SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

#SOTN

Pre: hot shower, King C Gillette beard & wash followed by pre-shave oil tester from Bart's Balm.
Razor & blade: Henson AL13+++ Aggressive with Treet Carbon, Leaf with Treet Platinum saloon style blades.
Soap: Declaration Grooming Chaotic Neutral
Brush: AP Shave Co 26mm Silk Smoke fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Obsidian
Splash: Declaration Grooming Chaotic Neutral
Post: Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming, followed by Nivea Active Age 6 in 1

Spectacular shave (face and dome this evening), a real Treet (pun intended ). Third use of the first Treet Carbon I've tried, if anyone knows where's best to pick these up at a decent price over here then please let me know.

First use of the AP Shave Co brush, fancied taking a punt in the knot so just got it in the cheapest handle they had. This thing has the softest tips, like pillow soft (so not scritch), yet a lot of backbone - this thing bends for no one unless it has some soap and water in it. Whipped up a beautiful lather with the Declaration Grooming, dialling it in to perfection (if it had been anymore slick Greenpeace would have rocked up).

Double dipped on balms, I have a particular trouble spot on my neck which almost always picks up a little irritation but the Ultra Calming sees right to that in no time. The Active Age then just gives the best post shave skin feel for ages afterwards - unfortunately though I think they've discontinued it as I can't find it anywhere now .

Have a great one people!

Attachments

• PXL_20220607_204422376.jpg
    PXL_20220607_204422376.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
Tuesday 7th June

AM-JKLXus0XlbhTYeFvtDyWiBFjRog_MP5QowfYOQNmDbDwbVdIRAQqhpKu1S_CmC87qdix0lgvP612F1vxn-obc7Xw68bmJF3mvI2weSIFMazRkpV8aSuT8k674LUZ3L3yq2qaQBOjBx5ll9WTASW5txS28eA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug
Vie Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor & Gillette Labs Cartridge (2)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave Lotion

SOTD : 7th June 2022.

View attachment 89013

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning birthday shave.

A wonderful birthday shave set up with a mixture soft & hardware that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing...Today, on my special day was no exception.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable birthday shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Happy birthday :)

Wed 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Glacial Peach
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DOC Rosegold
Blade Personna X Series 23rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + A&E Peach & Cognac Splash + Frost Drops
Very nice lather from the soap for this hot day. Cooling, thickly creamy slick with a light refreshing scent...
A satisfying shave with the razor paired with this well-used and seemingly could go on forever blade...wow! 3passes without any issues for a dfs++ finish. The aftershaves were just terrific to start the day...
20220608_090342.jpg

SOTD 08-June
20220607_135021.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather HS (1)

First use of the Novis and very happy. Caveat for this first part, as I've uttered numerous times my nose is terrible. I was initially concerned as all I could smell was orange off the tub, but in use that quickly mellowed and I was left with a very pleasant smell. I can't describe it so I shan't. As I've experienced with the Valentia the performance is fantastic. Again very very happy.

Hope everyone has a grand day, and for those of you that have already picked up the Novus, enjoy.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 08-June
View attachment 89054
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather HS (1)

First use of the Novis and very happy. Caveat for this first part, as I've uttered numerous times my nose is terrible. I was initially concerned as all I could smell was orange off the tub, but in use that quickly mellowed and I was left with a very pleasant smell. I can't describe it so I shan't. As I've experienced with the Valentia the performance is fantastic. Again very very happy.

Hope everyone has a grand day, and for those of you that have already picked up the Novus, enjoy.

Cheers

Marc
how does the marvellous Wolfman perform?

how does the marvellous Wolfman perform?
It's very very good, the quality and the finish are unquestionable. The performance is also great, it isn't the second coming or anything daft, but I went into it with my eyes wide open.

It's the darwin handle that I'm most surprised with, it is a near as perfect for my hand. I didn't think that would be the case with the odd shaping.

Very happy with the purchase.

SOTD : 7th June 2022.

View attachment 89013

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning birthday shave.

A wonderful birthday shave set up with a mixture soft & hardware that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing...Today, on my special day was no exception.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable birthday shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
Belated Happy Birthday Barry

08/06/22
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Shower
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring #663851 OC Travel Set
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari EDT
Wk 23 (5).JPG
A wonderful Vintage shave today with the OC Gillette, i picked up this little Culmak in another set which i am cleaning up to use as a travel set so gave it a run out, its a really nice little brush, it whipped up the Vintage Gibbs to a lovely slick lather and is a really nice face painter.
A very smooth and efficient 2 passes to start, however, i had the lather so instead of a touch up i completed a full 3rd pass, well, you cannot rinse this lather down the sink.
I have been rewarded with a very close comfortable BBS finish.
I am taking Mrs TC out for lunch today so a nice splash of the RL Safari to finish things off.
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom