SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

Saturday AM 2023-02-25
The 'insanity plea' was first used in a trial on this date in 1859, Washington, DC
eawblIZ.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Horn Finest (22/48)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (14)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
fCen0kQ.jpg
88giKDx.jpg

Saturday February 25, 2023
Razor: 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Unbranded Vintage Burma Shave Boar
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Fresh Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,573

Been busy lately. Lost an Aunt I was close to that lived in New Mexico this week. It's been a rough 10 months between losing my Mother in Law in April and then my Stepdad (more a Father) in Nov and now this. Also getting things in order before I have surgery to help me breath better hopefully. Septoplasty as well as a valve implant requiring a graft taken from behind my ear. That will be Wednesday March 1st. Have Gotham The Five Points Soap and Splash coming as a gift from Pasteur's Pharmacy I believe on Monday, so I may do a video on Tuesday morning to get the review done before the surgery. Hoping I can keep my string of Consecutive shaves going after the surgery but we will see. I was able to do it after shoulder surgery(left handed) but unsure of swelling etc with this so playing it by ear. Have a great day everyone ! No Pic Today.......
So sorry to here of your Loss dave,
My thoughts are with you & your family.
Good Luck with your Operation i hope to see you back here fit & healthy.
All the very best to you

Last edited:
Thank you Tony, it’s truly appreciated. At the end of the day I agree there is a limit to how much customers are prepared to pay. There is a pricing dilemma for small batch shaving soap producers relatively new on the scene. The Artisan makers who were “first” to enter the market were able to charge higher prices as a consequence of inelastic supply and demand. If they entered the market now, with more excellent producers there is no way they could charge inflated premiums for what are comparable shaving soaps.
I question whether MDC is worth the money,
Yes it seems to last forever but so does most triple milled soaps & lets be honest most of us on here don’t want soaps that last for ever, we all want to try different things

Last edited:
Fragrance:

Been busy lately. Lost an Aunt I was close to that lived in New Mexico this week. It's been a rough 10 months between losing my Mother in Law in April and then my Stepdad (more a Father) in Nov and now this. Also getting things in order before I have surgery to help me breath better hopefully. Septoplasty as well as a valve implant requiring a graft taken from behind my ear. That will be Wednesday March 1st. Have Gotham The Five Points Soap and Splash coming as a gift from Pasteur's Pharmacy I believe on Monday, so I may do a video on Tuesday morning to get the review done before the surgery. Hoping I can keep my string of Consecutive shaves going after the surgery but we will see. I was able to do it after shoulder surgery(left handed) but unsure of swelling etc with this so playing it by ear. Have a great day everyone ! No Pic Today.......
My condolences, Dave

Started with the fourth shave of the London Bridge. Although still cutting I was finding it a bit rough. The Astra Keramik was loaded in the same razor to compare and it is still very smooth as I complete its fifth shave! This is longer than I get from most blades. I don't eek out the last possible shave. When the performance drops or irritation starts I bin it.
Would actually like to start on some of the Indian blades I've been gifted and the vintage Spoilers but there's still another shave to try with this Astra Keramik, or more! It's a shame they don't make them anymore.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Astra Keramik
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Wars Classic https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63fa71efd581142156d56dda

Fragrance:

Sorry you've been through a lot. Wishing you the best

Fragrance:

So sorry to hear of your loss Dave and you certainly have been through the mill of recent.

I wish you the best of comfort you can achieve and stay as well as you can in every respect.

Back
Top Bottom