SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

31 December
SLOC by Razo Rock
Personna Super (6x)
Semogue
ToBS Sandalwood

End of 2022 and what a year! Thankfully TSR continues to keep a focus on life, namely sanity and the quest for a perfect shave. This was achieved more often than not. Unfortunately the bank balance has taken a battering, but I think I have enough shaving kit now :rolleyes:, and anyway other bills next year will more than compensate for reduced shaving related expenditure.
Oh the shave, thanks for asking, the SLOC is a mild razor so 3 passes and pick ups for BBS finish.

All TSR folk and families have a healthy, safe 2023. See you next year!

7839DCC8-EFA7-470C-9D9A-416F67E2BDCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Decemboar 31 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Kent/MWF
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

For my last shave of the year it seemed appropriate to pick my favourite items of the year, none of them are massively elusive or expensive but are ones I seem to find myself using more often than not.

Kent aka Mitchells Wool Fat - it can be a little finicky to lather to begin with but once you find a way to lather it, it produces a beautiful lather with great post shave feel, and I rarely ever pick up a weeper with this shaving soap.
Omega 10075 - I think I've used the brush for about 80 shaves and it's fully broken and it's a delight to use. It has great face feel, doesn't eat lather, keeps it shape during the shave and it doesn't shed any bristles.
Fat Handle Tech - My favourite razor by quite some margin, efficient enough to get a close shave with a few passes but mild enough to use for daily use and quite a forgiving razor to use if the right angle is used.
Old Spice - it's not the Shulton classic but the version which can be bought on the UK high street, it still smells great to my nose and feels fantastic on the skin.

Anyway gents, I wish you well for the New Year and all the best for 2023.

IMG_20221231_123641.jpg

Decemboar 31 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Kent/MWF
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

For my last shave of the year it seemed appropriate to pick my favourite items of the year, none of them are massively elusive or expensive but are ones I seem to find myself using more often than not.

Kent aka Mitchells Wool Fat - it can be a little finicky to lather to begin with but once you find a way to lather it, it produces a beautiful lather with great post shave feel, and I rarely ever pick up a weeper with this shaving soap.
Omega 10075 - I think I've used the brush for about 80 shaves and it's fully broken and it's a delight to use. It has great face feel, doesn't eat lather, keeps it shape during the shave and it doesn't shed any bristles.
Fat Handle Tech - My favourite razor by quite some margin, efficient enough to get a close shave with a few passes but mild enough to use for daily use and quite a forgiving razor to use if the right angle is used.
Old Spice - it's not the Shulton classic but the version which can be bought on the UK high street, it still smells great to my nose and feels fantastic on the skin.

Anyway gents, I wish you well for the New Year and all the best for 2023.

View attachment 98233

It doesn’t really matter how much you spend on shaving products, in my book that setup really takes some beating.

D42F2DE3-EA2A-4839-9410-8209978330DE.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP) Head
Feather SS (Schick Proline) Face
Yaqi Aqua HMW Silvertip
DR Harris Marlborough
Homemade Witch-hazel recipe
Hawkins and Brimble Balm

Cracking shave to end the year. I really like the scent of the Marlborough, to my nose a dry cedar with a hint of smokiness.

All the very best of health to you all and your loved ones.

31/12/22
The last shave of DEcember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush Brut
23 Wk 01 (1).JPG
A very nice shave with the Blutt, probably my buy of 2022, Looking forward to getting back to some SE shaving in the new year.
Stay safe and enjoy the new year celebrations all.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: A&E - Mimosa & Melon

A nice glitzy last of the year shave with the star of the year The Rockwell 6S. My daily driver for the last six months so without any shadow of the doubt the razor of the year for me. Coupled with a colour matched Alpha Outlaw brush they have been my trusty companions for the last 170 shaves or so.

But now it is time for a proper clean and boxed away as they won't be used in 2023 at all. As mentioned elsewhere I have 6 razors lined up for next year, razors I purchased this year but haven't used at all in an attempt to 'medicate' my RAD.
It has been another great year here on TSR with loads more knowledge acquired and why not gear & software thanks to all of you good people.

Stocked with all I need and determination not to post in any 2023 Acquisitions Threads anything apart from appreciation posts, I am wishing you a much better year ahead no matter how good or bad this year was.

As it goes for the Jan - Feb protagonist all shall be revealed in another thread.

SOTD.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn’t really matter how much you spend on shaving products, in my book that setup really takes some beating.
Thirded………. If I have learnt anything this year it’s for all the fancy pants kit I have I don’t get better shaves from it. My favourite shaves by far are from old Gillettes, boar brushes and cheap soaps. I’m slowly climbing out of that rabbit hole.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: A&E - Mimosa & Melon

A nice glitzy last of the year shave with the star of the year The Rockwell 6S. My daily driver for the last six months so without any shadow of the doubt the razor of the year for me. Coupled with a colour matched Alpha Outlaw brush they have been my trusty companions for the last 170 shaves or so.

But now it is time for a proper clean and boxed away as they won't be used in 2023 at all. As mentioned elsewhere I have 6 razors lined up for next year, razors I purchased this year but haven't used at all in an attempt to 'medicate' my RAD.
It has been another great year here on TSR with loads more knowledge acquired and why not gear & software thanks to all of good people.

Stocked with all I need and determination not to post in any 2023 Acquisitions Threads anything apart from appreciation posts, I am wishing you a much better year ahead no matter how good or bad this year was.

As it goes for the Jan - Feb protagonist all shall be revealed in another thread.

View attachment 98241

Stunning photo

PXL_20221231_125235193~2.jpg
Shave of the day, my last shave this year!

Razor - Ever-Ready 1912
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - MWF - The Fat
Brush - C&H silvertip
Post - GFT Sandalwood balm
Frag - Dunhill - Indian Sandalwood edp

The last shave of the year had to be a good one so I pulled out the 1912 which always gives a stellar shave and MWF for the same reason, you will have to go a long way to beat The Fat!
I face lathered using my Chisel and Hound silvertip brush and built a fabulous lather giving me a slick surface to allow the 1912 to do its thing and it done it very well indeed.
The GFT skin food just finishes the shave a treat, if all my shaves in 2023 are as good I will be a happy shaver!

Wishing a Happy New Year to one and all :)

Paul.

31 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Løthur: Lønny
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

last shave of the year, and what a beauty it was. I'll be brief, and get straight to the point.. Løthur: Lønny, on a scale of 1 to 10, is an easy 11. Yeah, it really is that good. Happy New Year everyone.

Well, my last shave of the year was CRAP!!

cQqetDt.jpg

I decided to try the new German Personna Plat a 2nd time this year as the first shave was garbage. I tried everything, luxurious & lengthy shower prep with a salicylic acid/tea tree oil facewash and countless minutes with my face under the shower head. I then lathered the fantastic B&M Atomic Holiday soap caringly with lots of water and face lathered for minutes. I even let the lather sit for several minutes while I washed a air fryer basket. Well, even in my favorite Tech this POS blade shaves like a Merkur blade of old, i.e., rougher than a cob!! LEMON!!! :censored:

I do think this blade may serve a purpose however. I propose that medical orderlies use it when shaving comatose patients as surely it will "awaken" them to scream "Stop!!". :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom