SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Garethtoogood - You're looking at >€300 for a titanium Tatara but there's normally some good discounts around Black Friday. The stainless steel version is also very good and can be had for half the cost of titanium.

Wow that's serious money!

Indeed it is, but as pointed out and as I summarised, the stainless version does exactly the same (and I do prefer the weight) for a fraction of the cost and yet remains as tactile and intuitive. It is the design which does it for me irrelevant of the material. Saying that, if there was an aluminium version I would hate it.
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

When you need a quick head shave.... and the Capra is now a hybrid, hybrid soap as it's the remains of my Britannia tub mixed in with it

20230127_183227-01-jpeg.127814
Cheers Martyn

I actually got 1 last shave out of the Super Silver blade. Despite the blade being on it's last legs, I had a well protected shave using Signature Britannia.

Whilst I have been away, I have been using my birth year slim with a Wizamet blade in - Only a couple of shaves so this will continue into next week. I have been using up the War sample from Barr&Mann (can't seem to lump them with B&M!!). I really do like War - I think I have enough for 1 more shave out of it, but will then have to look to get a proper size tub of it in; probably go for a matching splash too, as I'm caning the American Blend which goes quite nicely with the War.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend.
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

It is yes. I didn’t like it at first, too much backbone, but strangely after 5 or 6 uses now it’s much better. I really like it. I’d like it to splay a bit more, but it does just enough for it not to be a problem.

Thanks for the info.

I've liked the look of that particular knot, but my experiences with the new generation of synthetic knots have been much like yours; too much backbone for face lathering but superb for bowl lathering.

I hope your new knot continues to 'break in' with time though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom