SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

SOTD: 31st December 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) (Face) - Gillette 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58 (Head/Dome) - Schick Japanese Twin. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./ Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

(New Year's Eve Face & Head Shave.)

Last shave of 2022.

The most memorable wet shaving highlight of 2022 for me was been introduced to Injector razors.

I was kindly gifted a Schick Type G Injector to me by a friend from another shaving forum along with a fresh magazine of Personna PTFE SS injector blades.

My first impression and appearance of the Schick injector was the I really liked the design and the feel of the razor.

After my first shave i was instantly swooned by them and added the Parker InjRzr, Supply V2 my first and only fully stainless steel razor the Build & quality standard of the Supply is the best razor i have purchased to date.

The last and firm favourite is the Schick I1 Injector which was kindly gifted to me by @Digimonkey thanks Iain, fitted with a fresh Japanese Schick Twin Injector blade, it's magazine containing a few extra blades, along with a tube of LEA classic shaving cream and last but not least a vintage Parakeet from Caracas Postcard.

The Schick I1 Injector paired together with a fresh Schick S/S Twin blade was a sheer pleasurable experience slicing through 7 days worth of head stubble with effortless ease.

The Schick Twin blades are expensive but the longevity efficiency, and smooth comfortable performance they provide is absolutely superb and the cost of them is well worth justified.

The previous blade provide me with nine combined face and head shaves. A great addition for my Schick I1 Injector.

A close comfortable face & head shave shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe warm, and enjoy the new year's eve celebrations this evening Ladies & Gentlemen whatever you may be doing. :cool:

Yours- Barry.

Last edited:
Sat 13 Wade & Butcher Shave-Off
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor #1 Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Razor #2 Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
What else to say about this soap...just has awesome lather qualities...thickly creamy & slick. Brush and splash were just as great!
Unexpected shave-off between these 2 antique wedge razors. Both were put through the LaLune with oil and initially wanted to shave with the 13/16 but during the wtg, it feels slightly tuggy while completing the right side and so decided to test the steamship for the left since it's ready anyway...including atg on both lower & upper lips. Turns out both were as smooth but the steamship edge feels softer. The steamship is heavier too. The final results after 3 passes were bbs-ccs on both sides without any issues...
20221231_145344.jpg

SOTD: 31/12/2022

Razor: Gillette 1940's English Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow Sharp Edge, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 1305
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Derby Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Razorock Irish Countryside Aftershave
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of A 1940's Jazz Playlist To Match The Age Of The Razor
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Nice old school shave today to see the year out. Who doesn't like an old Gillette Tech. Pound for pound (weight and price) probably the best razor ever made.

*BRUSH DOWN - BRUSH DOWN*. Unfortunately my nearly new Semogue 1305 has fingernail sized chunks of paint coming away. Having said that it is a piggie with attitude and performed valiantly and so henceforth will be known as the rabid warthog rather than a plain old boar brush as it now has attitude and war wounds/scars to prove it. Not sure what to do with it, I'm defjnately keeping it. I'm wondering about taking all the paint off, sanding it and varnishing it. Any ideas? As brushes go it's a cheapie but I still want to save it.

1169B007-751F-4E80-8C53-B73C1D5F25B4.jpeg

Saturday 31st December
Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - OSP Fougere - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
UyupDRo.jpg

Why, hello people. My first entry for this new week of SOTD's while at the same time my final entry for this year of SOTD's. You never got the usual 'My final entry for this week of SOTD's' yesterday as I was just too damn busy being ill. A hardous business is this sick person thing.

Get on with it will you you boring old fart. Okay, okay. Ahem, this shave comes complete with the theme, 'SODiT'. Thank you.

20221230_185916.jpg

DepOSiT - Muhle R89
DoriTOS - Feather
TOsSeD - Yaqi Dandelion
DomeSTOs - Yorkshire Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
mOiSTeneD - Pure moisturiser
'A fever you say Mr Friendly? Not to worry we are still going to cut your cock off'

After the best part of a week of being ill I find myself over in Yorkshire where I am hoping a bit of 'me time' and a change of air might drag me through what remains.

After a couple of days without a shave I find myself once again reaching for that 'just can't go wrong' bit of kit the R89. In this case an 89 head which lives on the end of an ATT Colossus. A great example of 316 grade marine standard Stainless Steel which.........is going rusty. Just remind me not to sail on bloody ships. Also as luck would have it, I find myself with a small stock of Feather blades. I used to rave over Feathers when I first returned to DE shaving but soon realised they had a half life less than Californium, plus @Blademonkey introduced the Polsilver Lodz in to my life and my whole shaving world changed. I never bothered with Feathers again.........but.......it is an 89 where Feather blades really do come to life and prove they are more than worthy.

Throw an R89 head on a heavier handle and then pair with a Feather and what you end up with is a very controllable, extremely comfortable and very secure bit of efficient kit, while still maintaining exactly what the 89 is all about. My return to the Muhle after my recent sensitive skin issues has been an absolute revolution. I gave it my 'Razor Of the year award' for very just reasons. For those about to shave, I salute you.

Another advantage being over Yorkshire way is I have shaving kit here which I do not have over in liverpool. The Swirling Soapery being one. I forgot what a cracking scent this is and it face lathered in to a superb cutting medium. Highly recommended if anyone might want to try something away from the main stream stuff.

Bang it all together in some sort of order and the end result was one wonderfully delivered and wonderfully finished bit of shavingmanship. I couldn't be happier.

Away on my own with no family around, in a part of the world I love and superbly shaved, what more could bring big grin value to my life? Ah yes, going to a local gastro pub (I probably hate that term as much as many others) tonight where I have a ticket for their New Year function. I know enough people in the village so no doubt end the night shit faced in someone's house. Last time I did this we had a great hour long sing song with me playing the piano. They loved it. And not once did anyone recognise the fact, I don't play the piano.

Looking ahead, I wish you forum folk, your families and your friends a most wonderful 2023. And I will still be happy to say 'I love you all'

And I'll finish with those happy girls Pantyhose being, well, happy with a different song...

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

Didn't hold up to my resolution to skip a day's shaving, and the gamble seems to have paid off as my neck is feeling nice and irritation free.

Testing blades is proving to be tricky as well; I'm really struggling to pick a favourite. May have to pick my top three, and then do a more long term comparison. Today the Nacet felt the best so far, yesterday I favoured the Treet 7 Days. I can't tell how much is the blades, and how much is my technique improving.

SOTD 31-Dec
20221229_153116.jpg
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (1)

Wonderful shave today, treated the dart with the utmost respect, feather touch and short passes. I don't use it often as it does require a little more time than I usually have in the morning but when the time is taken you can get a really pleasant irritation free shave out of it!

This is my favourite set out of everything I have, but it is not my favourite performer. This one I actually find tricky to get the balance with water and loading, so this one is all about the scent. Absolutely love it, so much so I went and got the original scent it was based on and that is not something I bother with often!

Well, off out into the wilds of North Wales today in the hopes we can find somewhere open for a decent lunch with the Mrs and the terror. Probably end up in one of our old haunts for a decent pub lunch!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 31/12/2022

Razor: Gillette 1940's English Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow Sharp Edge, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 1305
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Derby Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Razorock Irish Countryside Aftershave
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of A 1940's Jazz Playlist To Match The Age Of The Razor
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Nice old school shave today to see the year out. Who doesn't like an old Gillette Tech. Pound for pound (weight and price) probably the best razor ever made.

*BRUSH DOWN - BRUSH DOWN*. Unfortunately my nearly new Semogue 1305 has fingernail sized chunks of paint coming away. Having said that it is a piggie with attitude and performed valiantly and so henceforth will be known as the rabid warthog rather than a plain old boar brush as it now has attitude and war wounds/scars to prove it. Not sure what to do with it, I'm defjnately keeping it. I'm wondering about taking all the paint off, sanding it and varnishing it. Any ideas? As brushes go it's a cheapie but I still want to save it.

View attachment 98221
Agree with you about the Tech.

I have the same brush with the same problem. It was a hand-me-down from fly3k and there's probably only half the paint left.
Once it's all gone ill probably varnish it and keep it going.

Why, hello people. My first entry for this new week of SOTD's while at the same time my final entry for this year of SOTD's. You never got the usual 'My final entry for this week of SOTD's' yesterday as I was just too damn busy being ill. A hardous business is this sick person thing.

Get on with it will you you boring old fart. Okay, okay. Ahem, this shave comes complete with the theme, 'SODiT'. Thank you.

View attachment 98216

DepOSiT - Muhle R89
DoriTOS - Feather
TOsSeD - Yaqi Dandelion
DomeSTOs - Yorkshire Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
mOiSTeneD - Pure moisturiser
'A fever you say Mr Friendly? Not to worry we are still going to cut your cock off'

After the best part of a week of being ill I find myself over in Yorkshire where I am hoping a bit of 'me time' and a change of air might drag me through what remains.

After a couple of days without a shave I find myself once again reaching for that 'just can't go wrong' bit of kit the R89. In this case an 89 head which lives on the end of an ATT Colossus. A great example of 316 grade marine standard Stainless Steel which.........is going rusty. Just remind me not to sail on bloody ships. Also as luck would have it, I find myself with a small stock of Feather blades. I used to rave over Feathers when I first returned to DE shaving but soon realised they had a half life less than Californium, plus @Blademonkey introduced the Polsilver Lodz in to my life and my whole shaving world changed. I never bothered with Feathers again.........but.......it is an 89 where Feather blades really do come to life and prove they are more than worthy.

Throw an R89 head on a heavier handle and then pair with a Feather and what you end up with is a very controllable, extremely comfortable and very secure bit of efficient kit, while still maintaining exactly what the 89 is all about. My return to the Muhle after my recent sensitive skin issues has been an absolute revolution. I gave it my 'Razor Of the year award' for very just reasons. For those about to shave, I salute you.

Another advantage being over Yorkshire way is I have shaving kit here which I do not have over in liverpool. The Swirling Soapery being one. I forgot what a cracking scent this is and it face lathered in to a superb cutting medium. Highly recommended if anyone might want to try something away from the main stream stuff.

Bang it all together in some sort of order and the end result was one wonderfully delivered and wonderfully finished bit of shavingmanship. I couldn't be happier.

Away on my own with no family around, in a part of the world I love and superbly shaved, what more could bring big grin value to my life? Ah yes, going to a local gastro pub (I probably hate that term as much as many others) tonight where I have a ticket for their New Year function. I know enough people in the village so no doubt end the night shit faced in someone's house. Last time I did this we had a great hour long sing song with me playing the piano. They loved it. And not once did anyone recognise the fact, I don't play the piano.

Looking ahead, I wish you forum folk, your families and your friends a most wonderful 2023. And I will still be happy to say 'I love you all'

And I'll finish with those happy girls Pantyhose being, well, happy with a different song...

Good to see a man who appreciates the ubiquitous Tele, however it needs the Keef touch so, remove the low E string, tune to G and then blast out Brown Sugar please at max volume.
Have a great time in Yorkshire!

Back
Top Bottom