SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

Thu 8
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Epic lather from the soap. Thickly creamy and slick with a pleasant scent augmented by the matching splash
Good shave with this razor. Soft and comfortable La Lune edge but need to improve on the keenness. Enjoyable 3 passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221208_111555.jpg

SOTD: 8th December 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The RSCO Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless.
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Attraction Totale ASL. / Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A superb comfortable shave from the Merkur 34C & Super-Max SS to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

Both the Indian made GWS (Saloon Pack) & Super-Max SS have performed wonderfully throughout the week. If i were to choose which was the better blade it would be the Vidyut Super-Max SS as it has a good equal match of being sharp & smooth.

The WS (Saloon Pack) however, is also a winner with it's smoothness. Both blades i will revisit in future shaves.

As always, blade opinions/reviews are the most subjective of all traditional wet shaving topics. YMMV.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Why hello there fellow shavateers. And I return with a shave themed, 'Absence makes the bristles grow longer'

'Be gone Satan. The Shaving world is better without you'

20221207_135823.jpg

Bristle bits - Stainless Mongoose
Sharp bits - Feather Super Professional
Hairy bits - Zenith dark synthetic
Creamy bits - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Wet bits - Botanics moisturiser
Bastard bits - Me

After 36 hours of having one of the longest pulls I've had for some years I am happy to be back in the land of the living, the livid, and the part-time dead. No Internet for two days? How truly wonderful.

20221206_213700.jpg

'Pull me, pull me, pull me'

Anyway, a first shave for a few days and how damn fine could it ever be? It is nearing time for my SOTY awards and is the Mongoose a possible contender for Razor of the year? Very much near the top of the list.

What a damn fine razor it truly is. It has a big fan club for hating the thing, but the world does need doomsayers so as to keep the miserable, miserable, so that we can have the fun being happy.

A furry faced reduced to being so smooth the old ladies are queueing up to kiss me on the cheek. My wife learnt the truth behind me a long time ago and simply says 'queue for what?'

Another great turn out for the Signature Soaps and the Zenith. Didn't I see someone bad pressing the Zenith recently? Heathen. Be gone.

A most welcome shave with even more welcome results. Isn't shaving just brilliant?

Nearly as brilliant as Japanese girly rock bands. Go go Yoshi. It just has to be Aldious

First shave with Martin de Candre original
Rex ambassador 3-2-2
Gillette 7 o'clock permasharp stainless
Yaqui sagrada
Witch hazel
Extrocosmesi Arzachena EDT-Aftershave

I bought the MDC at discounted price for the Black Friday... wow. It's just an incredible soap, I have the feeling that I am not going to use anything else, and by the way the 200 g jar will last long I guess.

Extrocosmesi Arzachena EDT-Aftershave is a bit overwhelming... needs to be shaken before use, in fact is an emulsion of oils. but smells wonderful

Have a great day!

SOTD: 08/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Professional, 4th use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Decided on Spitfire today as I have a meeting tonight in an old style gentleman's club and it sort of fits the theme.

I'm still struggling to get the angle with the vector. A couple of weepers because of that but it's only shave four. I'm also changing the blade early to see if a less keen blade than the feather pro makes any difference.

A3C6B0CB-8228-4AEA-916A-E1776D55F4F6.jpeg

Why hello there fellow shavateers. And I return with a shave themed, 'Absence makes the bristles grow longer'

'Be gone Satan. The Shaving world is better without you'

View attachment 97227

Bristle bits - Stainless Mongoose
Sharp bits - Feather Super Professional
Hairy bits - Zenith dark synthetic
Creamy bits - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Wet bits - Botanics moisturiser
Bastard bits - Me

After 36 hours of having one of the longest pulls I've had for some years I am happy to be back in the land of the living, the livid, and the part-time dead. No Internet for two days? How truly wonderful.

View attachment 97229

'Pull me, pull me, pull me'

Anyway, a first shave for a few days and how damn fine could it ever be? It is nearing time for my SOTY awards and is the Mongoose a possible contender for Razor of the year? Very much near the top of the list.

What a damn fine razor it truly is. It has a big fan club for hating the thing, but the world does need doomsayers so as to keep the miserable, miserable, so that we can have the fun being happy.

A furry faced reduced to being so smooth the old ladies are queueing up to kiss me on the cheek. My wife learnt the truth behind me a long time ago and simply says 'queue for what?'

Another great turn out for the Signature Soaps and the Zenith. Didn't I see someone bad pressing the Zenith recently? Heathen. Be gone.

A most welcome shave with even more welcome results. Isn't shaving just brilliant?

Nearly as brilliant as Japanese girly rock bands. Go go Yoshi. It just has to be Aldious

Looks like a giant ship to pull for such a long time! Had it run out of fuel?

Thur 8th December

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Williams Mug soap
Ever Ready 1924
Gemma S/S ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Many think that the ER 1924 is overly aggressive, but I find that used with care and no rush it delivers a good Shave. Today loaded with a fresh blade, it worked extremely well with the Williams and without any hassle I got a Top Notch close all round finish.

8129F19A-82D8-4F9C-93EB-44F5CEC2732A.jpeg

8 December

It’s Broad Arrow theme today, todays razor and brush display the broad arrow symbol (pointing upwards) which was widely used for centuries to mark British government property. Clearly not everything always found it’s way back to the quartermaster stores ;)
The razor, blade, brush and soap combo worked well and one pass wtg with light pick up essentially did the job.

Soap, TFS Arancio Amaro enriched with almond.
Razor, 1944 aluminium open comb WD issue
Brush, 1940 Kent bristle WD issue
Blade, Gillette silver blue

Post, gillette moisturiser and Eau Sauvage balm.
Have a great day fellas

0BD81D46-EDA1-4232-8BA6-0160DD52EB34.jpeg

08/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 49 (6).JPG