SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

View attachment 98345

Been a loooonnngg time since I posted here, but I’m back!

Easy and lazy shave today. Favourite razor and blade combo: R101 and Shark. No real prep, just soaked and shaved in the bath. TF&J Trafalgar cream (with some old Palmolive stick thrown in) and an Omega brush.

Two passes, one with and one against the grain.

Rinsed off in the bath and finished with Bull Dog moisturiser.
Poops

Obviously that’s an R41. Been away too long!

Sotd-02-01-23.png

ATT alu - m plate - Treet Platinum - Semogue 1305 - D.R Harris Arlington & Extro Legno de Sandalo.

Like others - I have to report paint failure with my 1305 - I've owned this from new and it has been well looked after - it has never been dropped or excessively soaked. The paint just started flaking off - I've read that the finish doesn't do well with extended exposure to hard water but that can't be true in my case. The water here is soft enough to give @Tony'schin anaphylactic shock. :) I don't want to get rid of the brush - the knot is fantastic - and also it took me ten of your earth years to break the bloody thing in. It has sat on a shelf for a while - using it in its current condition worries me - in the sense - that water will get into the handle over time and the wood will split. No laughing matter - go ask Prince Albert about split wood? I really don't want to lose the knot - I said that before - and am interested in what other people do with their brushes to restore them? Other than that - cracking shave. The Extro Sandalo is not your usual sandalwood - much more perfumed than you might think - nice. I wouldn't try to wear edt or edp over it - the longevity is as you might expect from Extro. And it was gifted to me. All the better. Shave well - one and all - cheers - I.

@ekeko @shiny - and another who reported paint problems with the 1305 - sorry, can't recall immediately. Perhaps we need a support group? It's going to involve sandpaper isn't it? ;)

Monday 2nd January

AL9nZEVJsdGpMMrCCpNDS4metaG7BOIS84FUw_M42o-gLhCmeRrxihg1kwssqc7mdjlOPz41ZbgiLrbJ_YbKoex8DybNWku8J-hv_7A8D_Z9hMV5SmF8HxgfYDgJq_rCDPrt6UGkOQfoVxFNK2PzLBmSyhxE6A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tcheon Fung Sing Traditional Line (Green/Menthol) & Razorock Hive Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog (Stainless) Handle & Sunny Supreme Stainless (2)
Brut Splash-On

Another superb run with the Sunny Supreme Stainless and yes, it's better still on the second shave. Folks who like SuperMax will enjoy these blades a lot!

@Palmolive fox @donnie_arko

View attachment 98346

ATT alu - m plate - Treet Platinum - Semogue 1305 - D.R Harris Arlington & Extro Legno de Sandalo.

Like others - I have to report paint failure with my 1305 - I've owned this from new and it has been well looked after - it has never been dropped or excessively soaked. The paint just started flaking off - I've read that the finish doesn't do well with extended exposure to hard water but that can't be true in my case. The water here is soft enough to give @Tony'schin anaphylactic shock. :) I don't want to get rid of the brush - the knot is fantastic - and also it took me ten of your earth years to break the bloody thing in. It has sat on a shelf for a while - using it in its current condition worries me - in the sense - that water will get into the handle over time and the wood will split. No laughing matter - go ask Prince Albert about split wood? I really don't want to lose the knot - I said that before - and am interested in what other people do with their brushes to restore them? Other than that - cracking shave. The Extro Sandalo is not your usual sandalwood - much more perfumed than you might think - nice. I wouldn't try to wear edt or edp over it - the longevity is as you might expect from Extro. And it was gifted to me. All the better. Shave well - one and all - cheers - I.

@ekeko @shiny - and another who reported paint problems with the 1305 - sorry, can't recall immediately. Perhaps we need a support group? It's going to involve sandpaper isn't it? ;)
That would be me. Mine was a hand-me-down from fly3k. I'm going to keep using/enjoying it till I am forced to get something else.

That would be me. Mine was a hand-me-down from fly3k. I'm going to keep using/enjoying it till I am forced to get something else.
Apologies, I couldn't remember my sources. You are right, my brush is well broken-in - and has a good life left in it yet - the knot is as soft as any expensive badger I own and is just fun to use? It splays massively. In a good way. I do worry about using a damaged handle though? Prolonged exposure to water? - cheers - I.

Welcome to 2023 everyone and so far what a great shaving year. It feels just like 2022 with a different number on the end. And my themed shave is....'Seven year itch'

20230102_175147.jpg

Herpes - Ikon B1
Sandpaper - Polsilver Lodz
Itchy brush - Razorock 400
Itchy Gonorrhoea - Signature Soaps Danum
Itching cream - L'Occitane Cade balm

'Bad wind love?'

A first shave for the new year (at least I think it is) but perhaps more important for me, my seventh year of writing drivel here on TSR. So it is either seven years of celebration for me or seven years of commiserations for you lot for ever putting up with me. But seven damn fine years of the best shaving corner on the Internet. In fact the whole fucking planet.

And was it a shave worthy of seven years? Of course it was. Have I learnt anything in the past seven years? Of course I have. And do I look forward to the next seven years? Absolutely. Am I a twat? All the time.

Have a wonderful new year you damn lovely people and I will love you all every day. Much to your disappointment.

Roll on the warmer months...

Back
Top Bottom