SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

View attachment 32272 ~SOTD~ Friday 5th Jan 08

Prep ~ Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1924 Fat Handle (shim fitted)
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Tabac
Brush ~ Omega 011829 boar
Post ~ Tabac Aftershave
Scent ~ Tabac EDC

My sixth Gem bladed shave in a row and very good it was too.
All the Tabac products worked wonderfully and I was left clean shaven and smelling great :)

Have a great day people.......:)
Loving the Tabac soap bowl

SOTD 20180105.

czKAAp7.jpg

Yaqi model R1605-S.
Eufros "Zaldun".
Colonial Razors "The General".
Kai Titan Mild (8).
Floïd Black.

Wonderful scent, this soap - ylang-ylang, patchouli, orange and a beautiful lather.
Great razor.
Very nice (DFS++) shave. ;)

Fri 5th January.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Lea Classic Soap
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Today I used my "Blingy" Mongoose which was a bit of an impulse buy as I already had the Satin Version. I must say that during operation it moves so smoothly, and perhaps that presents me with a problem. I found that in the latter stages of a Shave, the Razor had a tendency to glide across the surface a bit too easily, rather than removing the finer whisker growth.

I make this personal observation based on how my face felt at the end of the Shave. I know a lot of folk like the polished versions of Razors because it is felt that it makes a Shave smoother, but for me it seems to affect the closeness of the Shave.

IMG_0491.jpg

4/1/18

Soap - Pre de Provence
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 26mm
Razor - DE89
Blade - Tian Li Super Blue (4)
Post - RSC Balm
AS - Ayup Sabri Tobacco

Tian Li SB - for the first three shaves, it'd really tug for the first pass, and with the third pass there'd be a lot of audio feedback (more so than other blades) and it'd result in a very close shave. On the 4th shave, there has been a slight decline in sharpness but the tugging is go and the blade is the smoothest it has been so far.

10ciuqq.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Merkur Mergress
Mem Super Silver Platinum (1)
Stirling Soaps Ozark Mountain
Alum Block, Myrsol Emulsion & Brut

A very nice shave again today, have enjoyed the Mergress so far. A new (to me) blade and an interesting one, not as smooth or sharp as I am used to but not a butterknife either. Decent blade that I am happy to try but I don't think I would be in a hurry to buy a tuck of them. Below average in my opinion but a step or two above those shitty Chinese Gillettes I tried earlier in the week.

On a lighter note, all my orders at the tail end of 2017 have arrived, so far so good for my 2018 embargo :D

Shave of the day :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Colonial Razors - The General SS.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 2).
Soap - Jack Black Supreme Cream Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

05-01-18.jpg

A much better shave today with The General SS :) No cuts! However, some redness on the neck, from the second pass - nothing to write home about, but in the fairness of full disclosure.

I feel for me, and I appreciate that YMMV, that The General SS, has a slight learning curve, compared with The General Black. I don't know if its the increased weight of the SS?

I have absolutely no complaints, I am very pleased with The General SS.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom