SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

Thursday AM 2023-02-09
The US National Weather Service was established on this date in 1870
2fwziYQ.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Iridium Super (10)
Versace Eros aftershave
rC9gmjO.jpg
sT9vO6H.jpg

All roads lead to the Hawk. ;) - I.
You are of course correct, Iain.
When I want a comfortable shave without any fuss I reach for the Hawk. It really works for me, and I would hapilly use it all the time (but, that would be boring)
I'm alternating every other shave between DE/SE razors and the Feather AC SS for the time being (Debbie wonders what I'm up to in the bathroom when I use the Feather AC, as it takes me nearly twice as long to shave!!

"To all the Fatties" Thursday?

Thursday 9th February

IMG_3045_Fotor.jpg

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Marvellous Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (Black) Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Jet & Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

It's battle of the Super Platinums ...

Recent shaves with the Statum Platinum Chrome gave me a big smile, not just because it was a great shave but because I'd landed on something that I could call a viable replacement for the discontinued Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum, a blade which I personally think surpassed even the mighty Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum! So, I'm going to run them back to back. That, and compare to my personal favourite blade the Treet Platinum because I think the Statum Platinum Chrome might be able to topple that crown.

Tonight, the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum ... and my goodness, that is a great blade! Super-sharp, super-efficient. Phenomenal shave!

8C8A6A64-6E7C-4B1D-8D1B-9D804CC6C9B1.jpeg
SOTD: 09/02/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi/MSC Issey Miyaki Puck
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

The little Yaqi is a smooth and efficient, if slightly milder beast than the Vector and for that I find it an enjoyable razor in its own right. I think the soap is my favourite Yaqi/MSC its scent is medium strong which suits the aftershave it’s based on and the base as ever lathers a treat. A great little shave.

9/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Shed Eleven/Boti N3C
Soap - MWF/Kent
Razor - Gillette New FB on Fat Handle
Blade - Gillette Super Thin Thailand (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Wars Protect

View attachment 100356
How are you finding the brush, Shubs? How’s that big ole 27mm Boti N3C? The shape of the bulb is quite pronounced - is that good or bad? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition…

Back
Top Bottom