SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

4A92FFAA-28C4-4975-A38D-4DE5A33F715E.jpeg
SOTD: 01/03/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 8th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My holy grail shave, Future fiction soap and aftershave/cologne. Everything about the shave was spot on, the soap lather, blade feel and post shave were as expected with CK6 fantastic. The Barts had very little to do on the post shave but was fantastic and the long sought after aftershave was if possible nicer than the soap and possibly a little brighter! It didn’t go made with it but it’s not the strongest PAA splash I have but that may have been me going lightly or the fact it’s an import/export version? Anyway I am more than happy with it so much so I’m going to do the unheard of and use the same soap/splash 2 days in a row!
Have a great day everyone.

Tuesday AM 2022-03-01
First parachute jump from a moving airplane, on this date in 1912, Albert Berry, St. Louis, MO
BPqNJqT.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Wizamet Super Iridium (7)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave

This soap has the richest lavender scent of any soap I have tried. This morning my skin was extremely sensitive for some reason. I could feel that the blade was a bit rough and would nick me if I wasn't careful, even in the smooth razor, and I could feel the strength of the lavender oil in the soap and the aftershave - not a burn, just an awareness. I don't know if it is something biological or perhaps something meteorological, but it happens occasionally.
sxyakkN.jpg

Razor = Vintage Japanese 1968 SHISEIDO MG5
Blade = Vintage Japanese Super Point Stainless
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake Badger
Soap = Pinnacle Grooming Japanese Plum
Splash = A&E Asian Plum
Balm = A&E Unscented Rice Water
AB227E0B-2D66-47D4-B036-C0D02CC02BE5.jpeg
A Bit Of A Japanese Themed Shave Tonight apart from the Brush which is Chinese Obviously.

A brilliant 3 pass shave
This razor is very mild considering most vintage razors i have are a tad more aggressive.
Paired with the Japanese Super Point blade it was a brilliant shave.
The blades came with the razor and also bear the name Shiseido.
I Believe Shiseido is the oldest cosmetic country in the world formed in Tokyo in 1872.
Whether this is true i have no idea & no inclination to google lol.
I have to mention the Soap Japanese Plum
man what a scent absolutely top drawer.
I always like the mixture of old and new and this shave was no different.
Mind you i’m actually surprised at myself using blades that are 60 ish years old
we must all be mad
Onwards & Upwards Lads
Stay Safe

275101438_1038144803748562_123228597103470760_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Speick stick
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

Loving today's setup. Speick and Lord work well together, and the Lidl's first outing confirmed it's as good as the Cien Aqua ASL (and at a brilliant price.) 3 and out for the blade.

SOTD 02-Mar
20220301_103706.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (12)

Good shave this morning, the Chubby seems to be doing a bit better, perhaps the break in period is a bit longer than I'm used to, or perhaps I was being a bit precious though I doubt it being a bit of a masher.

MMOC making short work of the growth as usual, glad I picked one of these up. All finished off with the nice smelling daemon splash, brilliant.

Smooth and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Wed 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
An awesome soap! The intoxicating scent, cooling sensation with thick creamy and slick lather...love it !!
A very nice & enjoyable shave with this razor. After a full pasted balsa progression & buffalo strop, the edge was crisp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mix bbs/dfs result with 1 red spot. I am very pleased with this razor! The aftershaves were terrific for today's weather here...
20220302_150936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom