SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Happy Birthday. Hope you have/had a great day.

Whoops. Probably my sense if recent events which lead to me including 'it is my birthday'

My birthday is actually Christmas day but I will happily accept having a 'Queen's birthday' in the middle of the year. Since I wear my wife's underwear regularly I guess she would understand ;)

Thank you anyway

Tuesday evening's shave thematically entitled 'Frank and Eddie go down the pub'

View attachment 86766

The Volunteer Canteen - Colonial General V2
The Cabbage - Feather Super Professional
Your round mate - Yaqi Dandelion
Make mine a half - Extro Arancia

'Party? Why not old chap it is my birthday after all. Sod them all'

Said it elsewhere, but the V2 for me is the finest slim line AC razor on the planet. Accurate, quick, kind and gives nothing less than wonderfully fine shaves. Good God I even like the handle.

Nice to return to the Arancia and the endless jar of soap. Getting close to being 'finished' but never seems to get that final 'That is your fucking lot'. When it does though there is a virgin tub waiting in the wings.

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Top class shave with a top class finish. One deserving of a damn fine band of Japanese ladies to see you out........it just has to be the Beaver

w4hzYp6.gif

LI9zhgW.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Gentleman's Nod Sir Winston
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Gentleman's Nod Sir Winston Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EdT

A tribute shave to the great man.
The Sir Winston soap is an excellent performer - the lather reminds me a lot of the Barrister & Mann Reserve base. The scent is a tribute to Blenheim Bouquet.
I find it more lavender-forward, whilst in the original, citrus tends to be the dominant note. However, Gentleman's Nod have done a good job - it is a very refreshing Barbershop scent with a distinct English backbone.

View attachment 86766

Said it elsewhere, but the V2 for me is the finest slim line AC razor on the planet. Accurate, quick, kind and gives nothing less than wonderfully fine shaves. Good God I even like the handle.

Nice to return to the Arancia and the endless jar of soap. Getting close to being 'finished' but never seems to get that final 'That is your fucking lot'. When it does though there is a virgin tub waiting in the wings.

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Top class shave with a top class finish. One deserving of a damn fine band of Japanese ladies to see you out........it just has to be the Beaver

Happy Birthday, Hope you have a cracking day.
All the best

Thu 14 SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + PA + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
It's just a wonderful lather from the soap. Rich, creamy, and slick...with some cooling sensation...the scent a bit mild.
Workday rush 2.5passes with this nice smooth and crisp razor refreshed on pasted balsa and buffalo leather. Managed a ccs result with 2 micro red spots. Good aftershaves.
20220414_100201.jpg

SOTD : 14th April 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Tabac Original Shaving soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D3)
Razor: Jagen David B30.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Last use of the Chinese Gillette Super Blue which has performed wonderfully throughout the week.

The J.D. B30 is another Chinese super-speed clone that was kindly passed on to me, another razor i haven't used much like the Baili BD177 i used in my previous SOTD ,it has a good weight & balance to it, the moving parts are all in smooth working order with no uneven blade alignment or aggression gap difference. Another great every day shaver.

It's been a while since i last used the Tabac shaving soap and forgot how much a wonderful slick protective lather this classic soap creates.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

View attachment 86766

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Nearly missed it, belated Happy Birthday.

View attachment 86766

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Whilst I know it's not your birthday, it's a shame to pass on these festivities.

Happy Birthday Chris!!

SOTD 14-April
20220413_173344.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Passiflora
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: GSB (3)

Well hopefully last shave before heading off to SA for a few weeks, and it was a good send off. The SiLVERTiP is brilliant, the brush is up there with some of my favourites already. The Karve E did an admirable job with a smooth irritation free finish.

All packed and ready to go, hope everyone has a grand Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

Whoops. Probably my sense if recent events which lead to me including 'it is my birthday'

My birthday is actually Christmas day but I will happily accept having a 'Queen's birthday' in the middle of the year. Since I wear my wife's underwear regularly I guess she would understand ;)

Thank you anyway
Why not. The Queen has two birthdays so The King Of Japanese Band SOTD’s should also have two!!

Back
Top Bottom