SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

Hi Brian

It felt as smooth as the non folding Feather.
I think getting used to holding it correctly will be a learning curve (cack-handedness is my forte!) Angle of attack will come with practice no doubt.
The angle of attack will be the same as your non folding Paul, you just have to find a comfortable position to hold the scales, most of mine are non folding but when I do use the folding type I will sometimes open it right up and it just becomes an extension and I hold as if I'm holding a non folding. I'm sure you will find the best way for you to hold it in use. Good luck and may the fat be with you! :)

Paul.

Sticking with the soap and brush from yesterday but back to DE as I need to refresh the edges on my straights.
In fact, as the brush is synthetic and I had loaded it so heavily yesterday I left the soap on and didn't even need to go back to the tub for my 3 passes today!

The new Astra SP worked a treat in the flare tip, a little smoother than the Wilkies I tried it with first. Had a really nice shave today.
20230303_080048.jpg

03/03/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes - Sample.
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 09 (7).JPG
I was looking forward to trying the Agrumes sample thanks to a very generous Jed @Borygmi for sending this me sample.
I do like a nice citrus scent, 1st sniff of the packet has my interest piqued. Quite a light, bright scent.
I lathered it in the Captain Copper bowl and the scent was a very natural, sweet lemon forward with a bit of the Bergamot following up, yes, i do like this one. Lots of nice glossy lather for the shave, maybe i overdid it again.
The 7o'C Sharpedge in the polished PILS works really well. The PILS is a lovely razor to use, i think that's why i have 2 :p, they are mild but very efficient and not as angle precise as say the Feather D2 options. They are not often seen these days on SOTD's
3 passes today as i had the lather and the PILS allows you to do this in total comfort. A very easy BBS, face feeler finish.
I still had a lot of lather left so i had a wonderful face wash in it basking in the natural sweetness of the soap.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the MDC Limette splash, which is quite a good pairing with the soap.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

03/03/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes - Sample.
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
View attachment 101696
I was looking forward to trying the Agrumes sample thanks to a very generous Jed @Borygmi for sending this me sample.
I do like a nice citrus scent, 1st sniff of the packet has my interest piqued. Quite a light, bright scent.
I lathered it in the Captain Copper bowl and the scent was a very natural, sweet lemon forward with a bit of the Bergamot following up, yes, i do like this one. Lots of nice glossy lather for the shave, maybe i overdid it again.
The 7o'C Sharpedge in the polished PILS works really well. The PILS is a lovely razor to use, i think that's why i have 2 :p, they are mild but very efficient and not as angle precise as say the Feather D2 options. They are not often seen these days on SOTD's
3 passes today as i had the lather and the PILS allows you to do this in total comfort. A very easy BBS, face feeler finish.
I still had a lot of lather left so i had a wonderful face wash in it basking in th natural sweetness of the soap.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the MDC Limette splash, which is quite a good pairing with the soap.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Love the Pils razor, certainly in my top ten of razor's! :)

Paul.

Friday 3rd

Tabac Original
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Schick Proline
Tabac Original

Hello Folks…it’s been too long.

View attachment 101694

It's good to have you back.

3/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Tabac tallow
Brush - Yaqi G4 20mm
Razor - Gillette FB New
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (5)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Wars Protect

IMG_20230303_115705.jpg

Thursday March 3, 2023
Razor: Karve Aluminum Overlander
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Jason Custom/Cashmere
Soap: London Razors Coffee and Contemplation
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2:
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,579
r1KLk3l.jpg

SOTD Thursday 02 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Valentia Hybrid Shaving Soap Sandalwood, Vetiver and Bergamot.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (day 3).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol 'K', Musgo Real Aftershave Balm.

It's been a while since I have posted on SOTD; sadly I lost my father in July and my mother develped life changing brain injuries. While there have been difficult days, the cermony of wet shaving and dropping in here for a look every now and then lifted my spirits. Life is by no means bad, and I appreciate that others face a much more difficult journey.

A great 2 pass shave with a DFS - many thanks to @BrianH - the Valentia is a lovely soap - great protective lather, glide and the scent, simply wonderful :).

The Blackland Lite is a great addition to the den; for me, it is a great daily driver - very smooth and kind on the skin. The Myrsol has a lovely kick - I'm getting very low and not sure how I can replace this once it is gone.

All the best,

Chris
So sorry to read of this, Chris. Great to see you posting again and especially that the ceremony of wet shaving is able to lift your spirits. @Blademonkey put it so much better than I.

SOTD 03-Mar
View attachment 101687
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Rubie

Excellent shave, its remarkable how well old soaps continue to preform as if no time has passed. Brilliant scent and lather, along with the efficient old. Haven't gone on the hunt for the vintage AS just yet but give it time!

Hope everyone has a grand day and a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc
You deserve a bottle to match that marvellous kit. Send me a PM and I'll sort you out a PIF.;):cool:

Back
Top Bottom