SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday AM 2023-01-21
National Hugging Day
PSlSTyC.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (2-ring) (30/52)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Fabergé Brut aftershave (vintage)
NMkqkvO.jpg
mNYvylz.jpg

Saturday 21st January

AL9nZEVob3mBNgtUdPIyshH5cOqv9IXQDiJXFgJPErzfdz7Vb5O3bR7p63rGbXQbstpbzrsrVH9wCv75SUmsQfaTtsTjRV-v1631XJ0BrOsgS1_Qz1XS-s8bliegjafWquYCq5CJjaX4eB5sLa5Rc1iMvi7RwQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk (A Plate) w/Windrose Darwin Handle & Feather Professional Super (6)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Please don't read this as boasting (well, maybe just a little bit) ... but vintage Old Spice really is something special.

First proper go with this new Piggy and it's lovely. Very plebian, good scritch, good backbone and a wonderfully pungent stink!

Saturday 21st January

AL9nZEVob3mBNgtUdPIyshH5cOqv9IXQDiJXFgJPErzfdz7Vb5O3bR7p63rGbXQbstpbzrsrVH9wCv75SUmsQfaTtsTjRV-v1631XJ0BrOsgS1_Qz1XS-s8bliegjafWquYCq5CJjaX4eB5sLa5Rc1iMvi7RwQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk (A Plate) w/Windrose Darwin Handle & Feather Professional Super (6)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Please don't read this as boasting (well, maybe just a little bit) ... but vintage Old Spice really is something special.

First proper go with this new Piggy and it's lovely. Very plebian, good scritch, good backbone and a wonderfully pungent stink!
Would have never thought the Darwin handle would make such a lovely pair with the Hawk(y)

Would have never thought the Darwin handle would make such a lovely pair with the Hawk(y)

Thanks! Yes, it looks super (to my eyes ... and clearly yours) and balances up just right. I hold this by the end segment and the design of the handle allows me to sit thumb and crossed index finger right there on the pommel. That permits a lot of elasticity in the stoke and so the perhaps extreme combination with the Feather Super is rendered quite safe.

66064605-B9D0-45E0-9693-7963586C6FD3.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: Semogue 26mm Excelsior Barbear Classico LE Badger/Boar
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Proraso Green (Refreshing)
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Good protection and slickness with the Proraso but I do find it my most drying soap. No big deal as I always use a balm but I won’t replace it when it’s finished.

Saturday 21st January

Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug

Thanks! Yes, it looks super (to my eyes ... and clearly yours) and balances up just right. I hold this by the end segment and the design of the handle allows me to sit thumb and crossed index finger right there on the pommel. That permits a lot of elasticity in the stoke and so the perhaps extreme combination with the Feather Super is rendered quite safe.
Hiya doin Paul,

I agree with ATG that the razor/blade combo looks great Heh, I hope it's efficient enough for you.

Also, I'm with you regarding the Old Spice soap, It's probably my 2-3 all around favorite soaps or creams. Excellent scent if it's been still wrapped in the unbroken plastic seal. Otherwise if the frag's weak it still provides a tremendous shave and lathers .like a rabid Saint Bernard.

I'll use the extinct OS soap/frag often in the rotation.

Martin

Hiya doin Paul,

I agree with ATG that the razor/blade combo looks great Heh, I hope it's efficient enough for you.

Also, I'm with you regarding the Old Spice soap, It's probably my 2-3 all around favorite soaps or creams. Excellent scent if it's been still wrapped in the unbroken plastic seal. Otherwise if the frag's weak it still provides a tremendous shave and lathers .like a rabid Saint Bernard.

I'll use the extinct OS soap/frag often in the rotation.

For an extinct product, box-fresh and fully sealed do seem to come up with reasonable frequency. I bought this one maybe a year after coming to traditional shaving and used it really sparingly. Getting the best from it is really just a case of not treating it like treasure and just using it as you would any other soap. I have a good spread of vintage soaps in my den and know that there is a particular lather and post-shave feel you get from vintage. Old Spice seems to be both vintage and modern feeling in its formulation.

The Feather Super in the Hawk is indeed an efficient combo! I think I could make it more exciting, but I'm more about enjoying the view nowadays than wing-suiting through it.

20230121_203643.jpg
SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Custom
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room May Chang
A/S: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
Balm: Atrixo

Trying out the Blackland Blackbird Lite for the first time in this shave. I prefer this over the original base plate.

SOTD 20230121
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Arlecchino LE 28/28
Soap: Saponifucio Varesino 70th. Anniversary
Razor: Blackland Blackbird TI OC polished
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Saponificio Varesino 70th. Anniversary

SOTD-20230121.jpg

7-DE89-BDB-58-BD-49-BA-9546-7-D3-A38787-EEC.jpg

E33-F2-CBB-3-F83-443-D-AFE5-49-FEFCE29103.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

A new week of SOTD's and a first entry from chez Satan. As a 'We were cheated the last time you bastard' I hope to make my ammends as I present you with the theme, 'We will rock you (take II)'

20230121_190856.jpg

We will shave you 2 - Tatara Nodachi
We will cut you 2 - Polsilver Lodz
We will brush you 2 - PAA Pelegrino
We will cream on your face 2 - Extro Arzachena

Two for the price of one for double the value

'I say no more'

Being as you were indeed cheated out of the usual shite from me due to being rushed.....and half cut, you can have the full non-edited version this evening.

Boycie, you're a man(?), sell shaving toys
Sell crap on the street, you might be decent someday
We got your soap on our face, we're all debase
Kicking cans of foam all over the place, singin'

We will, we will shave you

Boycie, you're a bad business man, a real cad man
Flogging all your sheet, gonna take on the BST someday
We got blood on our face, it's a fucking disgrace
We bought all your shit from off this place

We will, we will shave you, sing it!

Boycie, you're the emporiam, a real bad man
We got bleeding in our eyes, gonna pay you a visit someday
Still got fluff on my face, I look a disgrace
Wife's not interested, got to learn to masturbate

We will, we will shave you, sing it
We will, we will shave you, everybody
We will, we will shave you, hmm
Alright?
No it bloody ain't

After last week's tales from the titanium crypt it only felt right to return to the Nodachi in all its stainless glory. And a glorious return it was. I will stick by my final words and I would happily take the heavyweight offering anyway. It really is a superb, smooth and efficient piece of razormanship.

Nice to use the Arzachena once again. Everything to love and nothing to dislike. God, even my wife made a remark about the scent. It was probably something down the road of 'you smell like a bottle of Domestos', but hey you can't have everything.

And a Chard like photo just to prove a point

20230121_191211.jpg

Have most wonderful weekends you superb shaving community folks and just remember, I love you all. And just to prove a point....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom