SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

SOTD: 18th February 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving soap.
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Statum Platinum Chrome, another blade that was kindly sent to me by @pjgh along with the Ninja Stainless.

The verdict?..WOW! The Statum Platinum Chrome are excellent, which my mature rhino skin type likes and paired together with the dependable Merkur 37C slant wonderfully. The characteristics of the SPC feel like an hybrid of the Treet 7 Days Platinum/Dorco prime platinum the smoothness of the Dorco PP with the assertiveness of the Treet TDP.

Another wonderfully smooth efficient blade that i've instantly liked after the first shave.

They have made an instant good impression on me, that i will be breaking my "No Buy Shaving Restraint" and place an order for some later today on Ebay as a very early birthday present to myself. Another fantastic sub-continent blade which will be added to my increasingly growing sub-continent DE blade collection.

I will pair them together with my other razors in future shaves to see if I get the same results I've had with my 37C slant shaving results.

After the first pass with them i knew they were suited to my skin type, feeling smooth & efficient.

I tend to like platinum, chrome, & teflon coated blades as I tend to find after the first shave they feel noticeably smoother. However, this could also be yours truly familiarizing to the blade in question.

I've done some research on Platinum/Chrome coated blades and it states that Chrome blades have less chromium in them than Stainless Steel blades, but since i personally only I'm using the blades for a 2-4 shaves max it doesn't make a huge difference since neither of them is going to rust in a short space of time.

As always, wet shaving soft/hardware is always a very subjective topic. YMMV.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
20230218_070039.jpg

Rare early morning shave for me today, ahead of a family trip into the big smoke.

It's the end of my shaving week, so the last shave with the R41 Twist and this Shark blade. All I can really say about this combination is that today was shave number 6 and I had 1 1/2 days' growth. Despite both of these facts my face is now BBS smooth after 2 passes and a little tidying. No tugging. No irritation. Smooth and efficient.

Now it's time to put this razor away and choose next week's weapon..

18/02/23
Str8 shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - 6/8 Goedecke & Co Mandarin "unrivalled extra hollow ground"
Edge - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 08 (1).JPG
I am very happy with the edge i managed to put on this razor, Sharp and smooth without any harshness.
A wonderful shave today from my 2 pass shave routine with some touch up on the throat.
The lather was a bit thicker than i like for the first pass due to the amount of soap this brush picks up from the off. The second pass and touch ups were just about perfect.
I did get a slight bit of indication here and there from the splash, however, it was very fleeting.
Nice that, nigh on BBS all over.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sat 18th February

Jayaruh Syn No67
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick I1
Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 3 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My last two Shaves have been with Twin Bladed Carts, but today with an Injector with Twin blades.The Injector wins hands down, nice and smooth and able to assess progress of Shave. The finish was close all round and actual Shave time a lot quicker than both of the Carts.

IMG_0379.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt230218said0.jpg

- Noble Otter Two Kings
- Simpson "Emperor" 1
- Rex Envoy with ASP blade
- Majestät aftershave

:D

SOTD 18-Feb
20230218_110700.jpg
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MWF
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

Cracking shave this morning, that's it whenever I use MWF I'm using a boar. Either this one or my lemon drop brush just make this thing explode with zero effort and minimal load time. The badgers do the job obviously but it's just so much easier with these brushes.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

I have nothing but trouble with the Fat and a boar. But I think we established that my Kent cake may be from a dodgy batch. Now I have bloomed it with RO water I have got a stable lather (at least for long enough to get one pass done) but that's with a synth. I'll try again tomorrow with a boar and see.

This was today. Birthday Flare tip and 3rd run on the Wilkinson Sword

20230218_080345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom