SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

SOTD 10-Feb
20230207_101049.jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm
Soap: MWF
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

A decent one this morning, took the angle on the neck a bit skew on the ATG pass and it let me know. Crazy as that's a pretty difficult thing to do with this razor, clearly wasn't thinking. Calmed down by the thayers for a good smooth finish.

Happy Friday all, hope you have a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Fri 10
Soap CBL Tonsorial Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Love the aromatic scent of this soap. The lather is creamy and very slick too. Good pairing with my favorite Clubman.
An excellent shave with this razor. Freshly strop on the 0.1um balsa and Kanayama, the edge is really crisp yet soft & smooth. 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish with some red spots today due to being in a hurry...
20230210_163959.jpg

Fri 10th February

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A nice relaxed Shave after a very thorough pre wash with a glycerine soap , as my skin getting very dry from Central Heating. That extra bit of prep seemed to help execution of a hassle free Shave, with a nice quality finish.

1CE48D9D-6FFD-44B7-84AE-C5CC1C0325BA.jpeg

And my final entry for this week of SOTD's.. this shave arrives accompanied by the theme, 'Enlightenment

20230209_163805.jpg

Sotapanna - Ikon B1
Sakadagami - Polsilver Iridium
Anagami - Razorock 400
Arahant - Murdock's cream
Quilt covers - M&S Spiced Amber

'Enlightenment? Work you bastard!'

I was making the bed the other day and I'll tell you what enlightenment is. Getting an ill fitting quilt inside an incorrect sized duvet cover. When you can get it to lay flat minus the lumps and bumps then you will have succeeded in understanding the universe and reached the height of enlightenment. QED

The enlightenment of shaving. When you can use an Ikon B1 without drawing blood. This shave was my Zen moment for this week (I have a weekly Zen moment) and came finely delivered with all my chakras in perfect alignment. Ommm.

This Ikon really is my height in razordom. It just never fails me. Time after time a perfect shave and as close as I could wish for without feeling uncomfortable. It may threaten on occasions, but be at one with the razor and the universe will make sense. Okay it won't in the bigger picture, but my bigger picture just happens to be very small.

Nice to get the Murdock's cream out once again if only to prove life isn't all hard. Super stuff and a nice facial creaming with the 400. For some reason the M&S Spiced Amber is my scent for the moment. A cheap travel bottle bought on a whim which has captured my sulphurous heart.

All jn all a great end to the week and a wonderful entry in to the weekend.

I won't say I love you all this time around, I'll let these girls do it for me.....

IMG_2654.jpg

Continuing this year's theme of using milder razors just because they're easier, was this lovely shave with my 34C, Semogue and Mitchell's. Nice and easy does it.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Butterscotch Boar
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Hermes Terre D'Hermes
Bowl: Face lather

Happy weekend everyone! :)

Razor = Gillette King C
Blade = Brazilian Gillette ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Dr Harris Lavender Shave Stick
Splash = Nivea Deep
Balm = Arko Fresh
45440A29-5D81-41BB-8281-04B187347971.jpegBrilliant shave today

i know i’m getting fed up using the same stuff but today that sort of changed.
The shave was just too drawer & using more expensive products couldn’t have made this any better.
it was one of these 10/10 shaves i get so often.
Iv had a few Brazilians since iv been here but this one was only the second use :ROFLMAO:
and definitely better than the first.
The Soap for me is a classic,
why o why did we all stop using sticks to buy products that are not better,
now to our detriment they are like hens teeth.
iv used this one on a few occasions & it really is a top performer.
The scent is class & the strength just suits it down to a T.
Again iv curbed the spending slightly to focus on trying to use up what i have and to be fair i must have enough sticks to last a lifetime so it makes sense to get them used up.
That’s me off to bed 08.20 Boring & dull i know but there you go
Adios Amigos
Stay Safe

Friday February 10, 2023
Razor: Shake Sharp
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Stuart/Timberwolf
Soap: Arrefa Kentucky Bourbon Shaving Cream
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,558

So today was the smear cream on the face and lather method (I may do the palm lather method another time as it was recommended) I got a similar but better lather and think it may be due to the combinaton of using the synthetic brush and using less water than when I bowl lathered. A nice shave was had with a favorite vintage razor. I'm still not a big Shaving Cream fan but will keep this around for awhile. I do see this getting pif'd along at some point as I will be grabbing 1 of the 4 Arrefa soaps I have when Arrefa is reached for. The scent is too similar to a soap I have from another maker that was a gift. Crazy winds blew thru yesterday that knocked some trees down at a friends so off to there today to do some storm cleanup for him. Have a great day everyone !
h4WdNGI.jpg

10/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - 7 o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk 06 (7).JPG
That was a fine shave.
BBS from 2 passes and some clean up on the neck whirlpools and top lip.
I really do like the scent of Bay Rum, the DRH and Stirling bay rum are a great match.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

10 February

Sterling Campania
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

23FDB11F-56C3-46D1-97C9-88BABAB1D2A5.jpeg
A splendid two pass shave this morning. The Treet blade is a good match for the Blackbird, for me, and gives a very smooth finish with no worries. The Chubby created a wonderful lather with the Campania, sufficient for at least two more passes. Good stuff.

SOTD 20230210 Blusone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Pennellificio Pandolfo Zenith, ilRasoio Limited Edition 2014, Syntex Synth 1gen, 22x57x110mm
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Weleda Rasiercreme
  • Razor: Daune Replica Full White
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #3
  • After: Weleda Rasierwasser Vor und Nach
  • Frag: Myrurgia Flor de Blasón EDT Vapo
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
KhYlWxh.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Guns N' Roses - Patience

PXL_20230210_090700981~2.jpg
Shave number 4 with the Permasharp blade. It's still very sharp and it is even more smooth than it is sharp.

The MdC is a great performer which I break out on rare occasions as it's pricier than I can justify (I have a generous-sized sample from years ago).

Liberal applications of the Wars Classic aftershave which I love. Soon to be joined by another Wars aftershave...

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: 7 o'clock Long Comb New
Blade: Permasharp Supreme (Black background, gold text)
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Martin de Candre Lavender
Aftershave: Wars Classic

Back
Top Bottom