SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – cartridge
Blade – N/A
Brush - rough, no name boar...
Soap – Wild West Shaving: Black Sails
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

I don't usually post my weekday/cartridge shaves due to lack of time, but seeing that I was using another new soap, I decided to... WOW, straight off the bat, Wild West Shaving: Black Sails lathers like a champ.. it is very slick, great protection, etc, etc, etc.. in fact, I was enjoying this soap so much, that I made extra passes just for the fun of it.. In a word, SUBLIME!

SOTD 20171106.

fp1aFIs.jpg

J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Jabones by Luna "Azahar".
Schick type L1 injector.
Schick Proline B-20 (4).
PeReJa Lavender EdC.

Monday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna injector (PTFE coated) (Day 4).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

Another great 2 pass shave today, decided to keep with essentially the same set-up as Sunday's shave, albeit I skipped the pre-shave oil.

All the best,

Chris

Monday 6th November
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove cream
Ever Ready 1914
GEM SSC #5
Alum Wash
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
WjQcx3F.jpg

Second frost of the season provoked me to warm my bowl in which I generated a lovely warm creamy lather which gave me a most excellent shave. The warm lather was quite luxurious and made the shave with the 1914 very pleasant.
I may have to put a warming scuttle on my xmas list.

uax8TrAG_o.jpg

Omega Pro 48
Gibbs No 17
Supermax Platinum (1)
Proraso Green
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Proraso Green balm and aftershave

What a shave, glad my Gibbs never sold! Absolutely superb at setting N completely BBS and no issues. Proraso balm is great stuff, once I get through my sample I'll get a full bottle. The only bad point is the brush, it was my first boar way back in 2013/14 and I have only used it three or four times, I bought a Semogue shortly afterwards, so it hasn't been broken in which does show during the shave. Managed a servicable lather.

Mon6th Nov.

Omega 11126 boar
L`Occitane Cade Soap
ATT SE1 /Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion

After a few days on Vintage Se/Injectors decided to go modern. I find that the ATT SE1 really works for me, despite having a heavy beard growth,the weight of the razor just scythes away the whiskers.

Today was no exception, especially as the Razor/Blade worked so well with the excellent lather from the Cade. I can wield this Razor with precision to eliminate the whiskers that tend to be stubborn
to move. If I want a Shave for a special occasion I am pretty certain this would be my razor of choice. I have used it with great success as a Travel Razor while holidaying in UK.

IMG_0061.jpg

uax8TrAG_o.jpg

Omega Pro 48
Gibbs No 17
Supermax Platinum (1)
Proraso Green
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Proraso Green balm and aftershave

What a shave, glad my Gibbs never sold! Absolutely superb at setting N completely BBS and no issues. Proraso balm is great stuff, once I get through my sample I'll get a full bottle. The only bad point is the brush, it was my first boar way back in 2013/14 and I have only used it three or four times, I bought a Semogue shortly afterwards, so it hasn't been broken in which does show during the shave. Managed a servicable lather.
I'm pleased you never sold it, sellers remorse is a hard thing to deal with. :)
P.

~ SOTD 6th November 2017 ~

Pre - Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (5)
Brush - Semogue 2000
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick
Post - Nivea Men Sensitive Moisturiser

after trying some shave sticks the last few months most recent ones being la toja - lea - boots - which are all excellent I decided to give the Wilkinson sword one a go the soap lathered up great and I had a decent shave but the scent is disgusting not one il use again iv gave it away its like a sweaty sock hahaha , the shark blade was still going strong on its 5th use no tugging and still sharp I could keep it going but I'm not gonna push it any further .....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom