SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

IHY6kp4.png

Gillette ‘58 D2 Tech, Stando Svarga Handle / Nacet / Oumo 28mm SILK/Manchuria / DG Fake Yellow Light Shave Soap & AS​
This post-war tech is the mildest razor I own. The heavy brass handle adds a little muscle.

75309A2D-8C87-4D0D-BF0D-0E5F08423C79.jpeg
SOTD: 07/02/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Dior Savage Eau de Toilette

As you said Dan @ATG plate six was a step up but a smooth and efficient. The 6s is a severely underrated razor on my part, I’d feared the top plates would be as strong as a blackbird but this was night and day. I still think 3/4 is my sweet spot but it’s good to know 5 and 6 are there for heavy growth days and not to be feared. The shave was as smooth as some of my AC razors.

Attachments

• A64F0039-D7FD-48C6-A6BC-B5C88F67B270.jpeg
    A64F0039-D7FD-48C6-A6BC-B5C88F67B270.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
Dear Paul,

It's pitiful and heartbreaking seeing you mostly using some less than skin flaying type razors much anymore. Got em locked away in the 'Museum' or whatever it's called. Pretty damn boring now Paul but it's fine, it's fine.

Secured in smashable glass cabinets. Break glass in the event of needing a proper shave.

You'll be shocked and appalled to know that I grew a beard in your absence! Worse still, the path back was carved with a cartridge razor! Tools for the job ... I'm enjoying trying out some DE blades I've not used before, so really ... I need to use a DE. I'll be back on the window scrapers soon enough.

570154A8-7670-441E-B652-A79A836B7929.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Polsilver S.I. (2)
OSP Barbershop
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

I purchased the Sticky as NOS a few months ago, shaved with it a few times, but didn’t really click. Having set it aside for a while, I have used it for the past few days and have found to enjoy it, enormously. The shave is incredibly mild, next to zero blade feel. It delivers a clean and close, effortless shave in 3 passes.

It’s a great everyday razor. Which is what it was probably designed to be

Cheers.

A 4 star shave tonight, no one to blame but myself. My new Tiers Issard came in and I was hoping a good stropping would do the job. Survey said........ X....... Definitely will be hitting the 12000 and my Barbers hone followed by 100 on the leather. Finished the shave with my Parker 55SL SC (semi-slant) Nacet blade, 5th shave with the blade, it went to the grave following the shave this evening.
Other than a little tugging with the TI, all went well. The wife liked the aftershave I had made and told me to make more. We shall see what happens and how the scent matures after a month.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Thiers Issard Bucephale
Blade: Nacet Stainless
Brush: Vulfix #1040
Pre-Shave: Vikings Blade Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Lather: The Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave: OSC Sandalwood and Vanilla
Additional Care:
MK Aftershave Cooling Gel
Vikings Blade Forest Frost Balm
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
20230207_195251.jpg

Wed 8
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Ribbon 1000
Super lather from this soap! Richly creamy and slick. The scent, strengthened by the matching splash was really good!
This razor's edge was put through the 0.1 umbrella balsa 30x, then stropped on the Kanayama. The resulting shave was very smooth, crisp, and enjoyable...3passes for a bbs-ccs finish, nice!!
20230208_134243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom