SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

03/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
23 Wk 01 (4).JPG
'Tis a beautiful thing when the General meets a Kai pink, i had forgotten just how beautiful.
The Proraso cream and SOC boar whipped up enough great scented lather for the 2 pass shave, still needs a bit work this knot but its getting there, i have 3 Semogue's at different states of break in, i should use them more.
A nice post shave with the Pinaud's finishing the spicy theme leaving me as smooth as glass and feeling good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tuesday January 3, 2023
Razor: Asylum 17-4
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Paladin Sumo
Soap: Stirling "Bay Rum"
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Roosters Nest Bourbon Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,520
iIWikun.jpg

3/1/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - Gillette New
Blade - Treet Classic (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

For yesterday's shave, the blade seemed to glide across my face, but for today's shave there was lots of resistance and tugging, the blade shouldn't have declined in performance so significantly from the 2nd to 3rd shave. I'm a little perplexed as I used the same blade in the same razor with the only variable altered was the shaving soap. Vitos Red used to be a good solid performer, but the soap dried out and I'm not sure whether it lost some of it's slickness and performance at the same time. I bowl lathered today and had a lather that wasn't too dry, it was a well made lather. It was a struggle to finish the shave, and it was one I was pleased to get through without cutting my face to ribbons!
I might add a few drops of glycerine to the shaving soap to see whether it improves it's performance.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good day.

IMG_20230103_130113.jpg

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Simpson Bay Rum
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

Not the best shave ever on the first try for the GSB, but we'll see how tomorrow goes!

Shave 2 with the Flying Eagle and this pushed it too far. Got a close shave but a lot of irritation

Rating: 2 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Flying Eagle Pink and yellow stainless (silver coloured blade)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Palmolive Shave stick
Aftershave: Goya Corvette
Additional Care:
Proraso Pre and post cream https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63b46c77718a6562eace6dcc

Had to use Proraso Pre/ post cream which is a rarity as I only use it to help soothe damaged skin.
Will update the blade review accordingly.

This 1960s Corvette aftershave is OK but not a patch on the 1950s formulation. This one has a sweet indistinct smell whereas the older one has a ozone and musk kind of smell, like a very light Floid Blue.

Last edited:
Razorine Premium Special | Personna Platinum Chrome | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | Proraso Red Soap & AS | 3P Pre/Post​

DD94B505-4FBE-450F-946B-5AB44EDE9FBD.jpeg

Not bad round the top of the old coupon but I need to practice, practice, practice to get close and comfortable on the neck. It’s strange using a side-on instrument like this when you’ve been wielding a T shape for the better part of 30 years. Did I just type 30 years? Bugger me, I’m old…

Razorine Premium Special | Personna Platinum Chrome | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | Proraso Red Soap & AS | 3P Pre/Post​

View attachment 98399

Not bad round the top of the old coupon but I need to practice, practice, practice to get close and comfortable on the neck. It’s strange using a side-on instrument like this when you’ve been wielding a T shape for the better part of 30 years. Did I just type 30 years? Bugger me, I’m old…
Strangely enough.....I was thinking of trying mine sometime soon. Mine is the original though....bugger all to hold on to. I use alum to improve the grip

F9013A9F-2D69-4C81-9D0B-578C2C88F027.jpeg
SOTD: 03/01/2023

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

Smooth and simple as ever with the Claymore, and the SV is amazing, definitely underused in my den. Have a great day guys.

Back
Top Bottom