel
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Schick Injector G8
Schick Proline B
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
BBA Balm

Nice, no fuss shave this morning. Great post shave feel with the Whitechapel and BBA. I hadn't used my G8 in ages and, like my E3, it pairs really well with the Proline blades. I'm supposed to be doing fire training outside this afternoon (weather pending); so I need that protective balm.
95D7992A-B04A-43FF-8955-0BFDBE591A8A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom