SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

Friday AM 2023-03-03
World Wildlife Day
9byP4nm.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Diamondback
Personna 74 Tungsten (20)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
zai2YXC.jpg
kE59Gwe.jpg

SOTD Friday 03 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Razo Rock Game Changer .84
Blade: Treet Carbon steel (day 1).
EDC: Trumper's Havana.

3-3-23 (2).jpg

A lovely 2 pass shave; with a DFS+/BBS- finish, with no issues. My first run out with this soap - and it did not dissapoint: the wonderful clean scents when I opened the lid; great protective lather; smooth glide and post shave skin feel.

The Game Changer .84 was a treat in the late summer (that sounds much better than late night internet shopping after a few cans and some fine malt whiskey :) ) - for me a solid razor, on a par with the Above the Tie, M base-plate. The Myrsol K, as ever gave a pleasurable finish.

SWMBO loves the Havanah - a few sprays to pacify her - amazingly it worked, for a few minutes :) .

All the best,

Chris

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive/SI
vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons silvertip/Klar Kabinett shaving soap
Lucky Tiger after shave
Bvlgari 'Black' EdT

This now extinct frag has gone crazy price wise the last year or so. Selling for 2-3 times more from before it went away. I've huffed a few versions and I like the latest and last incarnation the most, compared to an earlier one with more 'rubber' going on.

BBS results,

Martin

My final entry for this week of SOTD's and this one ends the past seven days themed, 'The end of the week as we know it. An apocalyptic shave'

20230303_100757.jpg

In fact he came with a single bladed sword razor

Revelation razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Soothsayer sharp bit - Schick Proline
Bane brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Cataclysm cream - Captain Fawcett's
End of times (end of shave) - Pure moisturiser

'Satan. A story of a friendly nice man and picnics'

And yet another morning bit of sink time. It must be the new me, but I doubt it as I am incapable of being new or reinventing myself. I am just an ageing stuck in the mud. I am in essence, pathetic, but nicely pathetic. As my wife said 'You are a very simple nice man with a most twisted disturbing mind. A kind of Satanfriendly'. And hence......

The Hawk V3. A very nice razor and no twisted disturbing bits. Personally I think it shaves a little rough but still manages to deliver a superb finish. Very well matched to the Proline which for some reason doesn't have much of a fan club, but it has me and my love. Which rather reminds me, I love you all.

The Fawcett's. A cracking soap which I am always surprised doesn't appear in more SOTD's. Deserves more love. But it gets mine.

And the end of days end of day was a great shave and the smoothest face in my household. In due consideration I am on my own, that doesn't say too much. A big happy bunny? Indeed I am.

It's a Friday, it's finally the weekend and what more could you ever want? Puffyshoes? Thank you, my pleasure, have some then

And wishing you all a most wonderful weekend

Having watched Sig Solo's latest video it gave me the urge to use my Hawk V3. Although mine is the aggressive plate and I don't know how it compares. Are the standard plates available separately I wonder? Wouldn't mind trying one just to understand what the difference is.

Anyway I had a great shave with it today, although I had a good one yesterday too with my '69 flare tip and an Astra SP so the Hawk didn't have too much to do. Very smooth now. The Oumo knot really suits the original Rubberset 400 handle. My favourite brush at the moment.
20230304_090607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom