SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Thursday 04.14.22 Shave

v1owLbP.png

Yates 921-H Brushed Brass Fat Handle / Nacet
Jayaruh #408 24mm Maggard 2-band badger
Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap & Aftershave
One pass DFS. Back to the Charles River Reserve in Medfield, Mass. with Rosie.

LhfZBUo.png

Whoops. Probably my sense if recent events which lead to me including 'it is my birthday'

My birthday is actually Christmas day but I will happily accept having a 'Queen's birthday' in the middle of the year. Since I wear my wife's underwear regularly I guess she would understand ;)

Thank you anyway
Who would understand- The Queen ??

Thur 14th April

Muhle Silvertip Syn - S 19mm
Haslinger Honig
Hiram Commander- 2dot
Schick Proline ( 2 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S

Always choose to use this when I feel in need of a slow relaxed Shave. Despite its size it feels great in the hand and is surprisingly agile. By not rushing I can get a rather close finish around the neck, always a problematic area.

E3E6BFD5-CBC1-40A1-82AF-C02178C3B633.jpeg

20220414_074228.jpg
SOTD 14th Apr
Brush - Razorock Amici 22mm
Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Razor - Supply 2.0 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #8
Post - Oaken Lab balm
The close finish for 3 passes was acceptable. Just not the smoothest way to achieving that finish. Don't know why but the first WTG pass never really feels like it removes anything. The XTG pass is slightly more efficient and not until the ATG pass that you feel/see the razor working - all the while not quite the smoothest and a bit tuggy in places. Might be a dud blade - however I've never had a problem with the Schick Proline before - could even pop it in the Gem MMOC to check if its the blade?
The OSP is once again a top performer though - and the scent grows on me the more I use it.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

14/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Gillette Perma-sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 15 (6).JPG
HOT shower, woo.gif
Not a major problem, something to do with a the way a condenser boiler works, the action causes the water to be acidic which then starts the deterioration of the condensing chamber which forms a deposit not too different from limescale which had blocked one of the run off pipes, an easy fix.
The blade has been retired after 4 full shaves, it could have gone on, however, it did feel a little prickly on a couple of strokes.
It is always a pleasure to whip up a Signature soaps Lather, today was simply wonderful.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
14 April

PAA Solstice
PAA Amber Aerolite
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Village Barber Balm

B9818D9E-DC86-49DC-AE88-52631C203A66.jpeg
A very close but comfortable shave this morning, the soap and brush working up a fantastic lather with ease, and the razor just swept it away with aplomb. I think the Blackbird is the closest shaving DE razor that I own, although the ATT SE1 Calypso may ultimately be a bit closer.

Back
Top Bottom