SOTD Saturday 2nd December 2017 - Friday 8th December 2017

I used to find that using a facial scrub as prep caused me a fair bit of irritation. I suppose it makes sense; shaving's an exfoliant too. By dropping the scrub and using a good face wash, it helped. Maybe give that a try? I know that for some, the scrub can help ‘lift' the hair. Mileage and all that.

I also cold rinse my razor and my face between passes and at the final rinse. All this has reduced my irritation to virtually zero; providing normal care is exercised.
Tried a few different washes, finished off my Lucky Tiger wash and Rehab scrub. Did not make too much difference really.

Any recommendations for a face wash?

I might try the cold rinse between passes. I give a cold splash at the end already.

I used to have terrible issues with my skin and acne, I had to go to a dermatologist and was on all sorts of medication. Best thing I ever used was Ketsugo Gel, but it has been discontinued a while ago. The stuff was magic though, better than anything I was able to get on prescription. Recently though my skin has been having issues which is what prompted my to try DE razors.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Tried a few different washes, finished off my Lucky Tiger wash and Rehab scrub. Did not make too much difference really.

I might try the cold rinse between passes. I give a cold splash at the end already.

I used to have terrible issues with my skin and acne, I had to go to a dermatologist and was on all sorts of medication. Best thing I ever used was Ketsugo Gel, but it has been discontinued a while ago. The stuff was magic though, better than anything I was able to get on prescription. Recently though my skin has been having issues which is what prompted my to try DE razors.

Sorry to hear of your dermatological probs. I use Bulldog face wash; but Baxter's of California is good too.

Razor: Timeless Smooth Cap w/ Barber Pole 85mm
Blade: Feather Platinum Coated (2)
Brush: Elite Razor Tres Amigos Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Envy White
Soap: Gillette Menthol Cream
A/S: Fine Platinum
Bowl: Timeless

Excellent 3 pass shave tonight with a mild touch up for a BBS. This brush is amazing, the Timeless razor and handle make shaving a pleasure.

2 12 17.jpg

BCoOa3Fh.jpg

I'm Back!! Did you miss me?!
I normally go missing from time to time flash we all need time out. I did miss your great shave and fragrance pics though.

I usually use Nivea body wash while in the the bath. It's a good cleanser for the face removing excess oils, I too suffered with acne in my teens and twenties and my skin still produces excess oil.
In those days the Dr advised Witch Hazel and a cream by the name of Retin A. Jesus, did it sting !
Didn't help much if at all as I recall

I sometimes face wash with a bar of Wright's Coal Tar or Pears Soap before my shave. They're both pretty good cleansers.
I would veer away from scrubs given your sensitive skin.

Sunday 3rd December

Mancave Olivestone Facial Scrub and Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Meissner Black Beer No1 Paste
Yaqi Mysterious Space 24mm Silvertip Brsh
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style) with a Proline-P
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brut Musk AS
Two and a bit passes for a superb BBS shave:)

The weekend of fun continues. Leaving soon for Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets in concert at The Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff:D

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sunday 3rd December

Mancave Olivestone Facial Scrub and Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Meissner Black Beer No1 Paste
Yaqi Mysterious Space 24mm Silvertip Brsh
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style) with a Proline-P
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brut Musk AS
Two and a bit passes for a superb BBS shave:)

The weekend of fun continues. Leaving soon for Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets in concert at The Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff:D

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Enjoy your day out in Cardiff P.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern
Razor: ER 1912, Tuckaway handle
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20171203_092820.jpg

Thanks to Mike (@mpf9ret) gifting me a couple of grub screws, I was able to try the 1912 with a Tuckaway handle.
The balance and weight were good, and a very relaxing, Sunday morning shave was had.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 3rd December Sunday

Prep ~ Shower, Wright's Traditional soap
Razor ~ Schick E2 1935-1945
Blade ~ Schick Proline B20
Soap ~ PAA ~ Dirt ( pass-around ) Third use.
Brush ~ Simpsons ~ Wee Scot
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Christian Dior - Oud Ispahan

A great shave with the E2 paired with a Proline blade, close and comfortable without irritation. Loving this soap, tis a shame it's unavailable now to purchase. ( unless you know different )
Finnished with BBA PSB followed by an application of the very lovely Oud Ispahan . A perfect Sunday shave :) P.

Wishing you all a relaxing day.....:)

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern
Razor: ER 1912, Tuckaway handle
Blade: Gem SS
View attachment 31383

Thanks to Mike (@mpf9ret) gifting me a couple of grub screws, I was able to try the 1912 with a Tuckaway handle.
The balance and weight were good, and a very relaxing, Sunday morning shave was had.
Your 1912 looks good with the tuckaway handle, a little extra girth and heft. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom