SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

Tue 5 SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable 1st Version
Blade Astra Superior Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Witchhazel & Splash...
Wonderful soap! Lovely scent and a thick creamy and slick lather...
A superb shave with this excellent heavy razor paired with the excellent blade at setting 4-3-3. Very smooth, comfortable & efficient in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish. The matching aftershaves were fantastic for the hot and humid day.
20220405_084845.jpg

SOTD : 5th April 2022.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower : Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade : Derby Premium. (D3)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

An invigorating early morning cold water shave.

It's been a while since i last used the Omega shaving cream and forgot how easy it is to create a slick protective lather...The kick from the Floid & Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB gives my face sensors a vibrant wake up call!

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly this morning resulting in a enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

The baili BD177 (super-speed clone) is an incredibly good razor each and every shave that I've had with it has been consistently comfortable and good. Today yet again no exception.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & cool. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Tuesday 5th April
Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #4 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
k7NED8G.jpg

277542335_1367497000388901_3814753560511473421_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)

Another shave at the sweeter end of the cabinet. Where has the Treet been during my learning curve? I'm wondering if I filed it with Sharks and Zorriks to be left alone! Any way quality was superb, and I'll happily add them to my roster.

Last edited:
Tuesday 5th April

Boti 23mmBoar - Antica Barberia Block - FaTip Lo Storto OC/Treet Platinum - Acqua di Parma Colonia

Normally I would retire a blade after 3 shaves but these Treets are just so smooth I think I will continue just until performance starts to drop off.
3 passes for a truly excellent result

qeXCCgT.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger;
Cream: Geo.F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-84 (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, D.R. Harris Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo.F. Trumper Spanish Leather Edt

All the planets aligned for a super smooth and close shave - probably the best I've had this year so far.

For the last few days have used my Gillette flare-tip (Z3) with a super blue blade. Started it's journey as a finish pass to my shavette attempt on Sunday.

I have randomly selected my soaps using Excel's "randbetween" function and having my soaps numbered in the spreadsheet. Turns out that Stirling executive man and Ramblin' man got picked for consecutive days. Who knew random was how my brain might have chosen them too!

Anyhoo, super shaves are a good start to the day.

Enjoy your day folks

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_100442__01.jpg
    IMG_20220404_100442__01.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220405_094529__01.jpg
    IMG_20220405_094529__01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
SOTD 05-Apr
20220330_103234.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Era SB Level 5
Blade: GSB (1)

Going to make a start cycling through some of my less loved brushes, I may have to start being ruthless as I'm running out of shelf space.

First up the Longtown V11. I forget that it's a nice little brush, less splay and a little more backbone than any of my other C&H's. The V11 is less gelled than the newer V14, though none of them are the horrible slimy efforts you can sometimes encounter, or at least not from my experience.

Good finish with the Era again, definitely prefer the SB to the OC. I haven't tried that many modern OC razors but those I have tried I don't tend to get on with. Something to keep in mind really the blackland tradere OC when they restock, hard pass I think!

Hope everyone has a cracking day

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom