SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

Well, my last shave of the year was CRAP!!

cQqetDt.jpg

I decided to try the new German Personna Plat a 2nd time this year as the first shave was garbage. I tried everything, luxurious & lengthy shower prep with a salicylic acid/tea tree oil facewash and countless minutes with my face under the shower head. I then lathered the fantastic B&M Atomic Holiday soap caringly with lots of water and face lathered for minutes. I even let the lather sit for several minutes while I washed a air fryer basket. Well, even in my favorite Tech this POS blade shaves like a Merkur blade of old, i.e., rougher than a cob!! LEMON!!! :censored:

I do think this blade may serve a purpose however. I propose that medical orderlies use it when shaving comatose patients as surely it will "awaken" them to scream "Stop!!". :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the Israeli one, not the German one.

Hot towels, gods gift to shavers. Shave went well 3 pass. Touch-up pass was done with the Parker 55SL-CL semi-slant with a Parker Premium Platinum blade. Alum stone and cold wash. Great shaving experience today.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Parker 65R Sandstone & Gold
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock super platinum black (Ninja)
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Pre-Shave: Vikings Blade Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Lather: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire Shave Soap
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire
Additional Care:
Hot towel
Barrister and Mann Baudelaire Aftershave Blam
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Cold Face Cloth https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63b07e24718a6562eace6d771000000659.jpg

Saturday 31st December

AL9nZEUNyWLplcz5xog97-cflw_omX8gWFzy8EvaBiw63ZpvdgH42vsmRsa0tfq9cOmWdCyFyI0IGalV1MBWJgoDeP9W6TPDIE_5EGnxe3cJjE1F7GExyMPZ7P58NEgOkYqa5B4tjp-R1r-7Rnhs6cVbFtqwnA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Spirits Shaving Soap & Omega 10009 (White) Blonde Boar 25mm
GEM Junior Parade & GEM by Personna (7)
OSP Spirits Aftershave Tonic

Decemboar done! Enjoyed!

Last shave of the year ... and ... well, I enjoyed last night's shave so much I did what we all should do and just have another one. Same kit except for the GEM Junior was swapped out for the same model but with the Parade handle. Much enjoyed!

361 shaves this year with only four of the worst days of COVID where I left myself looking like a vagabond. Looking at my spreadsheet, it's been another year of cartridge shaving in the main but in the last few months proper single edge shaving (with an ASR razor and a GEM blade) has made a good comeback.

Here's to us all (lifts glass) and a happy year of shaving to come ...

EDA2148F-EC81-4BE9-9968-B9673CE79B71.jpeg
SOTD: 31/12/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

A great shave to end the year on, wishing you and yours a happy new year, enjoy the evening guys!

Back
Top Bottom