SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

Mitchell's Monday!

Monday 6th February

AMWts8CgEpfZLVo_bMq3BDrPjgB0255wTKcSZQXKteOCSIR2-ZUtrpPD6PtVRpZEYcou-heUnQvM4Vx2GQQYO1MAx0EfTCFr5d9iA_AfAGpjLU_0zM35EXm0lCyqDRAosFG-wZ2j5s_VJ8CpprD6fMzoEDYiNw=s800

AKA That's no moon!

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Marvellous Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Birch & Rise Stainless (1)
Brut Splash-On

Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
Wouldn't you like to glide in my beautiful balloon?
We could float among the stars together, you and I
For we can fly
Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon
The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky
For we can fly
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us on
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us, keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dreams across the sky
For we can fly
Up and away, up, up and away, up, up and away

Translate to Chinese

I fancied a reset with a known-good stainless blade and my first thought went to SuperMax as I'm progressing through a number of (new) sub-continent blades and comparisons do seem to be related to SuperMax; the king whose crown these blades are trying to topple ... and so I popped one of the esoteric Rise Stainless blades into my razor. Rather than a regular SuperMax Stainless my reason for picking the Rise was to see if my memory of this blade as near perfect still held true.

Yup! Top notch ... absolutely, a perfect line between sharp and smooth. I have arguably better stainless blades in my repertoire, such as the PermaSharp Super or the Silver Star Stainless or the Rhino Stainless, but they're all a tad more sharp and a tad less smooth. The Rise is (again) absolutely perfect for a mere stainless blade.

I could be wrong ... I could be right?

Last edited:
Mitchell's Monday!

Monday 6th February

AMWts8CgEpfZLVo_bMq3BDrPjgB0255wTKcSZQXKteOCSIR2-ZUtrpPD6PtVRpZEYcou-heUnQvM4Vx2GQQYO1MAx0EfTCFr5d9iA_AfAGpjLU_0zM35EXm0lCyqDRAosFG-wZ2j5s_VJ8CpprD6fMzoEDYiNw=s800

AKA That's no moon!

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Marvellous Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Birch & Rise Stainless (1)
Brut Splash-On

Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
Wouldn't you like to glide in my beautiful balloon?
We could float among the stars together, you and I
For we can fly
The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky
For we can fly
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us on
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us, keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dreams across the sky
For we can fly
Up and away, up, up and away, up, up and away

Translate to Chinese

I fancied a reset with a known-good stainless blade and my first thought went to SuperMax as I'm progressing through a number of (new) sub-continent blades and comparisons do seem to be related to SuperMax; the king whose crown these blades are trying to topple ... and so I popped one of the esoteric Rise Stainless blades into my razor. Rather than a regular SuperMax Stainless my reason for picking the Rise was to see if my memory of this blade as near perfect still held true.

Yup! Top notch ... absolutely, a perfect line between sharp and smooth. I have arguably better stainless blades in my repertoire, such as the PermaSharp Super or the Silver Star Stainless or the Rhino Stainless, but they're all a tad more sharp and a tad less smooth. The Rise is (again) absolutely perfect for a mere stainless blade.

I could be wrong ... I could be right?

Top tune! :)

Paul.

Welcome onboard my little tug boat and tales from the lower decks are to be told with the theme, 'Leather posing pouches and Leather straps'. Very typical seaman type banter.

20230206_184840.jpg

Leatherhead - Rocnel Elite
Leather posing pouch - Captain Fawcett's
Leatherneck - Feather
Leatherback - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Leather soap - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Leather buff - Botanics moisturiser
Leather Strapping - Me please, me please
Watching the local news this evening and they were doing an article along the North Lincolshire coast, and there I was pulling in the background! I just hope it was a good display.

The shave

A travel shave while away at work and the Rocnel Elite. I can't say a Feather is the best match and a few weepers along the way, but nothing to cry about. Even if I did. I always want to look my best for the crew and give the 60+ brigade a better name than just 'Sod off you ugly old fart'. I am just that, but I try.

Outside of the few weepers an acceptable finish and far better than not having a facial clean and trim. A sterling show from the team lather and feeling good and looking dapper.
'You ugly old fart'

And over to those Beaver girls with a message for the older degeneration....

And I love you all

Q5deRo0.png

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 OC / Schick Proline / AP Shave Co. 24mm 2BED Synthetic / DG Yuzu Rose Patchouli Shave Soap & AS
I picked up two new RazoRock Artist Club single edge razors, the V3 standard and the V3.open comb. The open comb version is quite aggressive and requires close attention (for me), but is extremely efficient – so efficient it could be an effective potato peeler.

SOTD: 7th February 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10019.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Ninja Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Gummy Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne. / Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

Every traditional wet shaver should experience shaving with a slant bar razor. I for one was very hesitant about purchasing one, thinking you had to master a entirely different shaving method, because of the slant angle, how stupidly mistaken i was, on my maiden shave with both the 37c & it's bigger sister the 39c became a instant joy to shave with.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 07-Feb
20230206_154118.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: MWF
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Good shave this morning, love this brush. The size is right for the hand, the hair gives a bit of scrub when you put pressure down but it's soft when you ease up, can't complain!

Trying to kill off this thayers Rose, just a small bottle that's been kicking around. It's good but the scent isn't for me. It obviously doesn't last five minutes but I don't look forward to it like I do with the lemon.

Still strong with the fat, I've been abusing one of the pucks so seeing a dent being made is a bit of a motivator.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

07/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: Highlander Chubby SynBad
Soap: B&M Atomic Holiday

20230207_080754.jpg

After 3 shaves with the Greencult 2.0 I had fine finishes. The downfall of this razor is its weight. The supplied handle is a hefty chunk of stainless steel! It has good grip. The result of the weight is the requirement to be very light in handling the razor during the shave or irritation is bound to follow.

Today I swapped the handle for the Timeless Ti Crown handle. It suddenly became much more nimble. I'll keep this handle on whilst I make the switch to the III plate.

Back
Top Bottom