SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 21st January 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF.
Razor: (Face) Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. - Euromax Platinum. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Yaqi Katana. - Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...My recent reacquaintance with my Slant razors has been wonderful. The Parker 55SL Semi-Slant is such a smooth shaver, very much like the Merkur 37C and it's bigger sibling 39C.The Euromax Platinum was a great match with both the Yaqi katana & Parker 55SL Semi-Slant feeling smooth & efficient in both razors.

An invigorating cold water face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

WuQbSfl.png

Sat 21
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
A truly beautiful lather from the soap. Richly creamy and slick with an amazing scent augmented by the matching splash!
This razor's edge is buttery smooth for today's rush shave. A truly quality razor! 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230121_104757.jpg

Very happy with today's shave. On paper it could've been very different given the kit I was using. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad kit - far from it. But it is some of the equipment I find needs more concentration.

The Bakelite razor is very light and shaves at a strange angle

The Shark blade was already 5 shaves down

The Wilkinson Sword soap takes more work than my usual creams

The Omega brush is not my best performer

So..

Hot face wash while the soap, brush and razor soaked, bit if oil, really worked the soaking brush into the wet soap then carried onto face lathering.

2 1/2 passes followed by a wash with the remaining soap in the brush, cold soap and balm.

Close, comfortable a smooth. Truly BBS.

The blade is now binned after 6 days and I'll be swapping over to my R41 Grande tomorrow for a complete change.

20230121_075414.jpg

C55F2582-4D76-41DE-95D1-195A02C8FBAB.jpeg
SOTD: 21/01/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Tabac Original Eau de Toilette

Last of my under used soaps, it still gets an outing once a month but it deserves more than that. A set up made possible mainly thanks to @Gairdner. I love the performance and scent, I can’t help it, (of the soap not @Gairdner!) its one of my favourite weekend shave set ups, a great razor, a great blade and my best brush. Enjoy the weekend guys!

PXL_20230120_125726463~2.jpg
SOTD January 21 2023

Razor - Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - MWF - Lavender
Brush - Goodfellas Wild Hog (Omega)
Bowl - Captain's Choice copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

MWF Lavender! I hear you ask, well once I had knocked up a really good lather I then added three drops of Lavender essential oil to the lather bowl and blended with my brush.
It works a treat too!

The shave was fabulous, really close but smooth, today I used an Astra SP blade which works well in this razor.

Baxter of California ASB to finish off a fab shave followed by a good few sprays of Kouros leaving me well shaved and smelling great!

Have a great weekend chaps,

Paul.

Saturday 21 January
Another fine and fresh sunny day, decided to start a week of SB and CC shaves.
Karve Overlander Brass SB
Gillette 7o’clock super platinum black (x2)
Ancient ToBS badger
RazoRock Plague Doctor

Bit of a mixed experienced today, the Karve is one of my favourites and never disappoints, comfortable and easy to use, looks good with its patina. I’m not sure about the 7 o’clock blade, it just doesn’t seem quite sharp enough so requires 3 passes and still leaves a lot for pick up, unlike say the Personna which removes most stubble in a first pass, two max.
Where did RR get the recipe for Plague Doctor? It has no discernible scent and makes a weak lather. Mind you my brush is now well worn and a bit weak around the edges, bit like me, but still…… This is the same RR with their Puros, XxX and Stallion stars! Where did it go wrong RR? PD soap has now been tossed in the plague pit, aka, the rubbish bin.
Eventually, however, the shave worked out ok with no irritation or weeps. Some Man Cave moisturiser and a splash of Ralph Lauren Polo Sport which the postie just delivered and which got the raised eye brows and admiring smile from the boss.
Have a great weekend fellas!

012E776B-97A2-4227-A0EB-4A9994A78B0D.jpeg

Merkur 15C with Razorock thin bar handle :: Feather blade (3) :: Omega boar brush :: P&B Spitfire soap :: Tabac lotion
IMG_20230121_103807.jpg
A delightful, very smooth, shave. Feather blades do not seem to get to much love here, but it just works for me beautifully in this razor: very smooth and takes down a three day growth without a hitch. The Razorock handle adds just a bit of extra weight to Merkur 15C, I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom