SOTD Saturday 26th November - Friday 2nd December 2016

You can't love em all, and thus far I find little to recommend El Jefe. Two different handles, three different blades, lots of playing with alignment and I get a very close if not terribly smooth face shave and an awful head shave. Microchatter on the hard cranium that doesn't evidence itself on the beard? I dunno. I may give it one more shot before it goes BST but for me in a world of Hawks and Generals this has no reason to exist . I finished up with the Colonial.

ecacdee4704d285a907df7e1fda27210.jpg

8c96b53dbf6cf0dfe0e54687d1a49090.jpg

SOTD: 11/30/2016 - "Bay RUUUUUMMM!!!"

Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Phoenix Shaving "Bay Rum"
Brush: Semogue Portugal 620 Boar
Razor: Supply Injector

What an EXCELLENT shave today. Short on sleep (end of the month), but this was just the wake up I needed. Enough burn to make me feel alive, but not like I want to die. Very smooth and glad the Injector worked well for me today. The aftershave was PIF'd to me from a friend (thanks, Scott Schmidt!).

Be Smooth and shave it up, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocnel & Permasharp 1/2 (#1 and out);
The Art of Shaving handmade Silvertip, XL;
The Art of Shaving, Sandalwood shaving cream;
Aqua Velva Musk;
The Art of Shaving after shave lotion, 'Unscented'.

MhMg3PR.jpg

Pretty cold here in the quiet north suburbs of Athens, Greece (7 deg C/45 deg. F) and a very nice mild shave which was followed by super-tasty lunch (home made spinach + feta cheese pie).

Lovely Spanakopites!

Rocnel & Permasharp 1/2 (#1 and out);
The Art of Shaving handmade Silvertip, XL;
The Art of Shaving, Sandalwood shaving cream;
Aqua Velva Musk;
The Art of Shaving after shave lotion, 'Unscented'.

MhMg3PR.jpg

Pretty cold here in the quiet north suburbs of Athens, Greece (7 deg C/45 deg. F) and a very nice mild shave which was followed by super-tasty lunch (home made spinach + feta cheese pie).
Athens indeed, that's Peckham and that's bread pudding.

Sat 26th Nov

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire soap
Gillette Fat Boy
Lab Blue [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S lotion

My Third DE Adjustable Shave, this time used a Fat Boy. Had a better pre wash today, and with a good
lather had a much more satisfactory shave than the last time I used it. A moderate setting worked well in most areas, apart from parts of the neck where I perhaps should have dialled t up a bit to get closer finish.
To end the adjustable shaves have already transferred the Blade to a Slim. If I risked going to a 5th blade use, i could always search out the little used Russian Black Beauty clone :):eek:

View attachment 22228
Spitfire and la Toja lovely.

Razor: Gillette Adjustable Fat Boy
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (4)
Brush: Oscar 11 w/ El Druida Manchurian, multi colored handle
Soap: Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Aftershave: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Great way to finish my month with a 3 pass near BBS. I've enjoyed reading everyone's this month and have learned very much from all the participants. Had an excellent month being introduced to three excellent soaps. Two new soaps from Route 66, and a Reef Point Soap.
The Route 66 Cranberry Citrus is an amazing blend of tart cranberries, juicy red grapefruit and sweet orange, with tangy tangerine and lemon-lime. The Route 66 Bay Lime Twist is a delightful synergy of pure East Indian Bay brightened with a generous twist of lime, mingled with ginger and supporting notes of lemon, lily, and grapefruit. Both soaps have a long lasting, slick lather, protective cushion and glide with great soothing post shave conditioning. Both soaps are winners.
The Reef Point Soap Tranquility lavender has long been recognized as a fragrance that helps with relaxation, and together with Peppermint essential oil this soap will provide you with a cool and relaxing shave. A real treat for the senses. This is another great soap. I don't feel the Reef Point Soap is as slick as the Route 66 soaps, but it is very close.
30 11 16.jpg

Great way to finish my month with a 3 pass near BBS. I've enjoyed reading everyone's this month and have learned very much from all the participants. Had an excellent month being introduced to three excellent soaps. Two new soaps from Route 66, and a Reef Point Soap.
The Route 66 Cranberry Citrus is an amazing blend of tart cranberries, juicy red grapefruit and sweet orange, with tangy tangerine and lemon-lime. The Route 66 Bay Lime Twist is a delightful synergy of pure East Indian Bay brightened with a generous twist of lime, mingled with ginger and supporting notes of lemon, lily, and grapefruit. Both soaps have a long lasting, slick lather, protective cushion and glide with great soothing post shave conditioning. Both soaps are winners.
The Reef Point Soap Tranquility lavender has long been recognized as a fragrance that helps with relaxation, and together with Peppermint essential oil this soap will provide you with a cool and relaxing shave. A real treat for the senses. This is another great soap. I don't feel the Reef Point Soap is as slick as the Route 66 soaps, but it is very close.
View attachment 22376
That looks good enough to drink.

View attachment 22376
That aftershave looks interesting.Never seen or heard of that one.

SOTN 30-11-16 Late November
Original Tabac Soap, Aeronautical Aluminum Brush with 26mm Finest Badger Knot, Tanifuji-Kent kamisori, 6/8, After shave, English Leather, EdT original wild pine.
Definitely, I am from Knives and Kamisoris. First pass with the kamisori, and although it was very comfortable the oss Ikon B1 handle with the counterweight Seygus (similar to the length of the handle of the lady Gillette) I gave two passes rinsed and I thought it lazy to be cleaning the soap of the razor. Simple, I returned to take the kamisori and ended up satisfied. Excellent match with AS and EdT.
da4ad6c3ed1bf42aa4e7988a640290f6.jpg

Enviado desde los dominios del lobo...

SOTD: 1st December 2016.
D2TRS..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/Wrights Coal Tar Body Soap/Wingman Jetwash Jetfuel face & hair gel . / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor:Sharpy England.

Blade: Astra Superior Stainless .(1)

Brush: Semogue 1470 .

Soap: Derby + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./ English Leather A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm.

I've been DE shaving for exactly 8 months to the day, and what a great enjoyable experience it has been for me,i'm still learning something after every shave, plus the great postings and comments from TSR members have pushed me in the right direction to achieve some sublime flawless shaves.

Today's shave was a effortless one, the Derby stick for the price is such a brilliant performer..a slick rich protective lather giving me a 3 pass + pick up's silky smooth shave, with no errors to report, i had to do a extra pick up pass in the chin area, because the sharpy england isn't a aggressive razor, but i got there in the end..finishing the shave off with a good splash of English Leather aftershave.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
SOTN 30-11-16 Late November
Original Tabac Soap, Aeronautical Aluminum Brush with 26mm Finest Badger Knot, Tanifuji-Kent kamisori, 6/8, After shave, English Leather, EdT original wild pine.
Definitely, I am from Knives and Kamisoris. First pass with the kamisori, and although it was very comfortable the oss Ikon B1 handle with the counterweight Seygus (similar to the length of the handle of the lady Gillette) I gave two passes rinsed and I thought it lazy to be cleaning the soap of the razor. Simple, I returned to take the kamisori and ended up satisfied. Excellent match with AS and EdT.
da4ad6c3ed1bf42aa4e7988a640290f6.jpg

Enviado desde los dominios del lobo...
+1 on the English Leather..great minds and all that.:)

Back
Top Bottom