SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
21/01/23
Str8 shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8
Blade - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk 04 (1).JPG
While i had the stones out the other week i put the Horn scaled Böker through a refresh. Very smooth it is too.
A wonderful lather from the face-full of badger and Stirling soap, i do like this bay rum.
A nice post shave leaving me clean and fresh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 21-Jan
20230120_124025.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Friodur 72-V

Pleasant shave this morning, been an age since I've taken the straights out so decided it was about time. This was my first henckel and still my favourite. I'm a little out of practice though so it took a lot longer than normal, though slow still managed a decent finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

kYzSCBz.jpg

AOS Taos (R89) razor.
I have never used a better soap than this Stirling Sheep. If you love MWF then try this one, please. Ewe deserve it. ;)

kYzSCBz.jpg

AOS Taos (R89) razor.
I have never used a better soap than this Stirling Sheep. If you love MWF then try this one, please. Ewe deserve it. ;)

A very interesting observation. I've not really used many 'artisan' shaving soaps, a few along the way, but the mutton tallow based Stirlings of Sheep & Electric Sheep a few of them, and they are some of the finest performing soaps I have used.

@Boycie83
Stirling Sheep does have a barnyard funk to it when the lather is on the face, Electric Sheep doesn't though.

A very interesting observation. I've not really used many 'artisan' shaving soaps, a few along the way, but the mutton tallow based Stirlings of Sheep & Electric Sheep a few of them, and they are some of the finest performing soaps I have used.

@Boycie83
Stirling Sheep does have a barnyard funk to it when the lather is on the face, Electric Sheep doesn't though.
Barnyard Funk - the debut album by Old MacDonald.

21 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black Ninja).
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentleman’s Nod: Ernest ( C4 )
Fragrance: Almeria by Loumari

The Black Ninja is another stunning blade that I have a bulk lot of.. I really do look forward to having this back in my rotation. As for the 'Nod', this is another absolutely faultless soap that I wholeheartedly recommend. Yeah, a fantastic shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom