SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

SOTD 06-Apr
20220404_145642.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: PAA Et Tu
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (2)

Been a while since I got this out of storage, did a change over for couple of less used soaps. Nothing for me to say on the soap really, I like PAAs CK6 and the brut homage is nice and strong. I did forget how good the star jelly is, as the name suggests it has a jelly like consistency but luckily still absorbs quickly. May consider one or two of these in the future over the AS.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Wonderfully smooth and

277715425_667348354532809_6638001800590111797_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Bond Retro Style Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (3)

Nice straightforward shave. Treet performing well still, but I'll probably swap out rather than risk tainting it. This scent is a decent daily workhorse, and the Bond's performance is beyond reproach.

06/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

Wk 14  (6).JPG
A simply wonderful shave, i really enjoy an injector blade in the Micromatic, 2 passes WTG & ATG with some touch up here and there for a smooth, comfortable, BBS finish.
The Cussons Vintage cream whipped up a wonderful lather with an old school soapy scent, all in all very enjoyable shave.
I cannot believe i contemplated moving this on due to not getting used, anyway.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

06/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

View attachment 86547
A simply wonderful shave, i really enjoy an injector blade in the Micromatic, 2 passes WTG & ATG with some touch up here and there for a smooth, comfortable, BBS finish.
The Cussons Vintage cream whipped up a wonderful lather with an old school soapy scent, all in all very enjoyable shave.
I cannot believe i contemplated moving this on due to not getting used, anyway.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Tony....how is the blade retained in place?

Wednesday
Random soap selection seems a little better today. TOBS sandalwood stick. It wasn't too bad, it's the first time I've used it as I did get it for travel, but travelling in my car means I can take anything. This would suffice if I travel to Greece later in the year first work.

The InjRzr really does need to be dialled up, 5 & 5 for both passes this morning. I'm hoping the Schick L that I ordered off the bay for £9 cleans up ok so I can compare the two.

Still a very nice shave

Attachments

• IMG_20220406_085719__01.jpg
    IMG_20220406_085719__01.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 4
Morning Brian,
I line the blade up against the front blade stops ensuring it is centred, you do not want any overhang. Carefully screw down the top cap which clamps the blade into place. Check it again and off you go.
Hope this helps,
T
Works a Treat, I have used an Injector Blade in a Micromatic. Originally when there was talk about Gem blades being discontinued. Have not tried it with more modern Ones.

Seems logical enough.....I just wondered if you did anything else. Hae you tried any other models ....or just the MM?
I suppose it could work on a spring set top cap GEM/Ever Ready, although you would not have the control of the screw down top cap, leaving much more room for blade positioning error and a bacon slicer for a razor ;).
I may have a go just to see if it can be done!
T
Update
Brian @culcreuch, i have just tried with the ER HFT, a couple of light taps of the razor on the palm dislodged the blade, the MM actually "clamps" the blade into position whereas the sprung caps just hold the blade without any real pressure.
T

Last edited:
556CF420-A402-4FF4-ABF9-A89BEDAE9E63.jpeg
SOTD: 06/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor 5(v) plate.
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Straight off the bat I’ll say this was a great first shave with the Mars. It’s hard to describe just how different this is to most other razors I have used but I’ll give it a go! It’s incredibly light and agile, very similar to a Leaf Twig in that way but more so. It’s as light as a standard cartridge or disposal razor but feels much better in the hand. I decided as advised to use plate 5(V) and found this fairly efficient but I’ll definitely need a higher level tomorrow. BBS on the face and jawline and DFS on the neck without breaking a sweat. When I saw Rob’s videos where he swings it round his face at break neck speed I thought this showmanship or an odd shaving style but sure enough it’s so easy to use and intuitive by the third pass there I was zipping it around my face. My first pass was ok as I got used to the angle of attack, but it just got better with each pass, in fact it’s one of the best razors I’ve used on the final pass. It was very good on the jawline and upper lip, plus with more use under the nose should be a breeze there too. I think like the Twig it will become my go to razor when in a rush but still in need of a good shave. I also think it would be hard pressed to nick yourself with this, the way the heads designed and blade almost feels protected but not at the expense of efficiency. It was a real surprise and for what I paid via the kickstarter pledge a bargain. I can’t wait to try a higher setting and wish I’d bought the ac head too but that can be added at a later date. Overall a congratulations to Rob/Mars for a razor that genuinely seems to be bringing something new to the world of shaving.

View attachment 86551
SOTD: 06/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor 5(v) plate.
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Straight off the bat I’ll say this was a great first shave with the Mars. It’s hard to describe just how different this is to most other razors I have used but I’ll give it a go! It’s incredibly light and agile, very similar to a Leaf Twig in that way but more so. It’s as light as a standard cartridge or disposal razor but feels much better in the hand. I decided as advised to use plate 5(V) and found this fairly efficient but I’ll definitely need a higher level tomorrow. BBS on the face and jawline and DFS on the neck without breaking a sweat. When I saw Rob’s videos where he swings it round his face at break neck speed I thought this showmanship or an odd shaving style but sure enough it’s so easy to use and intuitive by the third pass there I was zipping it around my face. My first pass was ok as I got used to the angle of attack, but it just got better with each pass, in fact it’s one of the best razors I’ve used on the final pass. It was very good on the jawline and upper lip, plus with more use under the nose should be a breeze there too. I think like the Twig it will become my go to razor when in a rush but still in need of a good shave. I also think it would be hard pressed to nick yourself with this, the way the heads designed and blade almost feels protected but not at the expense of efficiency. It was a real surprise and for what I paid via the kickstarter pledge a bargain. I can’t wait to try a higher setting and wish I’d bought the ac head too but that can be added at a later date. Overall a congratulations to Rob/Mars for a razor that genuinely seems to be bringing something new to the world of shaving.
I tried this morning for the first time the unscented cube pre shave and the atomic bay rum . Wow these soaps are really something else ...very protective and with an excellent post shave

Back
Top Bottom