SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Razor = Merkur Progress 500 ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger From Bobby Moffat at Sawdust Creation Studios
Soap = Wickhams May Chang Exclusive to the Gentleman’s Groom Room Dundee with matching splash
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free
E6C1A680-3B72-40B1-BE78-45E459591568.jpeg
Another Top 10/10 shave today.
I acquired the razor last month on a bst and it was a razor i was looking at getting but for one reason or another i didn’t buy it so when it appeared on the bst i just had to have it.
Thankfully it’s turned in to one of my favourites.
The soap is everything you expect from Wickhams but i have to say the scent for me is better than the rest of the wickhams i have.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Evening all,

In a nod to a very kind gesture i have decided to use something someone sent to me instead of my intended Simpsons Shaving Cream (Caffe Latte). It was doubly welcome today as i have been rather unwell, nothing serious, cold i think. Have taken a test and it was negatory for COVID.

Prep, hot water and flannel
Razor, Rex Ambassador (6-3-2)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Brush, Boti
Soap, Noble Otter (Plunder)
A/S, Noble Otter (Plunder)
Music, Max Richer

Ok, so the soap. A very nice reassuring aroma, smoke / earthy / fire / rum. But smoke for sure. A little bit of work required to lather it up, i lathered from the soap to a bowl and then to my face. A nice slickness to it, went on easily enough. And provided a good surface to work on.

In light of the reputation for this and in my opinion other adjustables at the higher settings i did exercise some caution at setting 6 for the initial pass. You certainly know you're shaving and can feel it and hear it. The initial pass went well, nice and smooth. I did however notice two nicks when i went to apply the second layer of lather. These were in areas i have had issues before and were nothing to write home about. I dialled down to 3 and went across the grain with no issues, before finally going against the grain after applying another layer of lather.

I am extremely happy with the results. It feels to me an exceptionally clean and close shave. I now know that there is nothing to fear (notwithstanding complacency and incompetence) of using setting 6 for the initial pass. If i'm honest, i don't think i'd use 6 throughout as that may be a bridge too far. And why risk it when such good results can be obtained using the settings i've just done. I may also try and do this with a few days growth as well to see how that goes, but at the moment i really enjoy shaving so can't wait to do so.

The A/S was excellent as well.

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Wednesday AM 2022-04-13
On this date in 1970, astronauts on Apollo 13 announced, 'Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here'
4Yz9bvU.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving soap, preceded by First Lather
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave
KYCbSqf.jpg

7F6D24EE-FA1E-4831-9C89-B955A03884E1.jpeg
SOTD: 13/04/2022

Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another great shave, have a great day guys.

IMG_20220413_192607.jpgExecutive Shaving Outlaw
Polsilver
OUMO Finest
Declaration Grooming TSM Fougère soap and toner
Soundtrack: Johnny Marr Fever Dreams Parts 1-4

A bit of a crappy day today. Nothing major but glad to see the back of this one.
Thankfully managed to finished the day off with a great shave zoning out listening to 'my' God....

D8CB45C2-729F-4D80-A23A-C516FF83C20E.jpeg
A new arrival in the den - great condition 1924, with packs of original blades, sealed.
Paired with A&E Tertius and another recent acquisition, a Chubby No 2 in Best.
AB30B8BA-DA0B-4687-BB0A-1975E727F492.jpeg
Shave:
Straight three pass shave, no fiddling. Finish off with my home brew astringent mix. Can’t go wrong with this combo.

The 1924 shaves very much like a 1912, to my mind. Milder than any of the Micromatics, or the Shovelheads, at least in my collection.
Still not sure about the Chubby No 2. I thought the No 3 was overkill, but the No 2 is slightly smaller than I’d like. Nice backbone, no prickle to speak of, but I could do with a Chubby No 2 1/2, for preference.

Tuesday evening's shave thematically entitled 'Frank and Eddie go down the pub'

20220412_120518.jpg

The Volunteer Canteen - Colonial General V2
The Cabbage - Feather Super Professional
Your round mate - Yaqi Dandelion
Make mine a half - Extro Arancia

'Party? Why not old chap it is my birthday after all. Sod them all'

Said it elsewhere, but the V2 for me is the finest slim line AC razor on the planet. Accurate, quick, kind and gives nothing less than wonderfully fine shaves. Good God I even like the handle.

Nice to return to the Arancia and the endless jar of soap. Getting close to being 'finished' but never seems to get that final 'That is your fucking lot'. When it does though there is a virgin tub waiting in the wings.

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Top class shave with a top class finish. One deserving of a damn fine band of Japanese ladies to see you out........it just has to be the Beaver

Wednesday 13th April

Cream • Nivea Sensitive
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Schick Proline P (1)
Post • DeliPlus - N Locion Aftershave

My Hawk had been waiting patiently in a drawer, ready to be used. I have deliberately not used it for a few weeks, as I just wasn't reaching for any of my other razors.
I caved in tonight, and loaded a fresh Proline.
I like using this razor so much, that I honestly think I could part with all of my other razors (Timeless's included),and use it exclusively.
Nivea Sensitive Cream does a good enough job, but imo the lather isn't as stable or slick as that of the 'Original' variant. Still, for the princely sum of £1, it performs well enough.
Finished with a liberal splash of N Locion Aftershave, a real bargain from Spain - Hyperdino Supermarket @ €2.20 for 200ml, recommended to me by Iain, @Digimonkey

View attachment 86766

Said it elsewhere, but the V2 for me is the finest slim line AC razor on the planet. Accurate, quick, kind and gives nothing less than wonderfully fine shaves. Good God I even like the handle.

Nice to return to the Arancia and the endless jar of soap. Getting close to being 'finished' but never seems to get that final 'That is your fucking lot'. When it does though there is a virgin tub waiting in the wings.

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Top class shave with a top class finish. One deserving of a damn fine band of Japanese ladies to see you out........it just has to be the Beaver

Happy Birthday Chris!

View attachment 86766

The Yaqi? It's a brush

Happy Birthday Chris
Best Regards
Brian

Back
Top Bottom