SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

SOTD : 7th June 2022.

View attachment 89013

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning birthday shave.

A wonderful birthday shave set up with a mixture soft & hardware that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing...Today, on my special day was no exception.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable birthday shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
Happy birthday!

07/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent cold water face wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Brut Original
View attachment 89031
After yesterdays "rough" shave the Blackland Sabre was called into action as i always get a comfortable, efficient shave from it.
Again the 1912 soap whipped up a lovely lather, although i do load more soap when using my boar brushes.
Just what i needed, BBS from 2 passes with a touch up on the whirlpools.

Happy Biirthday @Palmolive fox enjoy your day bud.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Thanks Tony...I actually had the pleasure of seeing the Ramones a few times in the 90's...Great times, fantastic live band.

aWE7oKi.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow-Lanolin-Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Tom's Thumb K8 Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Interlinked
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (23)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix and Beau Albion Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather EdT

Great shave. Very much enjoyed the performance of the Paladin brush, and the performance and scent of the Phoenix and Beau soap was a delight.

Last edited:

View attachment 89013

Pre:
Bowl Lather.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

A wonderful birthday shave set up with a mixture soft & hardware that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing...Today, on my special day was no exception.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable birthday shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of Boots Freshwood ASB.

And a most bodacious of birthdays to you Barry

View attachment 89013

Pre:
Bowl Lather.

Greetings,

Made ya a cake, happy burp-day!

bad_piggy_birthday_cake_by_gallade007_d5ksy6n-fullview.jpg

Mixed bag tonight for the shave. Not sure if it was the soap, bowl lathering instead of face lathering or my prep wasn’t good enough. I probably changed too many variables to pin it down. Still ended up with a smooth face at the end but it wasn’t comfortable. At least with this hobby the next shave isn’t too far away.

109C543D-1E0A-4545-8B8B-29FC720198FD.jpeg

Themed 'Forgetfulness and the art of.....?.....?.............................of something or other'

Polish_20220607_192514626.jpg

It's a fish I think - Stainless Mongoose
Where is the tractor? - Feather Professional
Where, what? - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Erm? - Extro Arzachena soap
I dunno - Extro Arzachena splash
'Yup. The twatometer really does prove a point here'

A morning at home gave me the chance to shave with something different to my takeaway gear here on the boat. Nothing new really, just good old trusted accoutrements which have well proven their worth. I am starting to think, 'May be the Mongoose is my God razor'.

A super bit of bathroom time with super results and I am left with a super refreshed feeling. Just in time to return to the art of tugging and pulling things off.

I did forget to take a photo so I have kind of superimposed three from my past SOTD's in an abstract kind of way. Or in basic terms 'any old shit will do'.

And the abstract Midori to end things on

Back
Top Bottom