SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

25th February 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap Bowl.
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Schick G type Injector - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel. /Adidas Extreme Power EdT.

Greetings,

Another one of my eclectic shave set ups to start the weekend off with a superb start. Last week of my sub-continent blade focus. Finishing it off with my new firm favourite blade pairing it up with with the Parker 55SL making another wonderfully smooth efficient razor/blade duo.

Derby & Arko have become my go to soap choices for my head shaves. The slickness, protection & post shave feel that both of these humble soaps provide is excellent.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Adidas Extreme Power EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sotd 25.02

Pre shave PAA cube
Soap PAA chocolate bourbon CK-6
Splash PAA chocolate bourbon
Balm PAA chocolate bourbon star jelly
Alum bloc

Bowl wet the face
Brush PAA starcraft
Razor karve stainless OC-D
Blade Gillette nacet 1st use

Morning folks went for a PAA shave this morning and decided to use chocolate bourbon really nice scent that filled the bathroom also used the karve and paired with the Nacet a perfect combo all round a really good shave
Have a great weekend
20230225_071841.jpg20230225_072306.jpg

Saturday 25th February
InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Plus Platinum #3 - Yaqi Moka Express - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
0DBsYSF.jpg

SOTD: 25/02/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Green, 1st use
Brush: Unknown Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Fougere Nemeta Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Fougere Nemeta Aftershave
Balm: Harry's Balm

I'm back on the SOTD horse. Enthusiasm has been waining for various reasons, life just happens sometimes.

I should know by now never to shave against the grain on my face, my skin cannot take it. I should especially know not to do it with a new blade.

All is not lost, I now smell wonderful to me thanks to the soap and splash. Another plus is the wife says we won't have to queue at the supermarket as my smell will clear the shop.

48E3ECD8-75BA-4DCC-AFE9-0A98C7BCF749.jpeg

25/02/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose (Sample)
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 09 (1).JPG
Ok Then,
I was really looking forward to trying the MDC Rose soap sample kindly gifted by @Paul L, the original sniff of the packet had me sold on the sent, although i do have something very similar in the den from @BrianH and Signature soaps - the Leodis or Coria Maybe? (Rose & Geranium in both)
I actually used a bit too much soap and ended up with vast amounts of lather for which was basically a planned 2 pass shave. The scent is really nice and very natural, the lather was slick and creamy. Yes, its a very nice soap.
The shave itself was nice and easy without any errors, i do like the Pro-guard in the Kia, it makes it a very comfortable razor.
As i had plenty of lather in the brush and bowl i had a nice face wash in it before my cold water rinse.
I do like the MDC splash, although i did get some fleeting indication on the cheeks. Not a match for the soap, but very nice all the same.
The Rub!
Would i buy a full tub? the jury is out. I may succumb once my soap mountain starts to dwindle - maybe around 2033
Is it 4 times better than Signature soap - for me its a big NO. Controversial? I think not, its just my opinion. Save your money and check out @BrianH 's wares.
I do have a few more samples to try because of the great generosity of our members and do look forward to trying them out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

25/02/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose (Sample)
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
View attachment 101356
Ok Then,
I was really looking forward to trying the MDC Rose soap sample kindly gifted by @Paul L, the original sniff of the packet had me sold on the sent, although i do have something very similar in the den from @BrianH and Signature soaps - the Leodis or Coria Maybe? (Rose & Geranium in both)
I actually used a bit too much soap and ended up with vast amounts of lather for which was basically a planned 2 pass shave. The scent is really nice and very natural, the lather was slick and creamy. Yes, its a very nice soap.
The shave itself was nice and easy without any errors, i do like the Pro-guard in the Kia, it makes it a very comfortable razor.
As i had plenty of lather in the brush and bowl i had a nice face wash in it before my cold water rinse.
I do like the MDC splash, although i did get some fleeting indication on the cheeks. Not a match for the soap, but very nice all the same.
The Rub!
Would i buy a full tub? the jury is out. I may succumb once my soap mountain starts to dwindle - maybe around 2033
Is it 4 times better than Signature soap - for me its a big NO. Controversial? I think not, its just my opinion. Save your money and check out @BrianH 's wares.
I do have a few more samples to try because of the great generosity of our members and do look forward to trying them out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
It reminded me of Coria too, Tony.
Like you, the initial outlay on just one soap is a step too far - you could have 3-4 very good soaps for the price.

SOTD 25-Feb
20230224_152217.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Boar
Soap: MWF
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent enough shave this morning with the forgotten fatboy, picked one up a while ago but the slim took pride of place. I'm not a massive fan of the shorter handle but it does the job.

Back onto the boar today and just as good (if not better) but with less effort, love it!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday February 25, 2023
Razor: 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Unbranded Vintage Burma Shave Boar
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Fresh Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,573

Been busy lately. Lost an Aunt I was close to that lived in New Mexico this week. It's been a rough 10 months between losing my Mother in Law in April and then my Stepdad (more a Father) in Nov and now this. Also getting things in order before I have surgery to help me breath better hopefully. Septoplasty as well as a valve implant requiring a graft taken from behind my ear. That will be Wednesday March 1st. Have Gotham The Five Points Soap and Splash coming as a gift from Pasteur's Pharmacy I believe on Monday, so I may do a video on Tuesday morning to get the review done before the surgery. Hoping I can keep my string of Consecutive shaves going after the surgery but we will see. I was able to do it after shoulder surgery(left handed) but unsure of swelling etc with this so playing it by ear. Have a great day everyone ! No Pic Today.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom