SOTD Saturday 5th - Friday 11th August

Boxer 06.jpg
© Floid_Maniac

Today I had my first shave with two products of the Polish brand Brutal. The shaving cream got a soft, almost liquid consistency but it makes a rich, creamy and slick lather. An amount in the size of an almond created lather which was more enough for three passes. Also my skin is not dry and feels well cared after the shave. The Brutal Grand aftershave smells really identical to the Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave but is not that overwhelming like the American original. It is more powdry and it will not last longer than an hour. I find it very pleasant.

This Tuesday`s morning shave was accompanied by Joy Division.

Last edited:
Tues 8th Aug

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
PAL Injecto-Matic De Luxe
Schick Proline Type B [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Had to be very careful today as using a very light Razor, after using big bruisers such as the Claymore and Mongoose for some time.Was very aware of the need to avoid putting pressure on the Razor to make up for the difference in weight.

Very pleased with the Results as not only was the Shave smooth and fault free , but also very close all round. Much of the success of the Shave quality was my use of the Schick Proline AC Type blade, which are performing very well for me in Vintage Injectors.

IMG_1497.jpg

Greetings

Wednesday 9th August 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: 1912 Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: ER Corrux NOS (6)
Brush: Vulfix /Tuxedo
Soap: Lea Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: Fan Di Fendi Pour Homme Assoluta

After two consecutive shaves with this blade stropped on plain leather only it is clear it needs a touch up on the Feox strop, to be quite fair the open comb Damaskeene is a very mild shaver considerably more so than the standard model and this did not help, a very decent comfortable shave but not super close.

Regards
Dick.

9.8.17.JPG

Last edited:
Into a hot shower straight after. My skin feels very conditioned but the shave doesn't seem to of been as close leading to a slight uncomfortable feeling on my neck and me looking a little more stubbally than normal.

Verdict: further investigation needed.
If I end up red and stubbly I put it down to incorrect angle. For reference, I also cold-water shave and since starting it haven't looked back!

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 9th August Wednesday

Pass around Rocnel SE-G

Day 2, in the big brother house.....second shave with the Rocnel SE-G, today's shave was better, I took @riverrun's advice and really rode the cap so much so I didn't feel the comb at all and I got a more comfortable shave, although I still managed to pick up a small scratch from one of the corners of the blade. I also used a Pal Super carbon blade which I find more skin friendly, so it getting better! BBA post shave balm followed by Black Afgahano perfume oil from Mr Perfume.
Let's hope tomorrows shave is blood free! :)

Wishing you all a blissful day........:)

@Ferry-shave , your tag sir! :)

Last edited:
SOTD 20170809

aImXhqM.jpg

J&T® wengé / Luyixian Jiamei synthetic.
Epsilon shaving bowl.
Lea Classic (sample).
SSSeygus Extrem OC.
Derby Extra (Turkey) (6).
Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

View attachment 27871
© Floid_Maniac

Today I had my first shave with two products of the Polish brand Brutal. The shaving cream got a soft, almost liquid consistency but it makes a rich, creamy and slick lather. An amount in the size of an almond created lather which was more enough for three passes. Also my skin is not dry and feels well cared after the shave. The Brutal Grand aftershave smells really identical to the Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave but is not that overwhelming like the American original. It is more powdry and it will not last longer than an hour. I find it very pleasant.

This Tuesday`s morning shave was accompanied by Joy Division.
Great poster and a great song!

View attachment 27874 ~SOTD~ 9th August Wednesday

Pass around Rocnel SE-G

Day 2, in the big brother house.....second shave with the Rocnel SE-G, today's shave was better, I took @riverrun's advice and really rode the cap so much so I didn't feel the comb at all and I got a more comfortable shave, although I still managed to pick up a small scratch from one of the corners of the blade. I also used a Pal Super carbon blade which I find more skin friendly, so it getting better! BBA post shave balm followed by Black Afgahano perfume oil from Mr Perfume.
Let's hope tomorrows shave is blood free! :)

Wishing you all a blissful day........:)
It still scares me Paul! What does riding the cap mean?

Back
Top Bottom