SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

Just a quick one today lads...

No time for a photo shoot sadly.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: EJ 3one6 knurled
Blade: Astra Green #3
Soap: Cyril R Salter sublime Citrus
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf

Nice shave, odd spot of blood.... not sure any one else agrees or not but I do find the 3one6 to be at high end of mild going into aggressive.

PXL_20230224_112610710~2.jpg
SOTD February 24. 2023

Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Gillette Platinum
Soap - MWF - The Fat
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

Shave number four, this razor gives me little surprises every day, when cleaning and drying the razor today I noticed that the two posts that the blade slide over has the Lambda L etched or engraved on them, such attention to detail.
Anyway, the shave was nothing short of perfect, leaving me with baby smooth skin but I'm sure the MWF had a lot to do with this as well as using a great razor.
I am looking forward to using this razor and soap again tomorrow.

Until then,

Paul.

Last edited:
LIaFgKC.jpg

In a hurry so I forgot to include the Tuxedo brush. :whistle:

3rd shave on superb Gillette 7 O'Clock SS.
Epsilon Blue AS gifted to me.

Just a quick one today lads...

No time for a photo shoot sadly.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: EJ 3one6 knurled
Blade: Astra Green #3
Soap: Cyril R Salter sublime Citrus
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf

Nice shave, odd spot of blood.... not sure any one else agrees or not but I do find the 3one6 to be at high end of mild going into aggressive.
I agree and moved mine on. I had been hoping for either a stainless steel DE89 or something more akin to a stainless Merkur head. Many love it though and I did want to be among their number but alas no.

Fri 24th Feb

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin - Japan ( 12 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Still using a Twin Blade Razor, but this time an Injector. Was having a nice Shave, but got called to the phone. Luckily once the Shave was resumed all went well, the Lather was still good and though the blade was on its 12th outing the Shave was a delight - glad I still have a few of these blades left.

F1E0A6AC-0280-49C0-82D4-A49B01709832.jpeg

23-02-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi TFC Brass, Super Max (# 10) :: Morris & Forndran, Lapislazuli :: Barrister & Mann, Vespers :: Institut Karitè :: Floïd, The Genuine

5y6CBdp.jpg

24-02-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Tatara Muramasa, Super Max (# 11) :: Semogue Tatara, Finest badger :: Czech & Speake, Oxford & Cambridge :: Lea 3 en 1 :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

GfZqGqD.jpg

Salut!

I agree and moved mine on. I had been hoping for either a stainless steel DE89 or something more akin to a stainless Merkur head. Many love it though and I did want to be among their number but alas no.

You are not alone. I was rather hoping the 3one6 or the Rocca was originally going to materialise as a Stainless 89, but alas not to be. And yet Muhle released the 41 in every metal known to man. Would be very nice if the 89 was treated much the same being as it is a far better all rounder.

Last edited:
View attachment 101343

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Zenith Unbleached 507U XSE
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT
lovely setup... very close to what I will be using tomorrow. I dread to think what my shave will be like after Fat February finishes. I have been spoiled over the past month!

lovely setup... very close to what I will be using tomorrow. I dread to think what my shave will be like after Fat February finishes. I have been spoiled over the past month!
Cheers for that. Yes I’ve been really enjoying using the Fat, my face has been reaping the benefits of it. I’ve not got bored of using it at all but as I have a limited selection of razors my SOTD photos have been a little samey.

Back
Top Bottom