SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

5 April

Stirling Campania
PAA The Green Ray
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Stirling Campania balm

B82FDE4F-C35D-45D7-B3E0-6A7EA92A01DB.jpeg
A pleasant Tuesday shave. Great lather, but, only an average, nearly smooth result. I’m not sure where the fault lies, the brush is too soft to lift the stubble, the blade is not a good match with the razor, or just me.

Tue 5th April

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ES Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 4 )
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

The original Claymore is a real heavyweight, and was my first AC/SE Razor. I actually manage to use the weight with a no pressure touch,so get nice Shaves with a decent finish. The grippy Handle helps to keep control of the Razor when working ATG.

FA7585DD-1FDC-452B-A69B-B2C9A9468E53.jpeg

SOTD 3rd Apr

20220403_193140.jpg

SOTD 5th Apr
20220405_124135.jpg
Both shaves were very similar in that the first 2 passes on the 3 dot Ultra Close plate were fine - then on 3rd ATG pass felt rough and both shaves resulted in weepers in the moustache area.
Can't quite put my finger on why - could be blade, the more aggressive plate or my technique? Gonna try again with the 2 dot Comfort plate to see what happens.
However, the finish was near BBS just a rough journey getting there and the lather produced by both soaps were brilliant! Super slick and shiny.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Tuesday AM 2022-04-05
National First Contact Day (date in 2063 when Star Trek's Vulcans first appear at a base near Bozeman, MT)
ERkyB5M.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (8)
Gucci pour Homme aftershave
fdzl05X.jpg

Only in a US English accent does macabre rhyme with job!

However as a line it is right up there with Weird Al Yankovic singing Yoda: "I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed"

I always enjoy your added cartoons Mr Churchill's Wife. Clever nickname too, "cherche la femme". I can't help but wonder whether they still say that in France nowadays with all the PC.

DB7E722F-1593-48DB-8131-60924AEFD86A.jpeg
SOTD: 05/04/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Willy’s Blade, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1 Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Razor = El Fantasma Naranja By PAA
Blade = Gillette Super Thin
Brush = Yaqi Ferrari 26mm Cashmere
Cream = Cella Bakewell Tart :ROFLMAO:
with matching aftershave & balm

D6656A66-A0DF-49E4-BE4F-CEFA129C7421.jpeg
Well Lads i don’t think you’ll get a colour coded shave like this lol or as TobyC would call it a
CCS lol brilliant.
Anyway the shave was ok, The scent of the splash & balm are far better than the soap.
I’ll glad i’m not walking along smelling like a fairy cake,
Hello Sailor ;).
Truthfully the shave was good ( not great ) just good.
Why iv bought what iv bought recently only god knows.
I decided i needed Cella in my life after trying them both i now realise i don’t need it at all.
Don’t get me wrong i’ll stick it in a rotation & use it but the risidul slickness i’m used to us pretty much non existent in these creams.
Never mind there damage is done the money is away :cry::cry:
Never Mind my last shave in the uk for a couple of months i’m away to Norway in the morning, for 6-8 weeks or sooner, it’s my choice really so might cut it short.
This is the first iv sat down today i’m have mega passport & Visa issues over the last few days.
The Passport office cancelled my perfectly good passport with 7 years left by accident.
Anyway all good now so Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Wed 6 SOTD with both of my favorite beverages!
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 'Fine India Steel' Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
This...is an amazingly awesome smelling soap! Rarely used as I only have little but the aromatic scent filling the bathroom is just beautiful. The lather qualities are good creamy and slick for sure...
I just can't wait to shave with this excellent antique razor & thus managed to get in a brief 2.5 passes on a workday rush. The edge feels so good...smooth comfortable & keen. Happy with the dfs/ccs result & a micro red spot.
The aftershave top-off a great session with a lasting and lovely scent!
20220406_095850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom