SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

View attachment 101343

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Zenith Unbleached 507U XSE
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT
And the only sotd pic this week that wins the Escher memorial award. Good effort. :) - I.

PXL_20230224_201941249.jpg

Another shave with the Astra Keramik (fourth), and closer with this 7 o'clock head than with the Slim Adjustable on 7 and 5 yesterday.
The Arko is still superb too.
I really do like the mens' Aqua Manda and would use it more often if I had more part used bottles. Most of mine are still sealed and I like to preserve some of them.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: 7 o'clock Long Comb New
Blade: Astra Keramik
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Goya Aqua Manda for Men Extra Strong https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63f92221d581142156d56dbf

You are both alone. I was rather hoping the 3one6 or the Rocca was originally going to materialise as a Stainless 89, but alas not to be. And yet Muhle released the 41 in every metal known to man. Would be very nice if the 89 was treated much the same being as it is a far better all rounder.
Have to agree, a stainless 89 I would be all over. Even though I have my zamak (if that's the proper spelling ) razor that still looks new.
Even just the head as I prefer an 89 with a bulldog handle. (y)
Edit: or brass, I like brass razors for some reason. Do they feel warmer than ss. :unsure:.
I know brass has antiseptic properties, that's why door push plates and door knobs were made of brass.

Last edited:
And it is that time to say 'And my final entry for this week of SOTD's is.......' but I can also add 'And the penultimate entry for this week of SOTD's is......' That is because I am a lazy git and couldn't be bothered to write anything last night. So a two for the price of one SOTD arrives this evening themed, 'Two in to one (borders on perversion)'

Thursday

20230223_195448.jpg

Greek God - Lambda Athena
Sharp sod - Feather
Big bod - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Soap squad - Alvarez Gomez Barberia

'Come to me Mr Satan, let me take your love to bed'

Another fantastic shave from the Athena and it just gets better and better with each outing. Perfectly suited to the Feather and a wonderful synergy (wank word) between the two. Lather duties on this occasion lead by the Gomez and delivered by the face beating brass monster. And I still remain having an intact jawline.

After a couple of days of facial neglect a very welcome shave and a superb most comfortable three pass bit of sink time.

It's the weekend so it just has to be those Puffyshoes ladies from their 'Finally the Weekend' album.....

Friday

20230224_164758.jpg

Two in to one - Muhle R89
Spit roast - Feather
MMF - PAA Pelegrino
MFF - Signature Soaps Londinium
COF - L'Occitane Cade balm

'It's okay love, I'll give it a miss this time. Another pint mate'

I must say after the great shave from last night (see the above if you want to torture yourself once again) there wasn't really that much to shift this evening. And the best way to a simple buff up, reach for the 89. Totally at home with a Feather and a classic match.

I certainly didn't have to be retargeted (wank word) over the Londinium as I already knew how damn fine the stuff is. All to be lathered by the Pelegrino.

Quick, simple and a free of drama shave with a refreshed feeling. Super, smashing.

So it just takes me to say, I wish you all a wonderful weekend, I love you all and some more puffyshoes to end on......

Last edited:
I agree and moved mine on. I had been hoping for either a stainless steel DE89 or something more akin to a stainless Merkur head. Many love it though and I did want to be among their number but alas no.
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

View attachment 101343

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Zenith Unbleached 507U XSE
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT
Love Molton Brown,
it’s my go to Shower Gel.
Very underrated & British off course

A81044F6-DA4F-4CD2-9BFE-2E415BA0CC6D.jpeg
SOTD: 24/02/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Stainless Steel
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Boti Annual Ring
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Channel Allure Eau de Toilette

Well that was a real night and day shave in comparison to yesterday! I played with the angle more and slightly rode the cap and was rewarded with an excellent smooth shave! It’s definitely got a different level of aggression to the chromed version but once you hit it’s sweet spot you can still get an accurate and efficient shave!

Rockwell 6S Polished R3 | Treet Platinum | Hand-carved Ash & Cashmere | The Fat on Friday | Boot’s Freshwood AS | Essence Vault No. 290 (TF Tobacco Vanille)

View attachment 101331

A-polishing I did go and am now Captain Autosol with hands like I’ve been down t’pit!​

How do you find the Rockwell, in its more aggressive settings, compared to the R41?

And it is that time to say 'And my final entry for this week of SOTD's is.......' but I can also add 'And the penultimate entry for this week of SOTD's is......' That is because I am a lazy git and couldn't be bothered to write anything last night. So a two for the price of one SOTD arrives this evening themed, 'Two in to one (borders on perversion)'

Thursday

View attachment 101345

Greek God - Lambda Athena
Sharp sod - Feather
Big bod - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Soap squad - Alvarez Gomez Barberia

'Come to me Mr Satan, let me take your love to bed'

Another fantastic shave from the Athena and it just gets better and better with each outing. Perfectly suited to the Feather and a wonderful synergy (wank word) between the two. Lather duties on this occasion lead by the Gomez and delivered by the face beating brass monster. And I still remain having an intact jawline.

After a couple of days of facial neglect a very welcome shave and a superb most comfortable three pass bit of sink time.

It's the weekend so it just has to be those Puffyshoes ladies from their 'Finally the Weekend' album.....

Friday

View attachment 101350

Two in to one - Muhle R89
Spit roast - Feather
MMF - PAA Pelegrino
MFF - Signature Soaps Londinium
COF - L'Occitane Cade balm

'It's okay love, I'll give it a miss this time. Another pint mate'

I must say after the great shave from last night (see the above if you want to torture yourself once again) there wasn't really that much to shift this evening. And the best way to a simple buff up, reach for the 89. Totally at home with a Feather and a classic match.

I certainly didn't have to be retargeted (wank word) over the Londinium as I already knew how damn fine the stuff is. All to be lathered by the Pelegrino.

Quick, simple and a free of drama shave with a refreshed feeling. Super, smashing.

So it just takes me to say, I wish you all a wonderful weekend, I love you all and some more puffyshoes to end on......

Wank word!!! I sometimes wish I had tourettes and then could get away with shouting out WANK WORD PUFFYSHOES ! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom