SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

I didn't think we were supposed to mention Fight Club.

I know but they published a book about it and made a film? Maybe it was a classic 'black-op?' Disseminate disinformation? Only we know - and I'm not going to say anything more out loud other than look out for an exciting new soap range coming in the Spring. Scents including - Obese Orange and Lardy Lemon - and the signature Chubby Lavender. Ha ha.

But I think you should write a shave review in invented future English. A la ‘Riddley Walker'.

Now there's an idea to conjure with! I'm not sure how accessible it would be? Ha ha - yours - I.

@Blademonkey

I know but they published a book about it and made a film? Maybe it was a classic 'black-op?' Disseminate disinformation? Only we know - and I'm not going to say anything more out loud other than look out for an exciting new soap range coming in the Spring. Scents including - Obese Orange and Lardy Lemon - and the signature Chubby Lavender. Ha ha.

Now there's an idea to conjure with! I'm not sure how accessible it would be? Ha ha - yours - I.

@Blademonkey
Only for the few! :) P.

27th November 2017

Charcoal Soap
Wild West Shaving Co 'Bonnie & Clyde' Shaving Soap
Fragrance: Leather, Campfire & Wild Honey
Vie-Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic
Ever Ready 'Shaving Man' & GEM Stainless (6)
One Pass - WTG

pkI7k6GLEOmCkbiLKQdc8JKLn0Cdi67l48vIX6Uf-8bGIUlsDpq1rV1XrC6AL1U9KyXBCZfz7FOj1PL2fRAu3E_Js0EkJdeMrNl1uWXbhJL6-CgTNJCfoyTb-4HaiSqylOoclER2UGMRfl1ctBXEp-VyXDdVB18lHXMxDPI_EsKYLLgx0C2S1fyBbZecTzq8wtwHgA_KKY1KoAxTAeeT6N4DxYuNZKXXem_QRvnnNL1KW1uX9j1Pe7Zo6V3YbY9zFS1ZN6-FWY7o_FxnEv9nwdMS3LI-9zQwW2evg0M3JB14MrBLESgLd2T9Pkrn6UPa3W6oG6RnJQuuzUOiEGH0JcXM3nyF1d2zvFBxQPwGaU4NkKVfhcYw9nrMqN2kR0b3muNCDHx6QyWDgtUB8X73Wlp19UPXIdxYqjkGTlpiCPxTEo7T0lrVKkOTTnUTyN8UR4ZGqkCIQ4cOhttWhDYk4xT0K3KaUfl9Lv7SIHek7Um3maMuWy5Dyzr7Ezhok_w3qFi-VGzmOpjkm8FNQ0E700ABdkVYBntvTZIdKPhe9iKPzIGxsUDJRg9bVhPRvkAxsEdhy_95O08Je4QpEpaZMkVs8LxIY9zHZ4uLCLrSAsSLsrw23HD-zYpWuEbZ4LO71RzaG23ulewKJmZmeH-ESbPntMOHvsO4JXA=w800

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Pinaud Clubman Vanilla Aftershave Cologne
Pinaud Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic

Cacharel Pour Homme EDT​

Last edited:
Proraso Red pre shave
La Toja stick
RazoRock 400
Ever Ready 1912
Gem (2)
Loreal Post Shave Balm

My second use of the 1912.
I don't think it's really my cup of tea. Nowhere near as smooth as a DE for me, despite using a pre shave. It seems to shave just a little too close for my skin to appreciate.
Two passes, with and against, and the job was done, so I don't doubt it's effectiveness.
The Loreal balm is quite runny, but it smells nice and seems to do an ok job.

Proraso Red pre shave
La Toja stick
RazoRock 400
Ever Ready 1912
Gem (2)
Loreal Post Shave Balm

My second use of the 1912.
I don't think it's really my cup of tea. Nowhere near as smooth as a DE for me, despite using a pre shave. It seems to shave just a little too close for my skin to appreciate.
Two passes, with and against, and the job was done, so I don't doubt it's effectiveness.
The Loreal balm is quite runny, but it smells nice and seems to do an ok job.
Did you use a shim? It's worth a try, it may change the way it feels..... It may not. P.

SOTD: 28th November 2017.
C.Tues (nov 28th).JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077. .

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Derby Lemon Cream .

Blade: Shark~ Super Stainless . (1)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/ Tesco Sensitive Fragrance Free Body Lotion.

Selin~ Lemon Cologne

Greetings,

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.

The 24C/Shark S.S. blade performed with smooth efficiency, as always the Derby lemon Cream provided me with a excellent slick protective lather for the shave.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Turkish Selin Lemon Cologne.

I'm a huge fan of Turkish Lemon Cologne, i've a 1 litre bottle of Duru Lemon Cologne in my shaving den that i haven't even cracked open yet.

Superb stuff!..It doesn't mix very well with vodka though.:D

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Like using part of a dull blade under the cutting blade, Paul?
Sort of, it's the thickness of a blade spine split in two or two Schick blades stuck together with glue (after you have made them blunt) and this is placed under the spine of the blade you are using which raises the back of the blade thus altering the front angle of the cutting edge. Try it, it is certainly worth a go.
:) P

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Razorock XXX
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Voskhod (2nd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Nivea Sensitive Soothing and Michael Kors EDT.

Much better second shave with the Voskhod and still very much like the Razorock XXX scent and overall performance. 3 passes, one issues, opened up yesterday's weeper, but beyond that smoother than Seven of Nine's uniform.

Cheers,

Brian

Back
Top Bottom