image.jpg ~SOTD~ 10th December Sunday

Prep ~ Shower, Donkey & Goat milk soap
Razor ~ Treet Stubby SE
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ Enriched Monsavon
Brush ~ Semogue OC Badger cherry wood
Post ~ None needed
Scent ~ Gurelain Mitsouko edp

My first use of my Monsavon that I tinkered with a few months ago, I added lanolin, coconut oil, Shea butter, coco butter and left to dry out.
It is now quite a firm soap that lathered up beautifully, it was as slick as slick can be and the post shave feel was fantastic.....no post shave balm needed! Result!
The Stubby Treet was a treat to use, easy to wizz around my face and gave a good shave.
A spray or two of the wonderful Mitsouko on my pulse points and I was good to go! :)

Have a great Sunday, but let's be careful out there!......:)

Last edited:
Greetings

Sunday 10th December 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Henckels Rapide
Blade: Henckles Rapide
Brush: Muhle XL Synthetic
Soap: Lea Stick (New Veggie Formula)
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent

These new Lea sticks without the tallow are, IMHO, considerably inferior to the old tallow version, last month whilst in the Canaries I noticed that of the three supermarkets I visited, one had the new version, one the old, and the third had both all mixed together on the shelf. The old tallow sticks I suspect will disappear from sale quite soon; a real shame.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 31618
It was you Dick that turned me on to Lea sticks with tallow when you kindly sent me one and I have since stocked up on the tallow version of this wonderful soap, as you say it will be a real shame when the old tallow sticks disappear. Stock up while you can. Paul.

The depressing truth is music doesn't seen to hold that much importance to them these days. I was going to say it's just another commodity to them but that would mean they are actually buying music. Which seems to foreign to them.
I'm not say all kids are like this but it doesn't seem to hold the same magic and passion we have for it.

From 10 years old music was my life and still is.

I know I come across as a sad, cynical old git but it's what I see and hear.:(

I remember the days, saving up money from the paper round, going down to Woolies to buy albums and the odd blank TDK tapes :)

Sunday 10th December

Olive Oil Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
P&B Spitfire Soap
Semogue LE 2010 TSN Silvertip Brush
Gold Dollar 300 6/8 Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Clubman Special Reserve AS/Cologne

A wonderful Sunday morning shave. The Gold Dollar was professionally prepared when I bought it a few years ago. The blade holds an edge really well and I have been able to maintain it easily using diamond spray. One of the reasons I hope to try one of their new offerings at some stage in the future.
3 passes for a BBS shave:)

The weather is pretty atrocious here at present. The largest overnight snowfall in the UK was recorded just a few miles down the road from me....and it is still snowing! I think a 'chill out ' day is in order!

1945e2cb71f35fe9d397fa3ec36804a85ed84848.jpeg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 ST
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria
Razor: Pal Adjustable
Blade: Proline B
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Rose of Bulgaria ASL
IMG_20171210_111454.jpg

A better performance from the adjustable today but the Summery Rose of Bulgaria did nothing to melt the three inches of snow outside.
Luckily I don't have to go out, good luck and take care if you do.

Last edited:
View attachment 31617 ~SOTD~ 10th December Sunday

Prep ~ Shower, Donkey & Goat milk soap
Razor ~ Treet Stubby SE
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ Enriched Monsavon
Brush ~ Semogue OC Badger cherry wood
Post ~ None needed
Scent ~ Gurelain Mitsouko edp

My first use of my Monsavon that I tinkered with a few months ago, I added lanolin, coconut oil, Shea butter, coco butter and left to dry out.
It is now quite a firm soap that lathered up beautifully, it was as slick as slick can be and the post shave feel was fantastic.....no post shave balm needed! Result!
The Stubby Treet was a treat to use, easy to wizz around my face and gave a good shave.
A spray or two of the wonderful Mitsouko on my pulse points and I was good to go! :)

Have a great Sunday, but let's be careful out there!......:)

Nice set up! Really grabs the eye.
Great idea enriching the soap that way and very glad to hear it worked out so well for you:)

Nice set up! Really grabs the eye.
Great idea enriching the soap that way and very glad to hear it worked out so well for you:)
Thankyou :) P. I have to say it was not entirely my idea, I however tinkered with the original idea and added my own twist to it. It can be found on the Soap section under Monsavon soap. :) P.

Last edited:
These new Lea sticks without the tallow are, IMHO, considerably inferior to the old tallow version, last month whilst in the Canaries I noticed that of the three supermarkets I visited, one had the new version, one the old, and the third had both all mixed together on the shelf. The old tallow sticks I suspect will disappear from sale quite soon; a real shame.

Having used both versions I would have to agree with you Dick. I was in Alicante a couple of months ago and the big retailers El Corte Ingles, Supermercado only had the new vegetarian version. You could find the tallow one in a few local grocers if you looked hard enough. Unfortunately the old version Lea Classic hard soap has gone the same way - I couldn't find any at all. It was all 'nueva formula.' I've got backups of both of the tallow soaps but it's a shame none the less.
Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom