SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on fendi absolute, what's it like Dick?
Greetings

Oud more oud and some Tonka, personally I don't detect any of the other notes in there, the oud is dominant throughout, but the tonka does come through. I like it a lot and get about six hours from it, which is the oud, by then the tonka has long departed, the sillage is not huge. It is a super bargain at the moment, look on all beauty if you have not already done so.
Regards
Dick.

Greetings

Oud more oud and some Tonka, personally I don't detect any of the other notes in there, the oud is dominant throughout, but the tonka does come through. I like it a lot and get about six hours from it, which is the oud, by then the tonka has long departed, the sillage is not huge. It is a super bargain at the moment, look on all beauty if you have not already done so.
Regards
Dick.
Many thanks Dick.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: faena Dorica
Razor: ER 1912/Merkur 42
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180105_152656.jpg

I thought I'd try a slightly longer handle on the ER, but being hollow it's also 17g lighter. The 1912 took the change in it's stride and did what it always does - removed the whiskers smoothly.
It's the first time I've tried a faena soap (thanks @windows95 for the quick dispatch and samples :)), and considering it's got tallow and lanolin it's just above average imo. Although, trying to follow yesterdays Tabac may have impaired my judgement.
Also, all faena products have an underlying scent, not unpleasant, just a bit disconcerting, which I can't put my finger on. The wonderful smell of Pitralon soon rectified this.
All in all, a pretty good end to not a great week.

27744283069_2248601298_z.jpg

I've used these same products every day for the past week, which is rare for me... They're all just so damn good. The Gibbs head design is genius, Plisson pure grade is actually better than many silvertip brushes and Pre de Provence? Superb performance with a scent that's really grown on me.

Greetings

Regards
Dick.

I have this fragrance too Brendan

Dick's description is spot on
I get more or less 8 hours from it,

As Dick says, Allbeauty is the cheapest, it's where I bought mine some about four months ago.
If your Mrs is feeling left out, they do it in 'his and hers' !

27744283069_2248601298_z.jpg

I've used these same products every day for the past week, which is rare for me... They're all just so damn good. The Gibbs head design is genius, Plisson pure grade is actually better than many silvertip brushes and Pre de Provence? Superb performance with a scent that's really grown on me.

Great to read the Pre de Provence has grown on you. :)I love the look of the Gibbs, very cool.:cool:

Last edited:
Great to read the Pre de Provence has grown on you. :)I love the love of the Gibbs, very cool.:cool:

It has, and the scent or my perception of it has changed with the past 2 uses. Its still similar to Windsor but maybe sweeter? I recall Windsor having a stronger bitter orange scent to it.

The Gibbs is an oddity but well worth seeking out, in fact I look on eBay.fr every day now :D

Back
Top Bottom