SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Schick F type/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Colonel Conk superbadger
Ralph Lauren 'Safari' shaving soap (vintage)
Lucky Tiger after shave (no burn which is good for me)
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (vintage)

One of my top soaps used sparingly since it's sadly extinct. Kinda smells like the old tallow AOS sandalwood but without any clay scented undertone. Get some if you find any.

This razor/blade combo is soooo efficient. Wiped away 3 days worth of whiskers and left my face squeaky smooth.

The Havana is to me a spicy oriental frag that I've always enjoyed. Newer vesion is good too.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday AM 2023-01-27
National Punch the Clock Day
VQjLCE8.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Common Bar
Wilkinson Light Brigade (9)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
xU1a62t.jpg
Oy8BxEo.jpg

Second shave with the Popular No. 45, the Hampshire Woolfat No. 1, and the Gillette Platinum.
Another great shave. The razor pushes the lather that it and the blade removes from the face down underneath the combs, rather than leaving it on the blade, which I like.
Close and lots of feedback.

Finished with the Azur Lime but later on; a good cold water splash or two and enjoyed the scent of the soap for a while before knocking it out with the nice but too fleeting cologne.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1960s)
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Proraso Azur Lime cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63d417249c1da4081f7ceea4
PXL_20230127_181609345.jpg

Friday 27th January

Soap • Stirling Barbershop
Brush • Simpson Wee Scot
Razor • Univinlions
Blade • Feather Pro (1)
Poat • Paco Rabanne Aftershave

This tiny Simpson brush was part of a recent PIF. Many thanks to Ben, @hdb3326
It baffles me how such a tiny brush can create and hold enough lather for a two pass shave?
The soap was a gift from another kind gent, Iain, @Digimonkey
I am very fortunate indeed.

Enjoy the weekend everyone

And as my final entry for this week of SOTD's my shave arrives with the theme, 'phonetics'

20230127_114601.jpg

Romeo Alpha Zuzu Oscar Romeo - Stainless Mongoose
Bravo Lima Alpha Delta Echo - Feather Super Professional
Bravo Romeo Uniform Sier - Ah stuff this it's going to take all night - Hive-2
ADP Collezione Barbierre
ADP Colonia Club

A great end to the week and a good start to the weekend with a very happy shave.

Have a most wonderful one you awesome people and take something with you. I love you all.

And have some puffyshoes from finally the weekend

Yaqi Mellon head with Razorock thin handle :: Gillette Nacet blade (3) :: DR Harris Windsor cream :: Omega 10066 boar brush :: Lea Classic lotion
IMG_20230127_192853.jpg
The result is OK but both the cream (1st ever try of DR Harris cream), and Nacet, were somehow underwhelming. The skin was very thirsty afterwards. Quite likely a user error again... Anyway, onto the next new thing, right, chaps?

I actually got 1 last shave out of the Super Silver blade. Despite the blade being on it's last legs, I had a well protected shave using Signature Britannia.

Whilst I have been away, I have been using my birth year slim with a Wizamet blade in - Only a couple of shaves so this will continue into next week. I have been using up the War sample from Barr&Mann (can't seem to lump them with B&M!!). I really do like War - I think I have enough for 1 more shave out of it, but will then have to look to get a proper size tub of it in; probably go for a matching splash too, as I'm caning the American Blend which goes quite nicely with the War.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend.

Attachments

• 20230125_052432.jpg
    20230125_052432.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230125_213022.jpg
    20230125_213022.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
121D8C91-2CBE-439C-B900-9D7AAE7F7CF6.jpeg
SOTD: 27/01/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Gondolier Puck
Aftershave: PAA Gondolier Cologne
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

An amazing shave thanks to a more focused concentrated approach! It’s definitely a real favourite and welcome addition to the den. The Stando is just a delight. Enjoy your weekend guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom