SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Tuesday 12th April

AM-JKLWElEnH62sNW55OJ8k03_RW4oSYmQGxSDC9bvSqSfkOxd0M7q1h7XH1R8u_2qq_H3uK9U7fy_R14pOLkxbAqTDgpBHeobwjiKskv2hJBJhhbH6nKI7TNOVgopZJ0I68H_dWMsTlr46B9uryhflDpaJXrQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
BeeClean (Yorkshire Honey & Rapeseed) Peppermint Shaving Soap
ABW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion hypebeast & Gillette Fusion Cartridge (2)
Floïd (Black) Aftershave

Wed 13 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm
Excellent soap! A wonderfully aromatic tobacco scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
Missed my antique heavyweight razor! What a nice easy smooth and gentle razor...very comfortable edge after stopping on buffalo leather. Workday rush 2.5passes for an acceptable ccs/dfs finish without any issues. The matching aftershaves were perfect for a lasting aromatic scent...
20220413_095106.jpg

Wednesday 13th April

A little too long in bed has resulted in no photo for today!

Simpson Berkeley Badger Brush
Derby Stick
MARS Razor with a half Personna Platinum+ on setting 6
4711 AS

Having used a FaTip slant every day for the last 10 days I found this to be quite a mild shave...but still very efficient.
An excellent result in 3 passes

SOTD 13-Apr
20220412_133613.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: GSB (2)

Good shave this morning, picked up a silvertip, couldn't help myself, just had to see what the fuss was. Have to say I love it, definitely prefer this to the manchurian. The tips being a little softer and the hair itself being a little more yielding. Wish I had gone for this one from the off, I would say I wouldn't have gone for the manchurian but that would have been a lie, curiosity would have got the better of me.

Either which way, happy chappy and smooth for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 10/04/23
View attachment 86734
Hone Type 15 Rhodium Replate
Sebum Aqua
Leonidam Brush
Sebum Aqua Post-Shave Serum
View attachment 86735
I received my Hone Type 15 back from Razor Emporium a while ago, following their Rhodium revamp service and It turned out beautiful!
Was skeptical about the polished finish affecting the handle grip, but no lackluster issues to report on that front.
Thanks to @hdb3326 for the opportunity of acquiring the original stock type 15
That does look stunning and kind of what I’d hoped the steel version would be or offer a version of.

13/04/22
Pre - Cold water face wash with Pears TO
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
Wk 15 (5).JPG
Cold water shave today, not through choice, boiler on the blink.
It was very nice though and my skin feels great.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

13 April

Signature Soaps Leodis
PAA The Green Ray
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

57529A53-77E1-41E6-82BD-68E9280C038C.jpeg
Another wonderful lather from the Leodis using the soft synthetic Green Ray from PAA this morning. The Merkur slant razor does a fair job in two passes, but is, perhaps, not as close as it could be. A pretty good result, anyway.

That does look stunning and kind of what I’d hoped the steel version would be or offer a version of.
Thanks Lee!
I know Andrew was experiencing severe supply issues following Covid and the liquidation of the previous machining shop he outsourced to. Hence the 1 year delay bringing the 15s to market. I'm sure he will offer a polished steel later as an option.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Viking Blade Chieftain TTO / Wizamet SI #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 11 of 56
41dRPUaMpTL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tuesday:
I finished off the Nacet blade in the Gold Tech, still think it is far milder than many of my other Techs.
Had a super lather from the Løthur Tears. The soaps are definitely up there with the best of them (IMHO).

Wednesday:
Schick M2 with a Schick blade (7,5,5).
Random soap choices are making me dig to the back of the draw! I got a fairly decent lather, but not super-slick, even adding plenty more water. I've still ended up with a bloody good shave though.

Holibobs of doing absolutely Sweet FA upcoming for an extra-long weekend!

I'll be having a lie in tomorrow, but not Friday, as I'm dropping my son off at the airport early, early!

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_103725__01.jpg
    IMG_20220413_103725__01.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220412_102832__01.jpg
    IMG_20220412_102832__01.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2
Wed 13th April

RR 400.SE Plissoft noir
De Vergulde hand
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 6 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

The problem with having quite a few soaps, is the fact you neglect to use some of the good ones. Today I used this Dutch factory product, having forgotten just how good it is. A superb Lather made for one of those effortless quality Shaves that you had not expected .

9E7A89DC-A62A-4977-B45A-D4185C19FF33.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom