Zenith 506U TS
Chinese Cologne Soap
The General
Schick Proline #7
Alum wash
Vintage Burgundy Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
vwP5wol.jpg

I did say I was originally trying the brass General with my favourite soaps. But this is where it changes. In another thread I did promise to use the newly acquired Chinese cologne soap in anger. I did and got excellent results. I honestly didn't expect the slickness and protection I got. The scent albeit subtle, gave a nice background to the shave. The post feel was great. So thumbs up from me. Thanks have to go to @Palmolive fox . The General performed impeccably as usual.

Last edited:
It still scares me Paul! What does riding the cap mean?
It's when you hold the handle higher so the top cap of the razor is touching your skin and sliding along your skin as you shave, this just alters the angle the blade is cutting at, and it gave a much smoother shave with this particular razor and I did not feel the OC (comb or teeth) of the razor at all. :) P.

The absolute middle;

IMG_4975.jpg

Today I opted for a shave in the 20 or so minutes I had over my lunch, having failed to shave this morning before work. As I've recently purchased a duplicate of the shaving cream which is a hot topic in these parts, I opted for the Gentleman's Face Care Club shave cream. It has a subtle, sweet sandalwood scent and plenty of slickness when dialled in. My 26mm 2-band badger brush did a great job, though I've realised of late it harbours a bit of water in towards the base of the knot. Not an issue however as it means I don't overdo it on the water front!

I paired my Thomas Clipper SS DE with a new Nacet blade and set to work. A WTG-XTG hybrid followed by another in a slightly varied direction left me nice and smooth. I'm a big fan of these Nacet blades. They're tremendously forgiving and close. I think I've done myself a service by starting off with SR's and Feather DE blades when crossing the bridge to the DE world. It makes some particularly sharp blades feel far more managable, as any faults in technique were well-and-truly highlighted to me before. I've a slight tingle either side of my Adam's apple, as per @Blademonkey's shave this morning, but, as with the infamous BM, some BBA PSB sorted me right out! I dabbed a little more Tom Ford Black Orchid (copy) oil on my wrists and set back off to work. Job done.

Onto the next cracker, chaps!

Last edited:
It's when you hold the handle higher so the top cap of the razor is touching your skin and sliding along your skin as you shave, this just alters the angle the blade is cutting at, and it gave a much smoother shave with this particular razor and I did not feel the OC (comb or teeth) of the razor at all. :) P.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

The absolute middle;

IMG_4975.jpg

Today I opted for a shave in the 20 or so minutes I had over my lunch, having failed to shave this morning before work. As I've recently purchased a duplicate of the shaving cream which is a hot topic in these parts, I opted for the Gentleman's Face Care Club shave cream. It has a subtle, sweet sandalwood scent and plenty of slickness when dialled in. My 26mm 2-band badger brush did a great job, though I've realised of late it harbours a bit of water in towards the base of the knot. Not an issue however as it means I don't overdo it on the water front!

I paired my Thomas Clipper SS DE with a new Nacet blade and set to work. A WTG-XTG hybrid followed by another in a slightly varied direction left me nice and smooth. I'm a big fan of these Nacet blades. They're tremendously forgiving and close. I think I've done myself a service by starting off with SR's and Feather DE blades when crossing the bridge to the DE world. It makes some particularly sharp blades feel far more managable, as any faults in technique were well-and-truly highlighted to me before. I've a slight tingle either side of my Adam's apple, as per @Blademonkey's shave this morning, but, as with the infamous BM, some BBA PSB sorted me right out! I dabbed a little more Tom Ford Black Orchid (copy) oil on my wrists and set back off to work. Job done.

Onto the next cracker, chaps!
Infamous! ? I don't know what I've done to deserve such a title but as far as the BBA post shave balm is concerned ,it works wonders!!

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Vie-Long 13052
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk sample
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Afters: Hawkins & Brimble PSB
IMG_20170809_163745.jpg
Second citrus soap/cream in a row and on first impressions I preferred this to the Simpsons but by the time I'd finished the first pass the musk had become a bit overpowering (I shave my moustache last).
Second pass the 'tache went first, so the Simpsons is the winner in the scents stake. I'm still to find a citrus soap/cream that I really really like (please, no Arko suggestions).
I like these blades, maybe not as much as the Pal super carbon, but that might just be a first love thing.

Last edited:
Wednesday 9th August 2017

sotd 9th Aug.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Timeless 0.95 straight base plate with scalloped cap
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (Lodz) (#4)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
AS: Nivea soothing balm

Today's shave with the Timeless was much like the previous shaves, but I did manage two minor weepers this time, not sure if this is the effect of the straight bar, my technique or the Polsilver being on it's way out. Possibly not the blade as apart from the minor weepers it was still smooth and close. I will change the blade out for the next shave just in case. I wanted to use one of my favourite blades to try out the Timeless but I also wanted to use the same blade type for each configuration of the Timeless I would get to try, now I am wishing I used an Astra SP, so cheap and readily available I could have used a new blade each shave.

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa Red pre-share
Soap: RazoRock XX
Razor: Rockwell 6C (2P)
Blade: Wilkinson (2nd)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, followed by a shower then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

So tried a new soap – RazoRock XX and it was not a slick as the X or XXX, but the scent was very pleasant. Dropped to the 6C 2P as I wanted a restful shave, which worked until I over did it with my pick ups. Oh hum, still left the house this morning happy.

Back
Top Bottom