SOTD : Saturday 31th August to Friday 6th September

SOTD 20190901.

nvL7vu0.jpg

J&T® purperhart / Oumo Brush synth.
Meißner Tremonia "Lavender De Luxe" shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Centwin Super Platinum (1).
Loris "Lavanta" EdC.

1/9/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - 7OC Permasharp
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

I don't really get the opportunity to frequent the pub as much as I used and made a rare visit yesterday, and consequently today's shave was a hungover one and so I went the way of menthol in the shave and after, and it did seemed to wake me up a little.

As for the ingredients for today's I'd pretty much kept the same ones as from a few days ago aside from using Proraso Green instead of Valobra Methol croap, and with the latter the blade felt prickly, but not with today's shave with the Proraso Green, the blade was very smooth and efficient, and had a very comfortable and close shave. Even though I've been DE/wet shaving for a while, I sometimes seem to forget the importance of a good lather for the shave, with the contrasts of lathers of Proraso Green & Valobra a reminder to their importance.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good Sunday.

1/9/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - 7OC Permasharp
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

I don't really get the opportunity to frequent the pub as much as I used and made a rare visit yesterday, and consequently today's shave was a hungover one and so I went the way of menthol in the shave and after, and it did seemed to wake me up a little.

As for the ingredients for today's I'd pretty much kept the same ones as from a few days ago aside from using Proraso Green instead of Valobra Methol croap, and with the latter the blade felt prickly, but not with today's shave with the Proraso Green, the blade was very smooth and efficient, and had a very comfortable and close shave. Even though I've been DE/wet shaving for a while, I sometimes seem to forget the importance of a good lather for the shave, with the contrasts of lathers of Proraso Green & Valobra a reminder to their importance.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good Sunday.
The Antelope?

The Antelope?

The main damage was done in 'The Castle', which used to be a grotty old Young's pub on the high street, but had a pricey refurb and is now a charmless generic 'gastropub' playing bland house music full of charmless aspiring young professionals with whitened teeth drinking prosecco speaking far louder than they really should do; it truly is hellish. Well it is to me, but like with Feather blades there's the YMMV issue...

Screenshot_20190901-161343__01.jpg

ATT S2
Kai Stainless Steel (2)
Oumo Super Dense Manchurian
Australian Private Reserve Fougère Trois
Pitralon Classic aftershave

The Kai blade on it's second use worked a treat in the S2. It didn't feel harsh at all.

No issues with the APR soap. The only negative was the scent strength as it wasn't very strong at, which was a shame as it's a lovely scent.

Have a good week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom